tightness in throat

i am two years out. the last couple of months, i have developed a 'problem.' usually my late afternoon/early evening, i have developed a tightness in my throat. very uncomfortable. not burning. just tight. uncomforable to swallow and i am constantly burping/hiccuping (not sure what you call it). i have tried eating less/eating more/drinking less/drinking more. i have even gone back to very bland, soft foods or mostly liquids. anyone have any suggestions?

btw, i am more than two years out and i have not had a fill in at least 6 months.

thanks in advance.

i am two years out. the last couple of months, i have developed a 'problem.' usually my late afternoon/early evening, i have developed a tightness in my throat. very uncomfortable. not burning. just tight. uncomforable to swallow and i am constantly burping/hiccuping (not sure what you call it). i have tried eating less/eating more/drinking less/drinking more. i have even gone back to very bland, soft foods or mostly liquids. anyone have any suggestions?

btw, i am more than two years out and i have not had a fill in at least 6 months.

thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just had my second fill today after 6 1/2 months from my first. All I can suggest is if you are just having liquids and feeling this tightness in your throat, you might want to consider getting a slight unfill and see if that gives you any relief. I know about that tight feeling when I have good restriction. It makes me slow down drinking and eating for sure and let the feeling of it passing through or getting to my pouch and then I burp or gurgle and then I know it's safe, but I know I have had enough if it takes too long for that tightness or relaxed feeling to go away as quick as it usually does.

I hope you get relief soon because that feeling really doesn't sound good or healthy.

Good luck.

Peace,

Judy

By throat do you mean the are just behind your tongue or further down in your esophagus? Since it's been six months since your last fill the problem may not have anything to do with your band. Give your doctor a call and see what they think.

By throat do you mean the are just behind your tongue or further down in your esophagus? Since it's been six months since your last fill the problem may not have anything to do with your band. Give your doctor a call and see what they think.

it is almost at the base of my throat. it's like there is something sitting there. i didn't mention it before but the other reason i think it is related to the band is that my tummy has been unusually active lately too. constantly makimg very loud noises. also, my freaking teeth hurt like the devil.

it is almost at the base of my throat. it's like there is something sitting there. i didn't mention it before but the other reason i think it is related to the band is that my tummy has been unusually active lately too. constantly makimg very loud noises. also, my freaking teeth hurt like the devil.

That almost sounds like a sinus infection. Some people's teeth and related nerves run very close to the sinus cavity and could be causing them to ache. If your sinuses are producing excess mucus it could be dripping out the back of your nose and down your throat which can cause another infection and causing your throat to swell. If its reaching your stomach that could be responsible for the noises it is producing.

Just my uneducated conjecture, but I think you should get it checked out by your primary care physician.