Questions from a newbie

Hi,

I am getting banded on March 28th by Dr. Martinez. I cant wait! I am having the surgery done on Friday and driving 5 hours home on Sunday. Should I be nervous about driving that soon after surgery? Also I work as a nanny for a three year old boy. I have told his mom about my surgery and so she is aware that I will have to take it a little slower but do you think its okay for me to go back to work on Monday after the surgery? How long before I can pick him up? He is 43 lbs. Also I am not able to find anyone to go with me for safety and support. Do you think I will be safe?

Thanks so much! I look forward to your replies!! Any before or after surgery tips would be appreciated :)

Hello! Myself and three of my friends are being banded the exact same day by Dr. Martinez! That is so cool that you are too. :)

I have a three year old myself, as well as a one year old. I guess we will just have to be very careful about picking them up!

That's a pretty long drive listen to your body if you need to rest, walk, drink..... As far as safety, you will be fine, even though it's nice to have the company. They pick you up at mexicouch and drop you at the door, then return you the same way. And you will make plenty of friends while you are there!!! Best of luck!

God Bless

Donna

I flew home and I was fine. However, I don't think that driving is a great idea so soon after anaesthesia. I was a bit flaky for several days afterwards and had a lot of trouble concentrating and just zoned out a few times. Don't you have any other options? Where do you live?

I flew home and I was fine. However, I don't think that driving is a great idea so soon after anaesthesia. I was a bit flaky for several days afterwards and had a lot of trouble concentrating and just zoned out a few times. Don't you have any other options? Where do you live?

Unfortunately I really dont have another option except staying another day in the hotel. Hum? What do you think?

Unfortunately I really dont have another option except staying another day in the hotel. Hum? What do you think?

HELLO!

I AM GOING BY MYSELF ALSO, BUT AM MEETING UP WITH OTHER BANDSTERS IN MEXICO. I'M FLYING THOUGH, NOT DRIVING. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD FLY TO SAN DIEGO? I THINK THAT WOULD BE BETTER, I DON'T THINK DRIVING THAT SOON AFTER SURGERY'S A GOOD IDEA. :-? I KNOW THAT I FEEL PRETTY WOOZY FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER SURGERY AND I'VE DRIVEN TO THE STORE LOCALLY BUT WOULD NOT HAVE GONE A LONG DISTANCE. YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE ANY CHANCES.... I'D TRY TO FLY OR TAKE A COUPLE MORE DAYS REST AT THE HOTEL. WE'LL SEE YOU SOON!! :-h DARLENE