Not happy with myself

Hi,

I am having my second fill in 6 1/2 months this Sat. 2/9. I feel so disgusted that I let my weight stall for so long. I gained 7lbs and lost 5, then gained 2 more, etc. I made it through the holidays without gaining alot more, which I should be happy about, but nonetheless, I have made some bad food choices and have gotten back to some bad eating habits. I am confident that with this fill, I start over and have to make better food choices and possibly not be able to eat some of the foods I have eaten in the past months since my first fill. This has to work for me. I am determined!

I have been beating on myself the last few months for not doing things(fills and eating), right for my band and my weight. But, I am thankful that I have not gained alot more back than I could have.

Just needed some encouragement and hopefully no scolding(which I deserve because I know better than to eat around the band), to support me as I get a slow start back to the right ways of weight loss with the band.

Thanks all in advance. :)

Peace,

Judy

Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the wagon. You know you have a lot of support from all of us. We're each others cheerleaders. I had my last fill after Christmas and I'm doing okay. So far since my surgery in June 2007, I have lost 67 pounds, but I stll need to lose about 40 more. After the first couple of months, the weight loss slowed down and I got discouraged but every pound I lose now, I know will stay off. Bad food choices happen to all of us, you just get back on the right track and start again. Good luck and I know that you will do well. Think good thoughts ><'

Rhonda Gabriel

Banded June 6, 2007

Starting Weight:235-yuck my highest ever

February 2008: 168

Pounds gone forever: 67

Hi,

I am having my second fill in 6 1/2 months this Sat. 2/9. I feel so disgusted that I let my weight stall for so long. I gained 7lbs and lost 5, then gained 2 more, etc. I made it through the holidays without gaining alot more, which I should be happy about, but nonetheless, I have made some bad food choices and have gotten back to some bad eating habits. I am confident that with this fill, I start over and have to make better food choices and possibly not be able to eat some of the foods I have eaten in the past months since my first fill. This has to work for me. I am determined!

I have been beating on myself the last few months for not doing things(fills and eating), right for my band and my weight. But, I am thankful that I have not gained alot more back than I could have.

Just needed some encouragement and hopefully no scolding(which I deserve because I know better than to eat around the band), to support me as I get a slow start back to the right ways of weight loss with the band.

Thanks all in advance. :)

Peace,

Judy

Judy,

this is a process, not a magic wand. We all go through those times where we are eating around our band a bit. Don't beat yourself up... try to focus on making healthier choices, one meal at a time. Sometimes it helps to keep a food diary so you can see what you are eating.

We are all here to support you. You can always call Dr. Miranda at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 86 to get some guidance with your choices.

Don't give up, tomorrow is another chance to start again... we're here for you. You can do it :)

Hey Judy -- dont you think you've beaten yourself up enough ?? Would you treat your friends this way ? (NO). Take it one day at a time for right now - Lori is right - keep a food diary -- it helps!

I was banded last April - had a fill in May - and have good restriction - but I didnt do all the right

things -- I was lucky - in that when I finally got my head on straight again - I hadnt gained anything -

and was still 22 pounds down from surgery weight -- BUT. If I hadnt farted around (scuse me) - I'd be at goal by now -- I can see my first bandiversary for goodness sakes ! Anyway -- I'm "back on the wagon" and doing pretty well (I can see it in my body and my clothes - I don't weigh because the #'s make me crazy) ==

Anyway, I, too, am a self-basher and I'm here to tell you that if it worked, I'd have been thin a very very long time ago. It doesnt. It serves NO good purpose. Whenever I start in on myself I make myself stop. Really -- you must treat yourself as well as you treat your friends and loved ones. Its really important - and tough !! But you can do it -- you've done far harder things, my friend.

Every day is be good and kind to Judy day !!!!!!!

Take good care ---

Lisa