6 non-alcoholic beers in 1 sitting?

Hi,

I just had a friend into his 2nd month drinking 6 non-alcoholic beers in a sitting. Is this OK?

I told him not to do it. Please let me know.

Thanks. :unsure:

No, it is not OK. Six NA beers in one sitting is wrong. Its like driving miles to get a coffee fix with decaf. He should be drinking real beers, like Sam Adams. Or 6 hard liquor drinks at a sitting would seem appropriate.

LOL-- just kidding (even though I don't 'get' the NA beer thing)

Carbonated beverages should be avoided for at least 6 months after band placement to cut slippage risk. I know many bandsters do ignore that rule though.

i did not drink beer for the first 3 or 4 months but i did drink hard alcohol about 2 wks after the surgery. i now drink beer all the time but i am almost one year post op. i have to sip it and drink it very slow - definitely no beer drinking contests or races!! i am not the perfect poster child for the band and each person is different.

personally i used to love diet coke and drank it constantly - now i crave water all the time and then drink beer when i am out with friends.

kym

i did not drink beer for the first 3 or 4 months but i did drink hard alcohol about 2 wks after the surgery. i now drink beer all the time but i am almost one year post op. i have to sip it and drink it very slow - definitely no beer drinking contests or races!! i am not the perfect poster child for the band and each person is different.

personally i used to love diet coke and drank it constantly - now i crave water all the time and then drink beer when i am out with friends.

kym

Hi Kym,

I have a question,i have a wedding to go to in November and i'm just a social drinker really and when i do have a cocktail it's only two to three drinks at the most. I am worried about what i can have.Any suggestions? I dislike beer so i was wondering if malibu and orange juice was okay?

Take Care,

Valerie:-)

Hi Kym,

I have a question,i have a wedding to go to in November and i'm just a social drinker really and when i do have a cocktail it's only two to three drinks at the most. I am worried about what i can have.Any suggestions? I dislike beer so i was wondering if malibu and orange juice was okay?

Take Care,

Valerie:-)

valerie,

the thing you have to worry about the most is the empty calories. if you only drink a couple you should be ok, just drink very slowly and make them last. if i drink hard alcohol, i get diet coke and captain morgan or some other rum, but some people dont do well with the carbonation. i let the drink sit there for at least 10 minutes to get some of the fizz out and then i just sip it real slow and by the time its half way gone it is watered down quite abit and no fizz is left. hope that helps and have fun at the wedding.

kym

valerie,

the thing you have to worry about the most is the empty calories. if you only drink a couple you should be ok, just drink very slowly and make them last. if i drink hard alcohol, i get diet coke and captain morgan or some other rum, but some people dont do well with the carbonation. i let the drink sit there for at least 10 minutes to get some of the fizz out and then i just sip it real slow and by the time its half way gone it is watered down quite abit and no fizz is left. hope that helps and have fun at the wedding.

kym

Hi Kym,

Thanks for the suggestions.I will try rum and diet coke and see what happens.I haven't tried drinking any soda since my surgeryI've been so afraid.I was wondering, would wine be okay to have?

I know i need to avoid anything with a ton of sugar and calories.

Have a nice day:-)

Valerie

i know lots of bandsters that drink a glass of wine before dinner so one or two glasses should be fine. if you go with the rum and diet coke make sure it sits there awhile - i would hate for you to have a bad experience at a wedding - in fact you might want to try a drink of wine or rum/diet coke a couple days before the event to see which one your body handles better.

Hi Kym,

Thanks for the suggestions.I will try rum and diet coke and see what happens.I haven't tried drinking any soda since my surgeryI've been so afraid.I was wondering, would wine be okay to have?

I know i need to avoid anything with a ton of sugar and calories.

Have a nice day:-)

Valerie

I drink wine all the time (not literally! lol) and have no problems. Red wine has fewer calories than white wine and some of the fruity flavored wines have carbonation in them too. I've also had Bloody Marys (vodka and tomato juice, basically) several times, those are yummy. That way I was having my veggies too! ;) My surgery was just at the end of August, so I'm still too afraid to try beer or anything with carbonation.

Have fun!

~Lauren

I drink wine all the time (not literally! lol) and have no problems. Red wine has fewer calories than white wine and some of the fruity flavored wines have carbonation in them too. I've also had Bloody Marys (vodka and tomato juice, basically) several times, those are yummy. That way I was having my veggies too! ;) My surgery was just at the end of August, so I'm still too afraid to try beer or anything with carbonation.

Have fun!

~Lauren

that is so funny you said that about the bloody marys! i have a couple bloody marys every sunday while watching football with friends and they always tease me about my comments of having to make sure i get all my veggies in. of course the real reason is they soothe my stomach after going to happy hour on thursday with the girls, happy hour with everyone on friday and then usually there is a party on saturday night some where and saturday is the night i let loose so by sunday i am sick of all alcohol and bloody marys seem healthier in my delusional mind. (yes i know i am not the perfect poster child bandster out there but i am loving my life right now and happier and healthier than i have ever been)

kym

• 4 months later...
that is so funny you said that about the bloody marys! i have a couple bloody marys every sunday while watching football with friends and they always tease me about my comments of having to make sure i get all my veggies in. of course the real reason is they soothe my stomach after going to happy hour on thursday with the girls, happy hour with everyone on friday and then usually there is a party on saturday night some where and saturday is the night i let loose so by sunday i am sick of all alcohol and bloody marys seem healthier in my delusional mind. (yes i know i am not the perfect poster child bandster out there but i am loving my life right now and happier and healthier than i have ever been)

kym

Hi Kym,

I am a very social girl and I am getting banded next week! Like you I enjoy drinking beer and going to happy hour :) What drinks do you suggest after being banded? What can you order with out carbonation? How soon can you have a drink after sugery?

Thanks!!