Surgery in Febuary

Febuary 8th to be exact and I am super nervous and scared... :blink: mainly of pain.I had a tubal ligation 8 years ago and after that I woke up in such pain.. it was awful. But I am excited about losing the weight too so I will deal with it. =D>

Is anyone else haveing surgery that week??

Stacy

Febuary 8th to be exact and I am super nervous and scared... :blink: mainly of pain.I had a tubal ligation 8 years ago and after that I woke up in such pain.. it was awful. But I am excited about losing the weight too so I will deal with it. =D>

Stacy

Dear Stacy,

I had my band on Dec 7th and I am a huge BABY! I did great with very little minor discomfort (no actual pain) following the surgery. I remember waking up and saying something like....hurts...and they gave me something right away and then no more pain. after that. Are you going to Dr. Ortiz? I took some of the Tylenol Meltaways with me for afterwards but didn't really need them. The Gas X strips helped a lot with the pressure from the gas. I did a lot of walking afterwards and suprised myself with how well I felt. We even went shopping in TJ for a few hours after they discharged me from the clinic. I didn't think that I would be up for it, but all was fine. I wasn't even tired except for maybe a little bit after all the shopping! I go for my fill next week and am a bit nervous about the "needle". I only had a meltdown when they put my IV in before surgery and that was the worst part of the entire procedure! The anesthesiologist (Dr. Estrada) saw me crying and came in and held my hand while they worked on getting the IV in. He was so sweet and comforting, very understanding and stayed with me the entire time and checked on me on and off throughout the day. I don't think I would have gotten the understanding and comfort here in the states...they would have just gotten impatient and angry with me for being a big baby! I was so impressed by my care that I am returning for the fills to OCC even though I have a place to do it here locally. If I would have known how easy this would have been I would have done it a long time ago, but I let the fear keep me from getting it done.

Hang in there!

Donna

Hi Donna,

I am having my surgery with Dr.Ortiz and I did put it off a lil while being scared of the pain but it is a done deal now and I cant back out.I am not nervous about going to Mexico cause I have done plenty 0f research...just a big chicken cause of the pain.Its good to hear your story thanks for shareing... I forgot about I.V's...ackk that is in the hand I bet :huh::((

Yup I am just a big ol baby...and I am worried about complications a bit too... I really dont have and co-morbidies but I am one of those people that when it comes to myself I fear the worst.Hopefully in the next 3 weeks I can get over that..

Stacy

Hi Donna,

I am having my surgery with Dr.Ortiz and I did put it off a lil while being scared of the pain but it is a done deal now and I cant back out.I am not nervous about going to Mexico cause I have done plenty 0f research...just a big chicken cause of the pain.Its good to hear your story thanks for shareing... I forgot about I.V's...ackk that is in the hand I bet :huh::((

Yup I am just a big ol baby...and I am worried about complications a bit too... I really dont have and co-morbidies but I am one of those people that when it comes to myself I fear the worst.Hopefully in the next 3 weeks I can get over that..

Stacy

Stacy,

You are in good hands! They first tried to put the IV in my arm, but no luck and then they went to the back of the hand. It would have been easier, but the nerves and fear of needles makes me shake and panic. Once the IV was in the rest of it was a breeze. No complications either and I am diabetic (bad about checking that, because I don't like to stick myself) and hypertension. Hopefully soon I won't have either! :rolleyes: I pass out and get panic attacks every time I have to get blood drawn! I am also in the medical profession! I don't let anyone know what a big baby I am either. Last time I had to have surgery it took 2 Doctors and I made the nurse cry when they had to take the 3 sutures out! I also had a panic attack and had to breathe into a bag and my husband was so embarrassed as there was a 10 year old in the next room that didn't make a peep, oh and I was sedated prior to my visit!!!! If I could do this, you can too. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I probably wouldn't if they put stitches in though :unsure: LOL!

Hang in there, how are you doing on the pre-op diet?

Donna

Stacy

Their is very little pain. well for me it was. I went shopping the day after surgery on Revolution. Get up and walk after surgery that is the best for you. One thing is take a pillow for on the plane ride home. I put it across my belly to help with take off and landing. The surgery for me was easier than when I had my tonsills taken out. Also the Dr. will give you meds. Do not worry!!!! I have never thought that I should have never done this. It has been the best money I have ever spent.

Thanks for all the support... this all seems soo sureal to me cause I have been thinking about it for soooo long and now it is in the works and happening...eeeek.I talked with Dr Miranda last night and will be off today to get my stuff for the pre op diet... I hope I can do this I know its all in my head and I can do it I just have to get in the zone so to speak.

Stacy

Thanks for all the support... this all seems soo sureal to me cause I have been thinking about it for soooo long and now it is in the works and happening...eeeek.I talked with Dr Miranda last night and will be off today to get my stuff for the pre op diet... I hope I can do this I know its all in my head and I can do it I just have to get in the zone so to speak.

Stacy

Stacy,

You sound like I did about 2 months ago. Keep the excitement for your new life alive and work it for all it is worth. If you have any worries feel free to email me at Dontondan@MSN.com if you like. Always happy to have a new band buddy to share stories with.

Donna =D>