Anyone need knee or other surgeries later?

Hi again,

I have been wanting to post about this for awhile. Since I have dropped a good amount of weight, my knees, legs and hips hurt alot more than usual. It seems so strange that doctors tell you before that your weight is wearing on your joints, so if you lost some weight, you would feel better. Yeah right! What the heck is going on here?! I have lost 60 lbs, and my knees(especially my right knee), has been more painful and popping and cracking more than ever. I have osteoarthritis in my hip too. I refuse to take those joint supplements because firstly, they take weeks to take affect, and secondly, they are expensive, and thirdly, it's just another pill to take and I am fed up with that. I am happy now that I don't need to take my Prevacid for GERD, and my naproxen for the arthritis(been on it for years and it just makes me swell), even though it helped before with the pain. Don't want to take it also because it can hurt the lining of my stomach and possibly the band. Stiffness in my knees are worse than ever too.

Before I got serious about my weight and to get the band, I was told by my ortho doc that the next step on my right knee is arthroscopy. Hey, if it helps then I am all for it, but with the excess weight I was carrying, he wasn't too gung ho about it. Don't blame him because I wasn't very strong or sturdy then. That would be rough.

So, I was wondering if anyone else has had to get other surgeries done after they lost weight enough to handle it?

Thanks all for any replies.

Peace,

Judy