I am considering coming with a friend and suggestions??

Hey, I am thinking about coming with a friend while she has her surgery in march. I am a little scared and not sure if i want to come along or not. what is there for me to do while she is in surgery? Will I have to spend the night in the Lucerna hotel alone the night of the surgery? I am a female in my twenties and that doesn't sound very safe to me. Let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts about it. :-?

Hey, I am thinking about coming with a friend while she has her surgery in march. I am a little scared and not sure if i want to come along or not. what is there for me to do while she is in surgery? Will I have to spend the night in the Lucerna hotel alone the night of the surgery? I am a female in my twenties and that doesn't sound very safe to me. Let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts about it. :-?

Dear Jennifer,

I had my daughter with me for moral support with me when I went for my surgery and she is 20. She really enjoyed the hotel, there is a beautiful pool, though it was cold when we were there. She stayed at the hotel alone while I had surgery and the next morning I returned to the hotel and she was still in bed sleeping! I woke her up and we went out shopping at Revolution. She totally enjoyed the trip, but knew she would be at the hotel by herself for the night and brought stuff to do and enjoyed her time alone. The hotel is really quite nice and I felt totally safe there, but with common sense I wouldn't have wanted her venturing out on her own. They also have cable TV with some american channels and also a computer for use in the lobby. I hope this helps.

Donna

Jennifer,

I am in Mexico tonight alone. i will be banded 2/21. We all need support, so follow your heart! I can tell you this, you can not stay in the hospital with your friend after surgery. You have to go back to the hotel. There is nothing to do unless you bring a freind...im my option. Your a young woman and it would not be safe to hang out by your self. However, your friend may really need to have your present here for her. Follow your heart! :rolleyes:

Jennifer,

I am in Mexico tonight alone. i will be banded 2/21. We all need support, so follow your heart! I can tell you this, you can not stay in the hospital with your friend after surgery. You have to go back to the hotel. There is nothing to do unless you bring a freind...im my option. Your a young woman and it would not be safe to hang out by your self. However, your friend may really need to have your present here for her. Follow your heart! :rolleyes:

Jennifer,

I hope and pray all goes well for you tomorrow, I will be there tomorrow night my surg date is 2-22, maybe I'll see you!!

Donna

My mother-in-law came with me when I had my surgery. Which was 1/17/08. She made friends with one of the other patients support person and they had dinner together and went shopping. So know that there will be other support people there that you could hang out with. If you are anything like my mother-in-law she talks to people wherever she goes...lol.The hotel is very nice.

I have my own questions...

I read in another post that you check into the hotel the first night, check out the next morning (of the surgery,) and check back into the hotel the next day. The OCC pays for two nights in the hotel. How do you keep your room the night of the surgery for your spouse? That would be so much easier than checking in and out, or at least checking in and out for the same room. Do you have to reserve the room ahead of time?

Thanks,

Paula