I did it!!

I talked to Lori today and she emailed me all the paperwork. My surgery is scheduled for March 28th with Dr. Martinez! I am really scared and excited at the same time. I hope I can find a local fill Doctor. Did anyone worry about having problems afterwards and your Dr being in Mexico? I am a little concerned about that. Are serious problems rare with this surgery? I am afraid I won't find anyone local to help me if I have a problem. Maybe I am worrying too much?

I read all the stories on here and that is what made me make my mind up. It sounds like such a pleasurable trip. I am really scared of the long flight (coming from Mississippi) but I think it will be the best decision I ever made.

I talked to Lori today and she emailed me all the paperwork. My surgery is scheduled for March 28th with Dr. Martinez! I am really scared and excited at the same time. I hope I can find a local fill Doctor. Did anyone worry about having problems afterwards and your Dr being in Mexico? I am a little concerned about that. Are serious problems rare with this surgery? I am afraid I won't find anyone local to help me if I have a problem. Maybe I am worrying too much?

I read all the stories on here and that is what made me make my mind up. It sounds like such a pleasurable trip. I am really scared of the long flight (coming from Mississippi) but I think it will be the best decision I ever made.

I have worried about the same thing. I was told about USA fill centers. It is a company that contracts individual physicians in the area who will do your fills and consult with you after surgery. I was told that Dr. Ortiz is on the board with them. They also help with nutrition. It is pricey though, I didn't expect to have to pay that much after surgery but I guess it runs about the same as anyone else. Alot of MD's do not want to treat a patient that they didn't do the surgery on. These physicians are contracted to do so. It was created by a mother whose daughter had the surgery out of the states and couldn't find anyone to fill her. That is what I was told by the USA fill center representative. If you go to the website: fillcenterusa.com it will have more info on it.

I am scheduled for March 12 and coming from Florida. About an 8 hr flight. Hope it goes well on the flight back!!

Hope to talk to you soon! Nancy

I have worried about the same thing. I was told about USA fill centers. It is a company that contracts individual physicians in the area who will do your fills and consult with you after surgery. I was told that Dr. Ortiz is on the board with them. They also help with nutrition. It is pricey though, I didn't expect to have to pay that much after surgery but I guess it runs about the same as anyone else. Alot of MD's do not want to treat a patient that they didn't do the surgery on. These physicians are contracted to do so. It was created by a mother whose daughter had the surgery out of the states and couldn't find anyone to fill her. That is what I was told by the USA fill center representative. If you go to the website: fillcenterusa.com it will have more info on it.

I am scheduled for March 12 and coming from Florida. About an 8 hr flight. Hope it goes well on the flight back!!

sorry, I can't type, the website is: fillcentersusa.com

Where from in Florida? I am in Jacksonville.

Paula