Scheduled Sept 20

Guest cyndir

Hi all,

This is my first time on this site. I am looking on line to see satelite view of where the hotel and OCC are located in Tijuana. Also how far from the San Diego airport. Am I the only one that worries about exactly where I am going? Any suggestions of how to do this? I am not a computer navigator pro. I welcome any help. My email is cyndir@cableone.net Thank you for the help. Cyndi >:D<

The clinic is very close to the border, on Leona Vicario. Hotel Lucerna is at Paseo de los Heroes 10902. The border crossing is about 19 miles from the San Diego airport. OCC will pick you up at the airport and drive you to the clinic and the hotel, so there isn't much to worry about. If you walk over the border, you just give the address you want to go to to a cab driver and they will get you where you need to go. Cab cost is $5 for either destination. Kind of a flat rate they have. It can be intimidating to figure it all out the first time, but OCC takes care of you.

If you go on msn.com and click on MAPS, then just zoom in on Tijuana, you can probably find the streets I mentioned. They are both near the river, just off the southern bank. Paseo de los Heroes runs parallel to the river and is a major road in Tijuana. You can see the several traffic circles in in, which have some interesting statues! Leona Vicario is a short street running at right angles to the river.

Hehe - I ended up going to Europe the day after getting unfilled in TJ. Within 3 days I saw 3 statues of Lincoln in 3 different countries - and none of them was the US :lol:

Yeah, the Lincoln statue us a memorable landmark! Tijuana is an interesting place; you definitely know you're not in the US anymore, yet you keep seeing things like Costco. What do they call that? Cognitive dissonance?