Hello!

Hi, my name is Kim and I am seriously considering having this surgery. I am scheduled for a seminar next week and will make my decision from there. I will be paying cash for it (taking out a loan) and I just wanted to get a little feedback from everyone. I have researched it until I am blue in the face and would like to get some advice from people who have actually had the surgery.

I am 5'6" and weigh 230 lbs. I have yo yo dieted my entire life with little or no success. I have Insurance, but with my BMI at 37 I have to have two medical conditions along with my weight for my Insurance to cover this. I am gonna pay $15K for it and that is everything and 15 months after the surgery for adjustments.

How soon do you need an adjustment? How often? Any suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, my name is Kim and I am seriously considering having this surgery. I am scheduled for a seminar next week and will make my decision from there. I will be paying cash for it (taking out a loan) and I just wanted to get a little feedback from everyone. I have researched it until I am blue in the face and would like to get some advice from people who have actually had the surgery.

I am 5'6" and weigh 230 lbs. I have yo yo dieted my entire life with little or no success. I have Insurance, but with my BMI at 37 I have to have two medical conditions along with my weight for my Insurance to cover this. I am gonna pay $15K for it and that is everything and 15 months after the surgery for adjustments.

How soon do you need an adjustment? How often? Any suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! My surgery date is feb. 26th so I cant give you any advice on the healing process, etc. But I can tell you a few things. Most people on this website have or are going to have their surgery by Dr. Ortiz. He is out of Mexico. You are probably thinking, MEXICO! Because that is exactly what I thought! I originally saw in on the Oprah show about 2 weeks ago and immediatley found him on the internet. The website is www.obesitycontrolcenter.com . You may want to look into that because his surgery is a LOT less expensive that that. Anyway, as Ive read, you get your first fill 6-8 weeks after surgery, and then you get it as you need it. Some people find that they one is enough, some people need several. If they are covering your fills 15 months after surgery, that sounds pretty generous. Good luck!

please read my post about the experience I had...my banding was 2.11.08

you should consider going to dr. ortiz for his experience in this type of surgery...I read his book "lapband for life" ..got it on amazon...

my first fill will be in 6 weeks. It all depends on how the first fill goes...if it's too tight you go back to have some taken out, if it's too loose you go back to have some more filled....until you find the "sweet spot" and then you live your life!!

Good Luck to you