2008 with a bang

MzAlx

After reading all the wonderful things that were writte about Dr. Ortiz, I have decided to go for it and have the surgery in January of 2008.

He is a wonderful Dr. you will do great. I think you could not possibly start the new year out better!!! I am one week post-op and I have no side affects of the surgery. The liquid diet is hard, but if you step on the scale every other day, you will find the wieght is poosring off. I stepped on the scale on Monday and then on Wednesday and had lost 4 pds between the two days. So far with the post op diet until now I have lost 24 pds. Tommorow I step on the scale again I can hardly wait, this was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Well, I guess and early HAPPY NEW YEAR (and new life) is in order. You will not be sorry. I was banded last November 30th. I started at 255 lbs. before my pre op diet and 9 1/2 months later I am at my goal weight of 150 lbs and am wearing a size 6. For me it was an early Christmas present and if I never get another Christmas present again, just looking at my closet full of stylish clothes and seeing who is looking back at me in the mirror is enough. the way I was going I probably wouldn't have lived to see my grandangel grow up - now I feel confident I'll dance at her wedding.

• 4 months later...
Well, I guess and early HAPPY NEW YEAR (and new life) is in order. You will not be sorry. I was banded last November 30th. I started at 255 lbs. before my pre op diet and 9 1/2 months later I am at my goal weight of 150 lbs and am wearing a size 6. For me it was an early Christmas present and if I never get another Christmas present again, just looking at my closet full of stylish clothes and seeing who is looking back at me in the mirror is enough. the way I was going I probably wouldn't have lived to see my grandangel grow up - now I feel confident I'll dance at her wedding.

Congratulations! We are very proud of you!

Thanks for sharing!

He is a wonderful Dr. you will do great. I think you could not possibly start the new year out better!!! I am one week post-op and I have no side affects of the surgery. The liquid diet is hard, but if you step on the scale every other day, you will find the wieght is poosring off. I stepped on the scale on Monday and then on Wednesday and had lost 4 pds between the two days. So far with the post op diet until now I have lost 24 pds. Tommorow I step on the scale again I can hardly wait, this was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Congrats on your weight loss!! I can't wait!!! How soon back to work? I'm having surgery on Fri. and going to work on tues. think i can make it?

Donna

OMGSH! That is awesome!!! You have done so great!!

Congrats on your weight loss!! I can't wait!!! How soon back to work? I'm having surgery on Fri. and going to work on tues. think i can make it?

Donna

I had mine on Friday and went back to work on Wednesday...I was fine except from being uncomfortable wearing my bra! It kept rubbing against my incisions. Next day was better...I wore a tank with a thing sewn in...like a bathing suit...under my shirt instead. :)