Burping

Hello friends and fellow bandsters, just wondering if anyone is having or has had burping problems?

I was banded in Oct. 2006, no problems until about 1 month ago. Burping, or should I say belching is almost a constant problem for me. I am going to call the clinic soon, just wondered if anyone else found a way to solve the problem.

Thanks.

Michael

Hello friends and fellow bandsters, just wondering if anyone is having or has had burping problems?

I was banded in Oct. 2006, no problems until about 1 month ago. Burping, or should I say belching is almost a constant problem for me. I am going to call the clinic soon, just wondered if anyone else found a way to solve the problem.

Thanks.

Michael

EMAIL MICHELLE cleo666, SHE'S HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS

Thanks.

Michael

i am sooo glad to read someone else has this problem. i was banded by dr ortiz 8/17/07, and and still in my liquid only phase (for 7 more days,) but i burp ALOT now and i never used to do that! its always after i drink soup or yogurt or milk but not after i drink water or juice. i am anxious to see if this is harmful or if it will go away in time. :blink: i have lost 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks since my surgery and am very pleased with that, looking forward to my first fill :)

Thanks for you reply. During the liquid phase I think that is normal as your stomach is so empty. However, I am not a doctor, but that was normal for me as well. I have had success with gas-x during the liquid phase and even today. Guess I just need to call Dr. Ortiz.

I hope for you it passes. Congrats on your 10 lbs. Great start is right. Savor the food when you start eating again. Food may never taste so good.

Michael

OMG!!!!

I just read this post.

My burping is out of control. Let's exchange notes and please let me know what they told you. Especially if they tell you "you are swallowing too much air!"

:-?

i come off my liquid diet in a few days and i want to see if eating real food will have an effect on the CONSTANT burping :blink: i will let you know

if that helps. i take gas -x chewables several times a day espicially after drinking (soups, protien shakes ect.) since it seems to be worse then and it

seems to help a little. :unsure: i go for my first fill on oct 5th and will see if it gets better.

• 6 months later...

April 3, 2008

I can outburp any sailor in the Carolinas.

Please someone help me get it to stop.

I have.....

1. HAD ALL OF MY FILL REMOVED

2. TRIED STOPPING DAIRY AND DRINKING SOY INSTEAD

3. HAD AN ENDOSCOPY AND A COLONOSCOPY THE FIRST WEEK OF FEB. 2008 (IN US) BY A GASTEROLOGIST WITH NO SIGN OF "ANY" PROBLEMS

4. HAVE HAD A BARIUM SWALLOW AT A HOSPITAL IN SOUTH CAROLINA (THEY TREATED ME LIKE A FREAK OF NATURE) AND THEY SAW NO PROBLEMS

5. TRIED TUMS

6. TRIED PROLISEC

7. AM ON MY 3RD DIFFERENT ANTIBIOTIC TO POSSIBLY CURE A PARISITE INFECTION

Maybe I am a freak of nature.

I am so jealous of those of you that this has worked for. It hasn't worked for me. :(

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Michele from SC B)