3/14/2008

Guest oh2bthin

Guest oh2bthin

well this it it, the begining of a new life. I am 40 years old and weight 282.5 pounds, I have scheduled surgery for March 14. I am not planning on telling any of my family except my children and husband as no one else would understand why I am going to MEXICO to have this done. My insurance refuses to pay but would continue paying for all my diabeties medication, go figure.

I am nervous about the surgery and hope this support group will give me the courage I need. I am from Tacoma Washington, is there anyone else out there that has had the band done or plans too?

HELLO OH2BTHIN!!!

YOU'RE NOT ALONE! I HAVE MY SURGERY SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 25th. I'M EXCITED AND CAN'T WAIT! I'M A LITTLE NERVOUS TOO, BUT NOT AFRAID. I DID ALOT OF RESEARCH ON LAP BANDING AND DR. ORTIZ KNOW'S HIS STUFF! I AM ALSO GOING "IN SECRET" BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ALL THE NEGATIVE CRAP FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT KNOW I'M GOING ARE MY HUBBY, OUR OLDEST DAUGHTER AND ONE FRIEND. I'M HOPING TO FIND OTHER PEOPLE WHO'LL BE BANDED ON MY DATE TO TALK TO WHILE I'M IN MEXICO. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND I TRUELY DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!! :D

OH YA..... I'M 43yrs. OLD, 5' 5.5" AND WEIGH 214lbs. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN OVER WEIGH AND YO-YO'D ALL MY LIFE. I'M FROM NORTH CENTRAL PA.

Hello,

I'm getting banded on March 4th. I'm 29 years old and weigh 340 pounds. I have always been overweight all my life. I can't even remember the last time I weighed 250 lbs. maybe 7th grade? I'm so nervous. I hope the surgery works for me. I live in southern California. -carrie

well this it it, the begining of a new life. I am 40 years old and weight 282.5 pounds, I have scheduled surgery for March 14. I am not planning on telling any of my family except my children and husband as no one else would understand why I am going to MEXICO to have this done. My insurance refuses to pay but would continue paying for all my diabeties medication, go figure.

I am nervous about the surgery and hope this support group will give me the courage I need. I am from Tacoma Washington, is there anyone else out there that has had the band done or plans too?

Hi, I am from Bremerton, I had my band done Dec 7th. I would be happy to talk with you about any questions you might have or if you want some support. You can email me directly at Dontondan@msn.com. My insurance didn't want to pay either, but I am still trying to get them to pay for it since I had diabetes, high blood pressure, depression and high cholestrol and GERD. My Reflux is gone now and I have already been able to ditch the meds for that and I will probably be off of the others soon! It is worth it! My health is returning, I have more energy and my outlook on life in general has improved vastly. There are more perks than just losing the weight!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Donna

Hi, I am from Bremerton, I had my band done Dec 7th. I would be happy to talk with you about any questions you might have or if you want some support. You can email me directly at Dontondan@msn.com. My insurance didn't want to pay either, but I am still trying to get them to pay for it since I had diabetes, high blood pressure, depression and high cholestrol and GERD. My Reflux is gone now and I have already been able to ditch the meds for that and I will probably be off of the others soon! It is worth it! My health is returning, I have more energy and my outlook on life in general has improved vastly. There are more perks than just losing the weight!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Donna

Donna,

I am going to be 40 y/o this year also. I've got a date on Valentines with Dr. Ortiz ! I believe we are making the right decison. Life is just too short to let it fly by.

Dr Ortiz gets lots of Washington patients. When I got banded there were two other patients from Washington there with me. There is a support group that meets in Pt Orchard monthly that has a few Dr Ortiz patients. It would be a great place for you to ask questions and get an idea of what you're in for. Next meeting is the 20th at 6. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you the address.

Dr Ortiz gets lots of Washington patients. When I got banded there were two other patients from Washington there with me. There is a support group that meets in Pt Orchard monthly that has a few Dr Ortiz patients. It would be a great place for you to ask questions and get an idea of what you're in for. Next meeting is the 20th at 6. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you the address.

Hi Clynn,

Really am interested in the Port Orchard group....need to know where they meet at, how long are the meetings, etc. Still learning loads about my band every day.

Thanks,

Donna

Ok, took me a bit to find it but here it is:

It takes place the third Wed of every month at 6 at a catering company called Le Garmache Catering. Meeting takes place in the back. The owners are sisters and have been banded. One of them has lost around 250 lbs, haven't personally met her sisters. Address is 1327 Bay St Port Orchard, WA 98366. This month the nurses from Fill Management NW will be there doing fills, so you can show up early and someone'll be there.

I'm from Eastern Washington and scheduled for February 20th. I'm 58 years old but decided that I am not too old to get my health under control. I was scheduled for gastric bypass last August but couldn't go through with it. It was the only obesity surgery my insurance company would pay for but I had major issues and the final straw was when I got the authorization from my insurance company it said "removal of stomach." I didn't think I could afford lap band surgery but decided I can't afford not to have it. I have been so busy getting ready for this that I haven't had time to be nervous yet. That will start the day before surgery when I get Mexico. My question for those that have been through it is what will I feel comfortable to travel in when I fly home on the 22nd? I don't expect it to be a good time but I would appreciate any input that would make the experience more comfortable.

Pat

Hi there. I'm from WA, too.

My surgery is on Feb 15th, I arrive on the 14, and leave on the 17th. I love the idea of keep in touch with other folks in WA State.

Good Luck to us all!

Much Peace,

Maggie

I'M HERE IN AUBURN / FEDERAL WAY AREA. THERE ARE MORE THEN A HANDFUL THAT HAVE GONE TO DR ORITZ FROM THIS AREA. WE HAVEN'T HAD A GET TOGETHER IN AWHILE NOW. MAYBE IT'S TIME AGAIN :)

Guest oh2bthin
I'm from Eastern Washington and scheduled for February 20th. I'm 58 years old but decided that I am not too old to get my health under control. I was scheduled for gastric bypass last August but couldn't go through with it. It was the only obesity surgery my insurance company would pay for but I had major issues and the final straw was when I got the authorization from my insurance company it said "removal of stomach." I didn't think I could afford lap band surgery but decided I can't afford not to have it. I have been so busy getting ready for this that I haven't had time to be nervous yet. That will start the day before surgery when I get Mexico. My question for those that have been through it is what will I feel comfortable to travel in when I fly home on the 22nd? I don't expect it to be a good time but I would appreciate any input that would make the experience more comfortable.

Pat

good for you, you are never to old to try and get healthy. I had said a few years ago that I would be healty by the time i turned 40, well i am now almost 41 and at my heavest. i know now i need help. i am wishing my surgery was this month but my work schedule will not allow me to have the time off until March. i am still hoping there is someone out there that is going to be banded on March 14th??