Concerned OCC Banster says we need to post on Oprah

Jenn, you did an amazing job on the show ! I read the boards last night a little bit , And we ALL Need to go on there. There were about 2 pages of messages on there last night and they were NOT Being Kind !!!!

Just an FYI you might want to look at them first before Cassie ! Im afraid they might hurt her feelings ! but she seems to have a thick skin ! She really held her own on the show !

But we all need to get on there and tell people how things really are. There were some very mean and very ignorant comments on the boards when i read them

HTH

Mindy

Jenn, you did an amazing job on the show ! I read the boards last night a little bit , And we ALL Need to go on there. There were about 2 pages of messages on there last night and they were NOT Being Kind !!!!

Just an FYI you might want to look at them first before Cassie ! Im afraid they might hurt her feelings ! but she seems to have a thick skin ! She really held her own on the show !

But we all need to get on there and tell people how things really are. There were some very mean and very ignorant comments on the boards when i read them

HTH

Mindy

I knew I'd probably get ticked off if I read it, so I'm staying away. You've always got people out there who are going to say nasty things no matter what. It's best just to ignore them. They aren't going to change their thinking. I'm not saying don't support Cassie, just try not to get too bent out of shape over these ignorant people.

Donna

I knew I'd probably get ticked off if I read it, so I'm staying away. You've always got people out there who are going to say nasty things no matter what. It's best just to ignore them. They aren't going to change their thinking. I'm not saying don't support Cassie, just try not to get too bent out of shape over these ignorant people.

Donna

I have to agree with Donna. I think Cassie did a great job helping to get the word out about this. As for vicious forum posts, it's pretty pointless to get into it with those who feel the need to be cruel to people they've never met and are in situations they'll never be in. We love you Jenn & Cassie no matter what horrible people say!

Thank you for the great information. I agree. I just wish I could of got more out there that this has been approved in Europe for quite some time. I wish I could of got across that FDA is just slower in the states and the study needs to be done and this will be the wave of the future.

Have A Great Day,

Jenn

As for vicious forum posts, it's pretty pointless to get into it with those who feel the need to be cruel to people they've never met and are in situations they'll never be in. We love you Jenn & Cassie no matter what horrible people say!

I completely agree. The kind of people you find on support group forums like this one and lapbandtalk.com will be very kind compared to most other public forums. Don't let forum trolls like that bother you. Most people that post on public forums like that are not even worth responding too and only post if they have something negative to say.

Unfortunately I did not get to watch the show, but I have seen pictures of Cassie and she looks amazing. I read the comments on the Oprah page, and I can't believe that people really think this is the "easy way out". PLEASE....I have to watch every piece of food that goes into my mouth, it takes me twice as long if not longer to eat than everyone else so that I make sure that I don't overeat, or not chew enough so that I PB. These are just uninformed people that have been skinny their whole lives, and have never had to WORK at losing weight. I have struggled with my band, but I am now learning to live with it, and am loving it. There is absolutely nothing easy about having the lapband, we still have to watch what we eat, and exercise. And then to say that they can't believe that people would go to MEXICO to have surgery. I will tell you that Dr. Ortiz's office was cleaner than any hospital or doctors office I have ever seen, and the care was WAY better than most rushed hospitals in the states. I would go back to Dr. Ortiz's office in a heartbeat, and if the need for my child to go would arise, then he would be the first I would go to. Congratulations Cassie on your wonderful weightloss and Jenn you made a wonderful decision on helping your child become the beautiful young woman she is.

Jenn and everyone else , When I said all of us should go voice our opinions that was just basically to counter act everyone on the boards who were posting ignorant posts with in accurate info . Honestly Its probably not the healthiest place for Jenn , Cassie or anyone else that was on that show to be. Like other said people on forums can be quite vicious.

I just wanted to warn Jenn that IF Cassie was going to go on there expecting warm fuzzy messages that that was not what was there and she might want to stay away .

We can defends our choices until we are blue in the face but ignorant people will never under stand.

I myself was banded in the US ( I am an idiot and did not know this was Dr Ortiz' forum for his patients LOL ) But Dr Ortiz I belive ( again remember the idiot statement LOL ) Trained my doc or some how my doc knows Dr Ortiz . I do not believe that just because I was banded in the US that EVERYONE should be banded ONLY In the US . I belive that there are very good docs in the US and Mexico and overseas. I also think that people who dismiss Mexico need to look REALLY hard at THEIR Docs resume because they were probably TRAINED by a Mexican doc, so they need to stop trashing people before they know what they are talking about or experienced it !

Anyway , I guess my whole point was go to Oprahs message boards at your own risk and if you do go and post stand up for us !

Love

Mindy