Diet Post-Op

HI,

Question 1

I'm into my 6th day after the surgery. There have been a couple of times that I had a creamy soup (the rec. portion). Is that OK? I did my surgery in the US. However, that is the only way that I felt that I ate something.

Question 2

Another question: I drank apricot juice ..and I did not feel full. However, an hour later I felt as if I had a BRICK in my stomach. Is that normal?

Question 3

I am into my 6th day. However, I feel my stomach SUPER bloated. I think it is swollen from the air the surgeon puts in to perform the surgery. Is this normal? If it is, how long will this last?

MANY THANKS!!!!!!

LIM

HI,

Question 1

I'm into my 6th day after the surgery. There have been a couple of times that I had a creamy soup (the rec. portion). Is that OK? I did my surgery in the US. However, that is the only way that I felt that I ate something.

Question 2

Another question: I drank apricot juice ..and I did not feel full. However, an hour later I felt as if I had a BRICK in my stomach. Is that normal?

Question 3

I am into my 6th day. However, I feel my stomach SUPER bloated. I think it is swollen from the air the surgeon puts in to perform the surgery. Is this normal? If it is, how long will this last?

MANY THANKS!!!!!!

LIM

Answer 1

Each doctor seems to have their own preferences for post op, and you should default to what they tell you. My doctor said clear liquids for the first week, with the exception of thinner drinkable yogurt which could be started at day 4. After the first week I could eat anything that would go through a straw.

Answer 2

This could be gas, was it painful at all or did you just feel full?

Answer 3

This is very normal and will go away with time. Usually 1-2 weeks.

HI,

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

MANY THANKS!!!!!!

LIM

HI,

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

MANY THANKS!!!!!!

LIM

I think everyone is different in what they can tolerate in their diet. The only really good piece of advise I can pass along pertains to the excess gas in your stomach. I swear by Gas X strips. They were lifesavers after my surgery! tmckee