Different size bands

There are actually many kinds of bands. Dr. Ortiz (as far as I know)uses either the standard inamed band or the larger VG band. The Dr. determines which one to use on a patient based on their individual needs. If you have a high BMI, carry alot of fat around your middle, then you are a good candidate for the VG. I guess only he can tell you which one you will get. I have the larger VG band. I must admit to going through alot of frustration with it...BUT...I did hang in there and I did get my fills and now I am losing weight at a regular and quite happy pace!! You can be successful with either band, I just think the VG requires more patience. Just know that Dr Ortiz and his team will give you the band that is best for you, the one that is HEALTHIEST for you. Good Luck and welcome to bandland. Nita

There are actually many kinds of bands. Dr. Ortiz (as far as I know)uses either the standard inamed band or the larger VG band. The Dr. determines which one to use on a patient based on their individual needs. If you have a high BMI, carry alot of fat around your middle, then you are a good candidate for the VG. I guess only he can tell you which one you will get. I have the larger VG band. I must admit to going through alot of frustration with it...BUT...I did hang in there and I did get my fills and now I am losing weight at a regular and quite happy pace!! You can be successful with either band, I just think the VG requires more patience. Just know that Dr Ortiz and his team will give you the band that is best for you, the one that is HEALTHIEST for you. Good Luck and welcome to bandland. Nita

Thanks Nita! I guess I shouldn't put in a request for a tight one when I get there. Lol. :P

So are both bands made by the same company, or are they different? Do docs in the U.S. use different sizes too? I went to a seminar here once and they didn't mention it, that's why I ask.

Thanks again!

I pulled out my little occ card and my band card and it doesn't state who makes it so I am not sure if both are made by inamed or not. I do know that the doctors here do use both bands and if you check around on some of the other boards you will see that there are many different types in use. I am sure that this is Dr preference. Don't worry though, Dr. Ortiz will give you the best band for you! Contrary to things that have been said, its not just a factory where no one cares. The VG band works just as well as the smaller band. It just takes a while to hit your sweet spot because it holds more fill. Like I said before, I have had some frustrating times waiting for that sweet spot but when you find it, and if you don't give up, you will find it, then you will be on the real journey...So here's hopin that you have much good luck and lose all the weight you want and that you win the lottery..(not really, its my turn to win.) Good Luck and take care. Nita