How in the heck....

I am just wondering how in the heck we can get enough protein on 12 oz. of food a day, and no snacks or protein drinks during the day? Even eating ONLY meat wouldn't be enough protein. How do you fit the required protein in with the small meal size?

Paula

I'm only one week post surgery and I'm taking Protien Whey Powder. I mix it with 6oz of water and some Benefiber. It's really tasty. Who says you can only have 12oz to of liquid a day? Is this post surgery? How far out? Even when I was in the first week, I was drinking much more than 12oz of liquid a day. I was having at least 3 cups of chicken broth a day, plus water and fruit juice.

I think I should be getting 50g of protien a day. Each protien drink I make has 24g of protien. I usually have two each day. You can also add tofu to anything - it blends great in chicken broth, your protien shakes or anything. It's a great source of protien!

Peace,

Maggie

I am just wondering how in the heck we can get enough protein on 12 oz. of food a day, and no snacks or protein drinks during the day? Even eating ONLY meat wouldn't be enough protein. How do you fit the required protein in with the small meal size?

Paula

I read on another chat board about Isopure Water, it is suppose to taste good and have 40g of protein. GNC carries it, I ordered some today but they are back ordered 2 weeks.

I also read in the weightloss surgery for dummies, that you can mix powdered milk (which I guess is high in protein with skim milk as a base then cut it with soup.

Amanda

There are plenty of great protein drinks that you can use to supplement your diet...

I just heard about a Product made by Designer Whey- called Protein 2-Go they are sold in individual packs that you can add to a bottle of water (like the crystal light packs) I think it is pretty good.

Here is a link for a coupon that you can use at GNC for a free sample of it or $2 off of a box, but the coupons expire on 2/29/08 so use it soon!

http://www.designerwhey.com/samples/assets...n2GO-Coupon.pdf

How much protein does your doctor say you should be eating? I looked up what I should be eating, and it is about 60 grams per day, or 8 oz of meat or fish.

No, no.. sorry.. I didn't make myself clear. I understand everything up to the solids and 3 meals a day stage, no snacks.

If I should eat, say, 2 oz chicken, 1 oz veg, and 1oz fruit, and something equivilent for the other two meals, that does NOT contain 60 grams of protein a day. So, following this post op, rest of my life diet, I am worried about enough protein to keep my hair, etc.

How do you get all your protein in these 3 small meals?

Paula

I had my surgery in June 07, I asked the same question. As of today I have lost 75lbs. I know they say no protein drinks but I drink one for breakfast, eat lunch, another protein drink as a snack on the way home from work, and then eat dinner. Doing this has made me feel better, and I have had less struggles trying to eat in the morning (could never keep the food down), and I'm not so hungery when I get home so I am able to eat slower in the evening and again am having less problems with PBing.

Hope this helps:

Angie