What an awesome feeling...

So today I was cleaning out my closet in preparation to move. Normally this is a dismal time where I reflect on all the money wasted for clothes that never fit, tags still attached that just took up space in my closet. Also a very depressing since I never lost "enough" weight to actually wear them. Ever notice how the smaller the size, the cuter things get?? ughhh

Today was different....

Knowing I had lost pre-op, I actually put on those cute jeans in a size I haven't worn in years. I DIDN'T have to lay on the bed to button. I didn't have to suck it all in to get them to zip. All the tags were still attached and to my amazement they WEREN'T stretch jeans.. they were the normal kind!! AND.. it's my tom... AND I'm still a bit swollen from surgery on Monday (8-20) ... WOW!!! I'm still in shock ... Ive gotta go do some more "shopping" in my closet :)

Here's to us my fellow bandsters.. I hope everyone gets to experience this awesome feeling!!!

Amber

So today I was cleaning out my closet in preparation to move. Normally this is a dismal time where I reflect on all the money wasted for clothes that never fit, tags still attached that just took up space in my closet. Also a very depressing since I never lost "enough" weight to actually wear them. Ever notice how the smaller the size, the cuter things get?? ughhh

Today was different....

Knowing I had lost pre-op, I actually put on those cute jeans in a size I haven't worn in years. I DIDN'T have to lay on the bed to button. I didn't have to suck it all in to get them to zip. All the tags were still attached and to my amazement they WEREN'T stretch jeans.. they were the normal kind!! AND.. it's my tom... AND I'm still a bit swollen from surgery on Monday (8-20) ... WOW!!! I'm still in shock ... Ive gotta go do some more "shopping" in my closet :)

Here's to us my fellow bandsters.. I hope everyone gets to experience this awesome feeling!!!

Amber

hi Amberlam! i know exactly how you feel! i was banded 8/17/07 and words cannot describe how perfectly EVERYHING went! the day after my surgery i walked for 3 1/2 hours just shopping and enjoying the sites of TJ! and as i walk more and eat less i notice changes already and they are great! i know i have a long road and lots of work ahead of me but, this time TRULY is different! thanks to this wonderful band i dont have to worry about the inevitable re-gaining that has been the story of all my weight loss attempts for the last 20 years! words truly cannot describe how wonderfully i was treated at OCC.

the whole experience has been so great that now my mom has decided to get banded by dr ortiz and the OCC! and my aunt is scheduling her surgery there now, too. i dont want to sound like a broken record i just cannot imagine having it done anywhere else now! i am already looking into my closet for smaller things to wear! :) im looking forward to my fills!

dallas

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I love that feeling...I was just noticing that I have NO winter clothes that will fit me now!!!! Guess I'll be checking some consignment shops! I don't want to drop loads of money on things I'll shrink out of! LOL

CONGRATS on the LOSS!!

Donna

hi Amberlam! i know exactly how you feel! i was banded 8/17/07 and words cannot describe how perfectly EVERYHING went! the day after my surgery i walked for 3 1/2 hours just shopping and enjoying the sites of TJ! and as i walk more and eat less i notice changes already and they are great! i know i have a long road and lots of work ahead of me but, this time TRULY is different! thanks to this wonderful band i dont have to worry about the inevitable re-gaining that has been the story of all my weight loss attempts for the last 20 years! words truly cannot describe how wonderfully i was treated at OCC.

the whole experience has been so great that now my mom has decided to get banded by dr ortiz and the OCC! and my aunt is scheduling her surgery there now, too. i dont want to sound like a broken record i just cannot imagine having it done anywhere else now! i am already looking into my closet for smaller things to wear! :) im looking forward to my fills!

dallas

Hi Dallas,

I met you in the waiting room at the OCC. I was leaving and you were checking in. I'm glad to hear that you are doing so wonderful. I am, too. I hate it say how easy this has been because I don't know what's around the corner, but I've not been hungry at all. Did you buy some neat stuff in TJ? Are you going back there for a fill? I'm looking for somebody to go back with around Sept 28th.

Dawn

dallas

Hi Dallas. I'm amazed that you walked 3 1/2 hours on your first day out. i was banded on 8/7 and and am only getting close to your shopping stamina. Good for you! :rolleyes: :-h