pain when I swallow

Hi. I was banded in March by Dr. Ortiz. I had my 1st fill with Dr Acousta in May. Then in June I had a second fill with a Dr in Baton Rouge Louisiana. Flouro wasn't used. I have about 2.1 cc in my band. At least that is what I was told on June 6th when I had my 2nd fill. I didn't have any trouble until about 3 weeks ago. I started having trouble with PBiing. I was having days where I could eat and days I couldn't eat hardly anything at all. But the past 3 or 4 days it has actually been painful to eat and to even drink. I am able to drink but it hurts when it goes through. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen to them. My husband wants me to have an unfill but I don't want to go run out and spend another $350 to get it unfilled. I've been trying to just do liquids to see if it just needs to heal after going through the PBing I was doing. I can't afford to go back to TJ right now. But I'm also a little afraid that if something is wrong and if maybe not doing something about it might cause the band to completely close up. Could that happen even if its been over 2 months since my last fill? I would appreciate anyone who might have some ideas.

Thank you in advance.

By the way I was 197.5 when I decided to get banded and today I am 159.5. I love my band!

Hi. I was banded in March by Dr. Ortiz. I had my 1st fill with Dr Acousta in May. Then in June I had a second fill with a Dr in Baton Rouge Louisiana. Flouro wasn't used. I have about 2.1 cc in my band. At least that is what I was told on June 6th when I had my 2nd fill. I didn't have any trouble until about 3 weeks ago. I started having trouble with PBiing. I was having days where I could eat and days I couldn't eat hardly anything at all. But the past 3 or 4 days it has actually been painful to eat and to even drink. I am able to drink but it hurts when it goes through. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen to them. My husband wants me to have an unfill but I don't want to go run out and spend another $350 to get it unfilled. I've been trying to just do liquids to see if it just needs to heal after going through the PBing I was doing. I can't afford to go back to TJ right now. But I'm also a little afraid that if something is wrong and if maybe not doing something about it might cause the band to completely close up. Could that happen even if its been over 2 months since my last fill? I would appreciate anyone who might have some ideas.

Thank you in advance.

By the way I was 197.5 when I decided to get banded and today I am 159.5. I love my band!

WOO HOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSE!!!

THE LOCAL PLACE I GET FILLS DONE, HER ASSISTANT HAS A BAND. SHE WAS AT WHAT SHE THOUGHT WAS HER SWEET SPOT FOR MONTHS. ONE DAY, OUT OF THE BLUE, SHE NEEDED AN UN FILL. NO RHYME NOR REASON. THE BAND JUST BECAME TO TIGHT. GO FIGURE, IT'S A FICKLE THING

WOO HOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSE!!!

THE LOCAL PLACE I GET FILLS DONE, HER ASSISTANT HAS A BAND. SHE WAS AT WHAT SHE THOUGHT WAS HER SWEET SPOT FOR MONTHS. ONE DAY, OUT OF THE BLUE, SHE NEEDED AN UN FILL. NO RHYME NOR REASON. THE BAND JUST BECAME TO TIGHT. GO FIGURE, IT'S A FICKLE THING

Thanks for the info. Seems weird that after being just right for so long it suddenly gets too tight. I'm afraid to unfill. Don't want to gain weight back. GOnna give it a few more days. Maybe a few days of liquids will help.

Thanks for the info. Seems weird that after being just right for so long it suddenly gets too tight. I'm afraid to unfill. Don't want to gain weight back. GOnna give it a few more days. Maybe a few days of liquids will help.

YEAH I'D SAY IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GO FOR THE UNFILL, LIQUIDS!!!

SHE SAID THE SAME THING, IT'S JUST WEIRD LIKE THAT

BE SAFE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tracey,

Can you give me the name of the doctor that you used in Baton Rouge for your fill? We live in North Louisiana and are having a really hard time finding someone to do a fill for the surgery that was performed in Mexico. The closest I've found so far is in Georgia, but I'd much rather drive to Baton Rouge!!

Thanks!

Jenni (Lindsay's mom - Lost 64 pounds so far!)

you might try drinking a smoothy or something like that - try going low calorie though since the calories add up fast... i have found that when i have to go on liquids for a few days, cold things help with the swelling plus make my throat feel better... you might even try low cal ice cream bars... i like skinny cow products and they are usually 100 calories per ice cream bar.

kim

Thank you in advance.

How did things work out? I'm going through the same thing right now. Had my 2nd fill 2-3 months ago and now I'm having trouble for a few days at a time. Can't always even get liquids down. Once I PB, that's it for the day - no more eating. I'm also in the same boat not really having the cash to get down to TJ real quick. But there are also some days I can eat quite a bit.... eeerg! Don't know what to do!

Tracey,

Can you give me the name of the doctor that you used in Baton Rouge for your fill? We live in North Louisiana and are having a really hard time finding someone to do a fill for the surgery that was performed in Mexico. The closest I've found so far is in Georgia, but I'd much rather drive to Baton Rouge!!

Thanks!

Jenni (Lindsay's mom - Lost 64 pounds so far!)

The Number I called was listed under Dr Drake Bellanger. But I don't think thats the actual Dr there now. I think its someone new. But the Physicians asst did my fill. Her name is Holly. It was $350 and you can go back anytime within 2 weeks of the fill and have it adjusted if you need to. Here's the #1-225-819-4205. I didn't have to do any paper work. She only sees pts on Wed afternoons I think. Goodluck!

How did things work out? I'm going through the same thing right now. Had my 2nd fill 2-3 months ago and now I'm having trouble for a few days at a time. Can't always even get liquids down. Once I PB, that's it for the day - no more eating. I'm also in the same boat not really having the cash to get down to TJ real quick. But there are also some days I can eat quite a bit.... eeerg! Don't know what to do!

I've been trying to do mostly liquids. The liquids don't feel as bad going down now as they did but its still not right. There's not very much I can get down. Sometimes I can't even get a smoothie down. Morning are far worse than any other time. I bought the slim fast optimas again to try for a while s I can make sure I get enough protien until whatever I did heals. If I PB thats it for me also. I know I should go get an adjustment but I'm gonna try to stick it out awhile longer. Too worried about the weight coming back on.

I hope you get to feeling better.

The Number I called was listed under Dr Drake Bellanger. But I don't think thats the actual Dr there now. I think its someone new. But the Physicians asst did my fill. Her name is Holly. It was $350 and you can go back anytime within 2 weeks of the fill and have it adjusted if you need to. Here's the #1-225-819-4205. I didn't have to do any paper work. She only sees pts on Wed afternoons I think. Goodluck!

Tracey,

Thank you so very much. I've also found a doc in Little Rock - Dr. Rex Luttrell. At least we have options!!!!! Thank you so very much!!

Jenni

I am going through the exact same thing now. I got my band in Feb. and had it filled to 2.0 in May. I have been doing ok until last week, when I started PB ing and couldn't get anything down. Today I am in the bed because I am in so much pain. I can barely get liquids down, and I AM SCARED. It is not just when I eat or drink, but all the time. I can't get back to TJ easily and the nearest fill center is 4 hours away and only accepts fill patients on Fridays. I just want to know if this gets better or if there is a serious problem?

PLEASE, ANY INFO WOULD HELP!!!!!

I am going through the exact same thing now. I got my band in Feb. and had it filled to 2.0 in May. I have been doing ok until last week, when I started PB ing and couldn't get anything down. Today I am in the bed because I am in so much pain. I can barely get liquids down, and I AM SCARED. It is not just when I eat or drink, but all the time. I can't get back to TJ easily and the nearest fill center is 4 hours away and only accepts fill patients on Fridays. I just want to know if this gets better or if there is a serious problem?

PLEASE, ANY INFO WOULD HELP!!!!!

It sounds like you are over-filled. If you cannot get out of bed I would advise you to call the doctor immediately. You need to get this dealt with or your could cause some serious problems.