I'm in bandster hell...

My fill is on Oct 6th and I am in bandster hell right now. I can eat (and do eat) anything. I am really discouraged. My old habits are all back, same old cravings and head hunger. I'm hoping this fill will turn things around for me, I've gained 2 pounds back since going on solids. I also thought it would be easier to not have drinks with my meals, but it's difficult for me. I hate feeling like I am choking down pasty food. So I've been pretty much living the same way I did before surgery and that makes me sad. Hopefully things will turn around for me, or else I just wasted a whole lot of money! I'm in need of some serious encouragement. My husband isn't much help, all he can say when I try to talk to him about it is how much money he spent on my surgery. I'm really sad when I think about my band, so I try not to. :( At first I was so excited and dreamt of all the things I would do when I was thinner, now I try not to think about that.

Thanks,

Lauren

Your experience right now is right where most people are. The swelling in your stomach has gone down to the point where you have lost all feeling of restriction. Most people do gain weight during this period. Your body is still healing even though it may not feel like it and that is what you should be concentrating on. Do not worry about your weight until your first fill, that's when things will start rolling. The band is a long term solution, and unlike the crash diets out there it takes a little while to get going. To question whether or not it will be successful when you have hardly begun is not going to do anyone any good.

So basically, my advice is to relax . . .and give your husband a good natured smack for me, he's not helping! :)

Hi Lauren,

I believe you and I are about 2/3weeks apart from when I had my surgery and when you had yours. I can tell you I went through the same thing during week 4 and 5, where I felt I could and did anything things I knew where bad for me. I just had my first fill on Monday and I feel a lot better and feel I'm back on track. So hang in there and I believe you will feel better once you get that fill.

Trish

Thanks for your support. I know other people have gone through this too. When I first came on here I read posts similar to mine of folks going through the same thing. I guess I just didn't think it would happen to me! Lol. I just needed to hear some positive words, so thanks for that! I'm in the middle of one of those overeat-because-I'm-depressed,depressed-because-I-overeat cycles. It REALLY sucks! Oh, well, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks again!!!!!

~Lauren

Of course you are back to your old habits.... you don't officially have your tool yet. Everything to date has been the old self.. and the weight you lost was the old way too.. willpower for a lack of a better word. And you know where that has gotten you..

Once you get your fill(s) to the proper level then start your count down to a new life.

Tom

P.S. Remember to make your hubby squirm in a year or so when you get all this new guy attention...and you will get it..wanted or not. people pay more attention to you when your'e thinner (healthier)..

Good luck and dittos on relaxing

Tom

Of course you are back to your old habits.... you don't officially have your tool yet. Everything to date has been the old self.. and the weight you lost was the old way too.. willpower for a lack of a better word. And you know where that has gotten you..

Once you get your fill(s) to the proper level then start your count down to a new life.

Tom

P.S. Remember to make your hubby squirm in a year or so when you get all this new guy attention...and you will get it..wanted or not. people pay more attention to you when your'e thinner (healthier)..

Good luck and dittos on relaxing

Tom

Thanks Tom. You are right, the weight I lost pre and post op was the "old way." So why should I be surprised that it's coming back? It always did before! Lol. Until now I hadn't thought about it that way. I was lumping that weight in with my "lap-band experience" when I really shouldn't have.

As for hubby, trust me, I'm going to make him squirm all right! I'm pretty cute when I'm thin...lol. :P I think he's torn between wanting me to be thin and healthy and the fear that I am going to leave him when I start getting attention. I guess I would be too if I were in his position. Unhealthy over-eating is one of the biggest things we have in common! Lol.

Okay, my fill is a week from tomorrow.. I'm going to try and relax until then!

Thanks again,

Lauren

My fill is on Oct 6th and I am in bandster hell right now. I can eat (and do eat) anything. I am really discouraged. My old habits are all back, same old cravings and head hunger. I'm hoping this fill will turn things around for me, I've gained 2 pounds back since going on solids. I also thought it would be easier to not have drinks with my meals, but it's difficult for me. I hate feeling like I am choking down pasty food. So I've been pretty much living the same way I did before surgery and that makes me sad. Hopefully things will turn around for me, or else I just wasted a whole lot of money! I'm in need of some serious encouragement. My husband isn't much help, all he can say when I try to talk to him about it is how much money he spent on my surgery. I'm really sad when I think about my band, so I try not to. :( At first I was so excited and dreamt of all the things I would do when I was thinner, now I try not to think about that.

Thanks,

Lauren

Thanks for posting this. We all need to hear bandsters experiences and trials! I'm in the same boat and can't wait for my 1st fill in about a week or so!! Good luck.

Hi Guys -- I am at 4 weeks (and some) and don't get my feel for another 2 1/2 weeks. I've been avoiding the lap band forum because I feel so guilty and out of control.

Every since week 3 (ok a day or so before) I realized that I could eat ANYTHING -- and I mean....ANYTHING. I have tried fast eating, slow eating, mushy bread eating, dry eating...everything. It all not only goes down, but it feels as though it goes down better than pre-surgery :huh: I know that's all in my head, but still. The only thing I can be "proud" of is that I have not had any soda pop. Coming from a serial drinker of diet 7/diet coke, that's pretty good. Perhaps realistically, that's the best I should have hoped for.

Like you, Lauren, I am sooooooo depressed -- being the analytical/anal sort, I had made myself 3 weight-loss schedules -- fast, medium and slow for the coming six months. None of them involved gaining all my weight back!! :angry: But then again, none of them involved eating everything in sight either... :lol:

I guess the good news for us is that there is small group of people who are majorly restricted even when they are completely unfilled -- so they really have no way "out" of restriction and must always grapple with the multiple chews, seriously limit foods forever, etc. At least for us, when we're unfilled, we're unfilled, you know what I mean? I think that's a good sign in the long run. It also means that we heal well, which is great.

But in the short run.....ugh. So much for Christmas in the 160s! Even though I've gained weight back, I will not change my stats. They'll just stay as is!!

Good luck with your fills! I'm going to come on more often since I don't feel as foolish and crazy hearing you guys!! ><'

Hi Guys -- I am at 4 weeks (and some) and don't get my feel for another 2 1/2 weeks. I've been avoiding the lap band forum because I feel so guilty and out of control.

Every since week 3 (ok a day or so before) I realized that I could eat ANYTHING -- and I mean....ANYTHING. I have tried fast eating, slow eating, mushy bread eating, dry eating...everything. It all not only goes down, but it feels as though it goes down better than pre-surgery :huh: I know that's all in my head, but still. The only thing I can be "proud" of is that I have not had any soda pop. Coming from a serial drinker of diet 7/diet coke, that's pretty good. Perhaps realistically, that's the best I should have hoped for.

Like you, Lauren, I am sooooooo depressed -- being the analytical/anal sort, I had made myself 3 weight-loss schedules -- fast, medium and slow for the coming six months. None of them involved gaining all my weight back!! :angry: But then again, none of them involved eating everything in sight either... :lol:

I guess the good news for us is that there is small group of people who are majorly restricted even when they are completely unfilled -- so they really have no way "out" of restriction and must always grapple with the multiple chews, seriously limit foods forever, etc. At least for us, when we're unfilled, we're unfilled, you know what I mean? I think that's a good sign in the long run. It also means that we heal well, which is great.

But in the short run.....ugh. So much for Christmas in the 160s! Even though I've gained weight back, I will not change my stats. They'll just stay as is!!

Good luck with your fills! I'm going to come on more often since I don't feel as foolish and crazy hearing you guys!! ><'

Mikey, you put it correctly, we are all in the same boat. Unfortunately it seems like that boat is sinking! Lol. Just kidding! ><'

I know we are all going to do great once we get our fills. Mine is this Saturday, so my spirits are a little higher now. It really helps to be able to come on here and talk about how I am feeling and hear that others feel (or have felt) the same way. The only thing worse than feeling totally depressed is feeling totally depressed AND alone!

It's so good to hear from you, Danielle. I was wondering how you were doing, now I know, just like me! Lol. I think I'm as excited about my fill as I was about my surgery! The surgery excitement was probably jumping the gun a little for me. I really had my hopes up so high that the weight would start fallling off immediatly. Anyway, now I've had a giant shot of "DUH!" and I'm back to my senses, ready to really get going with a new way of life!

Have a great day!

~Lauren

ps. If you can't tell, I'm on my second cup of coffee. So I'm a bit liberal with the exclamation points, sorry for that! Lol.

Mikey, you put it correctly, we are all in the same boat. Unfortunately it seems like that boat is sinking! Lol. Just kidding! ><'

I know we are all going to do great once we get our fills. Mine is this Saturday, so my spirits are a little higher now. It really helps to be able to come on here and talk about how I am feeling and hear that others feel (or have felt) the same way. The only thing worse than feeling totally depressed is feeling totally depressed AND alone!

It's so good to hear from you, Danielle. I was wondering how you were doing, now I know, just like me! Lol. I think I'm as excited about my fill as I was about my surgery! The surgery excitement was probably jumping the gun a little for me. I really had my hopes up so high that the weight would start fallling off immediatly. Anyway, now I've had a giant shot of "DUH!" and I'm back to my senses, ready to really get going with a new way of life!

Have a great day!

~Lauren

ps. If you can't tell, I'm on my second cup of coffee. So I'm a bit liberal with the exclamation points, sorry for that! Lol.

Hi Everyone,

Well i can so relate to all of you. I'm only on day 15 and i'm SO hungry! I've noticed my appetite has come back and i mean i can eat an entire plate of food! I'm constatly hungry.I'm trying so hard to watch what i eat but gosh when the hunger pains come on strong it's difficult. And what is horrible is the cravings i'm having for sweets.My daughter had a blizzard for DQ and i swear i could have tackled her for it that's how bad i wanted that ice cream. I joined my local gym today and i'm going to start working out tomorrow.I hope that helps with keeping my mind busy and hopefully to lose some weight.I've lost just ten pounds and i was praying that i'd lose more by now but i'm stuck. Well thank you for letting me vent.It helps.Take care,

Valerie

Valerie,

You might try some of the sugar free Dove chocolates to satisfy those sweet cravings. They aren't really low calorie, but sometimes a girl has to have something sweet, and they taste really good and since they are sugar free they don't make you want a million of them. Just don't eat too many, or they give you gas like you wouldn't believe. I also got some low sugar protein shake mix that tastes ALMOST like a milkshake when I blend it with a little Splenda and some fruit. At least it fills me up enough that I don't pig out totally if I drink that first, and even with the fruit it's only about 200 calories.

My husband and I are lucky in that our kids are gone and we aren't cooking for anyone else, so I can't lie to myself in the grocery store and say I'm feeding my family when I buy cookies! I can say no to myself when shopping, but once the bad stuff walks in the door I am doomed.

Thanks,

Lauren

Hi Lauren...I also had my surgery done on Sept 20th, 07...and I will be back in the clinic on Saturday 10-06 for my first fill. I think I rode the van back to the airport with you and your husband and one other guy. At least I think this might be you. Anyway, I completely understand what you are going through as I am experiencing the same thing. I just signed up on this forum and reading all the reply's you received was somewhat comforting to hear as other people have experienced the same thing. So it sounds like a normal step in our journey. I can't wait for the fill. My appointment time is 12:30...I hope to see you there. Sue

Valerie,

You might try some of the sugar free Dove chocolates to satisfy those sweet cravings. They aren't really low calorie, but sometimes a girl has to have something sweet, and they taste really good and since they are sugar free they don't make you want a million of them. Just don't eat too many, or they give you gas like you wouldn't believe. I also got some low sugar protein shake mix that tastes ALMOST like a milkshake when I blend it with a little Splenda and some fruit. At least it fills me up enough that I don't pig out totally if I drink that first, and even with the fruit it's only about 200 calories.

My husband and I are lucky in that our kids are gone and we aren't cooking for anyone else, so I can't lie to myself in the grocery store and say I'm feeding my family when I buy cookies! I can say no to myself when shopping, but once the bad stuff walks in the door I am doomed.

Hi, I will take your advice and get some sugar free candy tomorrow:-) I did try some smoothies and that helped. I made one this morning and it was so yummy and very filling.I'm new to all of this so i'm worried here, i have a couple of concerns. First question, i've lost ten pounds since surgery and i'm so disgusted with myself because i see that many people have lost more then me. I'm 34 and i started out weighing 243-244 and i'm at 233-234 i go up and down a pound it seems. What is wrong? My band is the 9.75 and my doctor didn't fill me during surgery,i was shocked about that, i didn't find that out until two days after my surgery in the hotel. I had thought i'd have my band filled. I'm not feeling the restriction and i can eat and eat and eat! I thought the whole point of the band was to only be able to eat 3-4 ounces of food? Is it because i'm healing and in need of a fill.I'm on day 16 and i was told i couldn't have a fill until the end of the month.I'm so scared of gaining the ten pounds back. I'm so disappointed:-( I prayed for SO long to be thin and i dreamed of the day my surgery finally came and now that i've past that hurdle i just want to be healthy and thin.I guess i just have to be patient.I'm sorry but i can't handle the hunger pains.I noticed it get's so bad at nite, like now! That's why i post at nite to get my mind off of FOOD! UGH!!!!!!Is anyone else feeling this way? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Having an eight year old daughter who loves sweets doesn't help much either-

Hi, I will take your advice and get some sugar free candy tomorrow:-) I did try some smoothies and that helped. I made one this morning and it was so yummy and very filling.I'm new to all of this so i'm worried here, i have a couple of concerns. First question, i've lost ten pounds since surgery and i'm so disgusted with myself because i see that many people have lost more then me. I'm 34 and i started out weighing 243-244 and i'm at 233-234 i go up and down a pound it seems. What is wrong? My band is the 9.75 and my doctor didn't fill me during surgery,i was shocked about that, i didn't find that out until two days after my surgery in the hotel. I had thought i'd have my band filled. I'm not feeling the restriction and i can eat and eat and eat! I thought the whole point of the band was to only be able to eat 3-4 ounces of food? Is it because i'm healing and in need of a fill.I'm on day 16 and i was told i couldn't have a fill until the end of the month.I'm so scared of gaining the ten pounds back. I'm so disappointed:-( I prayed for SO long to be thin and i dreamed of the day my surgery finally came and now that i've past that hurdle i just want to be healthy and thin.I guess i just have to be patient.I'm sorry but i can't handle the hunger pains.I noticed it get's so bad at nite, like now! That's why i post at nite to get my mind off of FOOD! UGH!!!!!!Is anyone else feeling this way? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Having an eight year old daughter who loves sweets doesn't help much either-

As I said in my earlier post to Lauren, you are REALLY jumping the gun here. The point of this period between having the surgery and getting your first fill is to HEAL, not loose weight. That part will come later. This is not a crash diet and the fat is not just going to fly off. Losing 10 pounds before your first fill is not the normal experience, most people gain. I've only heard of a few people having their band filled during surgery and even then it is a very tiny amount, not designed to give restriction at all. Your band is not doing anything since it is not filled and this is by design. Once you get your first or second fill you will start to experience restriction and then your weight loss will begin.

Secondly, this is not a contest. You are working against you and no one else. If you start comparing yourself to other people you will go nuts and get disappointed very quickly. I can already see you going down this road by being upset you've only lost 10 pounds in a little over two weeks. That is absolutely amazing and you are putting yourself down for it. Everyone's weight fluctuates a pound or three (or more) due to water intake and with your cycle. This is not a straight road so keep your eye on the trend rather than each individual point.

You are doing wonderful and I am so proud of you. I just wish you could be happy for yourself and not feel like you're failing somehow when you really aren't.

Hi Lauren...I also had my surgery done on Sept 20th, 07...and I will be back in the clinic on Saturday 10-06 for my first fill. I think I rode the van back to the airport with you and your husband and one other guy. At least I think this might be you. Anyway, I completely understand what you are going through as I am experiencing the same thing. I just signed up on this forum and reading all the reply's you received was somewhat comforting to hear as other people have experienced the same thing. So it sounds like a normal step in our journey. I can't wait for the fill. My appointment time is 12:30...I hope to see you there. Sue

Hi, Sue! I didn't ride to the airport with you, but I do remember you from surgery day. I am having my fill done here in Atlanta where I live. Depending on how that goes, I'll probably have all of them done here. I am SO looking forward to it! Lol. I'm ready to get this ball rolling! Good luck on your trip to TJ this weekend!

Take care,

~Lauren

Hi, Sue! I didn't ride to the airport with you, but I do remember you from surgery day. I am having my fill done here in Atlanta where I live. Depending on how that goes, I'll probably have all of them done here. I am SO looking forward to it! Lol. I'm ready to get this ball rolling! Good luck on your trip to TJ this weekend!

Take care,

~Lauren

Hi Lauren...Does the doctor you are seeing for your first fill have the xray machine (fluoroscopy) ? The one bariatric doctor in my city that is on the fill doctor list does not have fluoroscopy so that is why I am going back to TJ...I want to make sure that it is done right...also the doctor just joined the group and he does not have any statistics of his success's with fills.

I tell you Lauren....I don't remember hardly anything about being in the clinic for the surgery...I remember the nurse putting on my stockings, asking me to put a pill under my tongue and I think I walked into the surgery room...I do not remember meeting Dr. Ortiz at all, although I did ask the lady that I rode the van back to the airport with if they met him which they did. I do remember walking the hall way with our IV's, but hardly remember leaving the clinic the next day. I hope you don't remember me because of something I did...yikes...lol !!

I can't wait to touch bases with you after we both get our first fill....Yippeeeeee!!!!

Take Care...

Sue

As I said in my earlier post to Lauren, you are REALLY jumping the gun here. The point of this period between having the surgery and getting your first fill is to HEAL, not loose weight. That part will come later. This is not a crash diet and the fat is not just going to fly off. Losing 10 pounds before your first fill is not the normal experience, most people gain. I've only heard of a few people having their band filled during surgery and even then it is a very tiny amount, not designed to give restriction at all. Your band is not doing anything since it is not filled and this is by design. Once you get your first or second fill you will start to experience restriction and then your weight loss will begin.

Secondly, this is not a contest. You are working against you and no one else. If you start comparing yourself to other people you will go nuts and get disappointed very quickly. I can already see you going down this road by being upset you've only lost 10 pounds in a little over two weeks. That is absolutely amazing and you are putting yourself down for it. Everyone's weight fluctuates a pound or three (or more) due to water intake and with your cycle. This is not a straight road so keep your eye on the trend rather than each individual point.

You are doing wonderful and I am so proud of you. I just wish you could be happy for yourself and not feel like you're failing somehow when you really aren't.

Hello There,

Thank you for the reply:-) And your support helps greatly. I feel so much better now. I guess i do expect a lot out of myself and i do tend to get upset. After reading what you wrote i felt ten times better.

I started to think that it was my band, or that i ate foods that i shouldn't have,or that my band slipped.All these silly things. Now i can just take a deep breath in and feel relaxed. I can't thank you enough. It really is nice to come here and have the advice and support:-) I noticed your weight loss and i must say congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm awaiting my first fill, it's for the end of this month. It's not too painful is it? And i do have another question.Should i get the flureo as well?

With Warm Regards,

Valerie

Have a great day everyone:-)

Hi Lauren...Does the doctor you are seeing for your first fill have the xray machine (fluoroscopy) ? The one bariatric doctor in my city that is on the fill doctor list does not have fluoroscopy so that is why I am going back to TJ...I want to make sure that it is done right...also the doctor just joined the group and he does not have any statistics of his success's with fills.

I tell you Lauren....I don't remember hardly anything about being in the clinic for the surgery...I remember the nurse putting on my stockings, asking me to put a pill under my tongue and I think I walked into the surgery room...I do not remember meeting Dr. Ortiz at all, although I did ask the lady that I rode the van back to the airport with if they met him which they did. I do remember walking the hall way with our IV's, but hardly remember leaving the clinic the next day. I hope you don't remember me because of something I did...yikes...lol !!

I can't wait to touch bases with you after we both get our first fill....Yippeeeeee!!!!

Take Care...

Sue

Sue,

The doctor here does have fluoro, otherwise I wouldn't go there. I definitely don't want someone blindly filling me! That seems scary, lol.

I can't believe you hardly remember anything about the surgery! I remember too much! I actually woke up in the operating room right after surgery with the breathing tube still down my throat. That was kind of alarming. Lol. I had to wait a long time before surgery (I think I was last that day) so I saw Dr. Ortiz several times as I hung out in my room. I don't know what they gave me before surgery, but I was in the BEST mellow mood as I sat and waited, lol.

Don't worry, you didn't do anything bad! Lol. I just remember you from the waiting room while getting checked in and from walking laps after surgery.

Good luck with your fill this weekend! I know I am SO ready for mine! I ate an ENTIRE taco salad last night from On The Border (it's huge!) with no problem at all. I need some restriction!!! :((

Talk to you soon,

~Lauren

Lauren,

I had my surgery on June 6,2007 in TJ and I too do not remember much after they put my hose on and gave me the pill. All I remember is waking up and walking around to relieve the gas. I don'r remember leaving the clinic and going back to the hotel. I slept for the next day and then came back to Atlanta. I had my first fill at the end of July in Atlanta. So far, I have lost 45 pounds and have good restriction. I haven't tried to eat salad or anything reeally solid. bread and meat make me sick! So I eat yogurt and soup alot.

Sue,

The doctor here does have fluoro, otherwise I wouldn't go there. I definitely don't want someone blindly filling me! That seems scary, lol.

I can't believe you hardly remember anything about the surgery! I remember too much! I actually woke up in the operating room right after surgery with the breathing tube still down my throat. That was kind of alarming. Lol. I had to wait a long time before surgery (I think I was last that day) so I saw Dr. Ortiz several times as I hung out in my room. I don't know what they gave me before surgery, but I was in the BEST mellow mood as I sat and waited, lol.

Don't worry, you didn't do anything bad! Lol. I just remember you from the waiting room while getting checked in and from walking laps after surgery.

Good luck with your fill this weekend! I know I am SO ready for mine! I ate an ENTIRE taco salad last night from On The Border (it's huge!) with no problem at all. I need some restriction!!! :((

Talk to you soon,

~Lauren

Lauren,

I had my surgery on June 6,2007 in TJ and I too do not remember much after they put my hose on and gave me the pill. All I remember is waking up and walking around to relieve the gas. I don'r remember leaving the clinic and going back to the hotel. I slept for the next day and then came back to Atlanta. I had my first fill at the end of July in Atlanta. So far, I have lost 45 pounds and have good restriction. I haven't tried to eat salad or anything reeally solid. bread and meat make me sick! So I eat yogurt and soup alot.

Cool, another Georgia girl!

Wow, you have lost 45 pounds already? That's awesome! I hope they really give me a good fill when I go there too. I'd love to get full from thick liquids. I'd lose weight fast! I'm so excited about it. It seems like it's taken FOREVER to get to this point! Lol. I'm so impatient....

~Lauren

I'm impatient too!!!! I just wish that the weight would just drop off. But I know I didn't gain the weight overnight and so I won't lose it overnight. Sometimes, I get hungry at night, but I just eat a sugar-free fudgesicle and get full and it satisfies my craving for something sweet. MAybe we can keep in touch and give each other updates on our progress and offer encouragement to each other.

Rhonda

quote name='LaurenLeigh' date='Oct 4 2007, 09:33 PM' post='16381']

Cool, another Georgia girl!

Wow, you have lost 45 pounds already? That's awesome! I hope they really give me a good fill when I go there too. I'd love to get full from thick liquids. I'd lose weight fast! I'm so excited about it. It seems like it's taken FOREVER to get to this point! Lol. I'm so impatient....

~Lauren

Clynn,

I was banded a week after you and have only lost 20 pounds and about 4 sizes. I am so frustrasted. Any tips on how you've done so well?

Please help...

Nicole

I don't know how satisfying you'll find my answer but here goes. . . .

I think the first and foremost key to my success is that I'm 26. My body is still malleable and open to changes. The surgery and the changes it brought seemed only a bump in the road and my metabolism is still working with me instead of against me.

Secondly, I live alone. Right before surgery I told my significant other to hit the road (shortly after surgery, I told him again, but that's another story :) ). Looking back I simply cannot imagine losing so much with him still around. He also had a weight problem and would bring tons of junk food home from the grocery store. Now I and I alone control the foods coming into my home. With only very few exceptions it is all quite healthy. I can resist the temptation for junk food while I am at the store, but not while the yummy sugary calories are sitting on my counter. Under the same topic, there is also the fact that I was growing and changing into a better person, while he was staying in the same place. I think seeing this transformation in me caused insecurity, as during my pre-op diet he would offer me chips, cookies, and ice cream. I'm sure he never thought in his head that he was sabotaging me but that was what was happening.

Thirdly, I get a B-12 shot every month. How is this important you may ask? It means once a month I go into my doctor who knows I had the surgery and asks me how I'm doing, and wants to know all about any problems and progress I've had. Talking to him every month helps keep me honest and working towards my goal. Beyond my doctor, everyone in my life knows I got banded - family, friends, co-workers, everyone. They were all curious about the procedure and want to talk about it, even a year later. They are genuinely interested in how I'm doing and it often feels like they are cheering me on.

Fourthly, when I got the surgery I was classified as extremely obese. People with a higher BMI tend to lose faster and I was not an exception. Now that I've come down to the 210-220 range the weight loss has really tapered off. My days of loosing five pounds a week are over but I'm not upset about that. I knew when I started it would be a long journey and would take work and patience on my part.

Finally, I've never thought of myself as on a diet. That means if I have a cookie once and awhile I don't feel like I've ruined anything. I'm living a healthier lifestyle all the time that starts anew every morning rather than a diet in which feel like I've deprived myself.

That's all I can think of right now. I didn't include the obvious eat right, exercise, get fills when necessary tips because we've all heard that before. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Okay, I had my first fill on Saturday and I dont feel any different. He put in 1.7 cc. I saw it on the flourascope but I do not feel any different. I am very worried that this isn't going to work for me. I am going to give it two weeks and then maybe go back if things havent changed. Why would a fill not change anything?