I sent Oprah a email, maybe you all should

Asking her to be fair and liston to all of our good experiences. And as others have said, Oprah herself has had this struggle.. I don't think anyone who meets Dr. Ortiz and all his wonderful staff could not help but find them, well wonderful. I keep wanting to take them homemade cookies are something...silly uh? Then I thought hand cream....or lotion. I remind myself there are cultural differences in what I would like as a lotion and in what would appeal to them.

I think we all have such a high regard and love for Oprah and everything she is about, that it would disapoint all of us if her "take" on lap bands was negitive.

marcy

THAT'S ONE OF MY CONCERNS TOO, THAT SHE LOOK AT THIS IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT. I REALLY WISH SOMEONE WOULD TELL US HOW THE WHOLE THING WENT!! I'M GOING TO BE BANDED ON MARCH 25th AND DID ALOT OF RESEARCH OVER THE PAST YEAR AND WOULD HATE FOR OPRAH TO POO-POO ALL OVER IT!! HOPEFULLY SHE WENT INTO IT WITH AN OPEN MIND AND ACCEPTS THE FACT THAT BECAUSE HER WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT WORKED FOR HER DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT'LL WORK FOR EVERYONE. :-?

and you should also remember that lapband does NOT work for everyone. There are just as many NEGATIVE stories out there as there are positive. If Oprah is doing a story about it, then she needs to be objective, but she also must look at all of the results, not just the good ones. Nita

Does anyone know when this episode of Oprah is airing? I'd like to see it.

Well I looked on her websight and it looks like they are doing a show on teenage obesity so it may be more about the kids than anything with the lap band as an option.

Stacy

Hi everyone,

I am Cassie's mom Jennifer. I want to give you a bit of an insite of what I was told that the show would be about. I was told that there will be other children on the show who have lost weight in thier own comfortable way. One child who is 17 years old just got Gastric Bypass a few weeks ago, another child lost it on his own , and I know there will be Cassie. They started our interview off with filming me taking Cassie to TJ. The main question is why? I explained everything to them. The Producer assured me that they will not be taking any sides that they are only sharing what is out there.

I hope this calms your fears. We do not know when the show will air. We fly in Wed. and shoot on Thursday with Oprah. Please keep us in your prayers and hope all goes well.

Thanks Jennifer

(Cassie's Mom)

PS> Oprahs BDay is tommorrow.

Well I looked on her websight and it looks like they are doing a show on teenage obesity so it may be more about the kids than anything with the lap band as an option.

Stacy

This is Jenn, Cassies mom. They said two to three weeks for airing. Not exact date. We still have to tape with Oprah on Thursday.