has anyone been to Moterrey with Dr. Rumbaut?

I'm a newbie, just checking into this surgery. got all enthused and set a date. now (ok, ok, better late than never) I'm wondering if anyone out there has had surgery from Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico, and how your experience was. all information welcome. thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a newbie, just checking into this surgery. got all enthused and set a date. now (ok, ok, better late than never) I'm wondering if anyone out there has had surgery from Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico, and how your experience was. all information welcome. thanks!!

This forum is sponsored by Dr. Ortiz's clinic in TJ, so you probably won't see many people posting who've been to Dr. Rumbaut. Now, he was my second choice in doctors and according to my research, he has great credentials.

Twigs

Rumbaut was one of the original trial Doctors for the lapband. He has great credentials. He's even been lapbanded. He's pricer than most doctors doing the lapband surgery. It also costs more to fly to Monterrey from most places in the USA. But he's got a great fan base and I've personally never heard of anything bad about him. I'd check www.lapbandtalk.com and see what they have to say about him too.

• 3 weeks later...

The best surgeon in the world. You can not ask for a better person to do the surgery. CMathews

Rumbaut was one of the original trial Doctors for the lapband. He has great credentials. He's even been lapbanded. He's pricer than most doctors doing the lapband surgery. It also costs more to fly to Monterrey from most places in the USA. But he's got a great fan base and I've personally never heard of anything bad about him. I'd check www.lapbandtalk.com and see what they have to say about him too.

After a quick read I thought you said he had lapbanded himself, and I thought that must have been tricky.

• 11 months later...

I also looked into this doctor and if Im correct he has a chapter in Dr Ortiz book. Price was the same, but I opted for Dr. Ortiz because I have family in the San Diego area. Good luck in youre journey and keep us posted.