Drinking while eating

Does anyone know the real reason why we shouldnt drink liquids while we eat?

I think the reason is because it holds more food in the upper pouch, which i guess can cause it to strech or slip....but a U.S. doctor that did my 1st fill said that "if you drink the food passes thru, making you hungry faster". Wouldnt that help me loose more weight because it passes thru quicker therefore not absorbing as much FAT. I dont know about you guys, but I HAVE to eat and drink at the same time. Ive gotten down to one glass of tea with my meals instead of three. Im hoping some one has an answer to this question.......thanks TAJ

Your doctor is correct. The idea with keeping food in the pouch is that you feel full earlier and longer. By drinking during or shortly after eating you are just going to cause yourself to eat more, thus absorbing more fat and calories from the extra food you wouldn't be eating otherwise.

Dear TAJ

This is my biggest problem......I had surgery on Dec 7th and am doing okay, but I am having a real problem waiting for my water until after dinner. Dr. miranda told me I can have some ice chips during dinner and I do that when I am desperate. I also put a timer on for 30 minutes and sit and watch the clock until I can have something to drink! I feel like a little kid! Other than that things are going really well and I made it through the holidays, but am fighting hunger a lot because I need my fill. Hang in there.

Donna

I too have a problem with not drinking during my meal. I do it but I really have to watch it or I'll be in the bathroom really quick. I have realized that my food can't be steaming hot or I'll drink more than needed.

But to date since my surgery on June 5, 2007, I have lost 56 pounds!!!! Only 44 to go!!

Rhonda Gabriel

Dear TAJ

This is my biggest problem......I had surgery on Dec 7th and am doing okay, but I am having a real problem waiting for my water until after dinner. Dr. miranda told me I can have some ice chips during dinner and I do that when I am desperate. I also put a timer on for 30 minutes and sit and watch the clock until I can have something to drink! I feel like a little kid! Other than that things are going really well and I made it through the holidays, but am fighting hunger a lot because I need my fill. Hang in there.

Donna