HAS ANYONE NOTICED THIS?

Ok,

So now we are banded right? Everyone knows....... at least the ones we told.........but the weight is slow and may not be noticable to others? Ok, so now I have to explain to others that this is not gastric by-pass and the weight is slower! This is a process......will not happen over night and we have to be patient. That is the hard part for me. Explaining...... that I'm going to BE losing weight soon......... :angry: Frustrated.....I must say!

Older bandsters we need some help right through here. All hands on deck bandsters we newbies need some encouragement!

God is still on our side ><'

I dread this part too. I am just gonna tell them it is a slow process. Just come look at me next summer on the beach in a bikini and then you will see! :lol: Hang in there girl!

Ok,

So now we are banded right? Everyone knows....... at least the ones we told.........but the weight is slow and may not be noticable to others? Ok, so now I have to explain to others that this is not gastric by-pass and the weight is slower! This is a process......will not happen over night and we have to be patient. That is the hard part for me. Explaining...... that I'm going to BE losing weight soon......... :angry: Frustrated.....I must say!

Older bandsters we need some help right through here. All hands on deck bandsters we newbies need some encouragement!

IT WAS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS, HAVING PEOPLE WATCH EVERY MOVE EVERY BITE. WEEK AFTER WEEK, "HOW MUCH HAVE YOU LOST NOW? AND THEN HEARING THAT "OH" EVEN WITHIN THAT FIRST 6 WEEKS WHEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO PEOPLE THAT I WAS HEALING, IT WASN'T ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT. I'D STILL HEAR THAT "OH" GRRRRRRRR

LISTENING TO MY FRIENDS THAT HAD LOST THEIR WEIGHT ON WEIGHT WATCHERS.

BUT THERE IS A PLUS TO MY STORY

THEY'VE GAINED THEIRS ALL BACK

I JUST SMILE AS THEY AS ME ABOUT HOW THEY CAN CONTACT DR ORTIZ :)

This is one of the major reasons I told absolutely nobody except my primary doc, i'm separated so didn't have to worry about telling a SOP. I just have to figure out how to go out to dinner with friends or attend family functions when all i'll be able to to is eat 1/2 cup of food! :-?

I am with jetdeck . I haven't told anyone except my husband and plan to keep it that way. Although, because I have a very close relationship with my mom and dad it has been hard not to tell them that I am going in. (April 11th) Jetdeck, you will have to keep me posted on what you tell people when you go out to dinners and so forth. :)

Good luck with your journey :)

Brook

Hey Everyone....

Cheer up, it did not take us just a few weeks to gain the weight...........just think how good we're all going to look in a few months.

It will just keep getting better and better............I hope!!!!!

Getting banded March 20th and anxious to throw out my fat clothes.

Utahmom,

Thank you for your post..... this is real for us and we are lookin for others feeling the same. Since you have not been banded yet, can you share what you would do in a situation like this........all comments help!

Be Blessed ><'

Well I actually haven't told anyone but my husband, but the few times I have been out to eat with other friends when they ask why I am getting a bowl of soup instead of my regular burger and fries- I have told them that I am getting over the stomach flu so I am not eating much... Or for the ones that have noticed my weight loss I have said straight up that I am dieting and that is why I am only getting a soup for dinner.

As far as what I would say to anyone who you told about the band that is concerned about YOUR weight loss I would say, "Thank you for your concern but I am losing weight at EXACTLY the pace my Dr. wants (even if you aren't, it's not really their business) and I am so proud of what I have already achieved, and honestly I am even more excited to see the results that are soon to come!!

Well I actually haven't told anyone but my husband, but the few times I have been out to eat with other friends when they ask why I am getting a bowl of soup instead of my regular burger and fries- I have told them that I am getting over the stomach flu so I am not eating much... Or for the ones that have noticed my weight loss I have said straight up that I am dieting and that is why I am only getting a soup for dinner.

As far as what I would say to anyone who you told about the band that is concerned about YOUR weight loss I would say, "Thank you for your concern but I am losing weight at EXACTLY the pace my Dr. wants (even if you aren't, it's not really their business) and I am so proud of what I have already achieved, and honestly I am even more excited to see the results that are soon to come!!

Funny, I didn't even get banded yet (March 24th) and some people already think that when I get back from the surgery I will be thin. Uh, DUH! It's not body lipsosuction! HAHAHHAA

Hey, anyone know why my picture doesn't show up? I added apicture of a cat to my profile and it shows up there in my account but not here when I post.

Hey you guys.....5 lbs per week is HUGE, and DO NOT let anyone tell you otherwise.

IF YOU LOST 5 LBS EVERY WEEK THAT WOULD BE 20 LBS PER MONTH.....

and that is too much too soon.

Don't forget you must give your body time to adjust and skin time to catch up with weight loss.

You guys are a lot younger than I am, I hope I still have some elasticity in my skin.

weight.png

I am just the opposite, I told everyone and have gotten nothing but support from those around me except for a few ignorant people who I tend to ignore. I am 3 months out now and am down from size 24 to 18! My kids are noticing and they say my legs are especially skinny! I am losing very slowly (I want it this way) and am doing water aerobics for 45-60 minutes 4-6 times a week. I don't want a bunch of saggy skin so the slow loss is letting my body adjust to the new me. I expect to meet my goal in another year or so.....no hurry! It didn't come on overnight! My increased energy is really noticable now and I am trying to be patient and persistent, but still have some problems with controling my eating habits.....eating too fast and too much. I have a constant reminder, thank God! I have never ate normally in my life until now....so life is good! Post op is a great time to educate people use it to your advantage. :-?

i told everyone about the surgery, but i also told them it takes 2 years from the date of surgery to be where i need to be and that i will only lose 1/2 lb to 1 lb per week over the full 2 yrs. no one really noticed the first 6 months other than i didnt eat near as much. now that i am 16 months post op people dont remember how larger i was and new people are surprised i was every that heavy... stress to people it is meant to be a very slow process for your body and mind to adjust... this is not gastric bypass and the slower the changes the better for your body. the ones that doubted me i said to check back with me in 2 yrs and see if i have lost all the extra wt...

kim

People just don't understand the process involved or what it takes to succeed. The worst offenders here are those who have never had a weight problem and don't understand what it even means to be fat. I am amazed at the number of people who think fat people are just too stupid to realize that what goes in our mouths has an effect on our bodies. I'll never forget when I told a friend of mine how my parents had been doing Atkins religiously for a couple of years and still couldn't drop their extra weight and his jaw just DROPPED in disbelief. I might as well have told him my neighbor had a purple polka dotted elephant named Napoleon for a pet.

Anyways, when I decided to get banded it never occurred to me to keep it a secret. I've told everyone I know, told them all about my weight struggles, and answered all their questions. Only two people tried to give me the "why don't you just go on a diet" line. Ironically one of them has been trying to lose 10 pounds since I've known her. Further debate and conversation got them to respect my decision and now I have a wonderful group of friends and co-workers who have cheered for me every step of the way. I figure who better than someone like me to tell everyone what life is really like being severely obese for so so long and then finally being given the proper tool to deal with it. It's not like anything on TV is going to paint an accurate picture.

I am so excited to see that I am not the only one to choose to keep it a secret. I have only told my husband, mom, and dad. Being young it is hard to deal with those people who have never had to deal with severe weight issues or even watch what they eat. I am excited to see my body change slowly and have the energy that a young women should have, and feel privacy will help this journey. Thank you all for all of your advice and the bits of information and tips on how to handle social situations will be VERY helpful. My surgery date is April 3rd and can't wait, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Thank you all, good luck, and God bless

Jacklyn

I'm especially glad that only my husband knows I was banded. I'm almost to my 1 year anniv. and I've only lost 25 lbs. this year. Part of that is the difficulty I have in getting fills since I live in a very remote area. I haven't had a fill since Oct. and will get one at the end of the month. Good thing about the band is that I haven't gained the weight back. I alternate between being grateful for the band the fact that its kept me from gaining weight...and then back to feeling discouraged that I haven't lost as much as I'd like. If people knew I'd been banded I would have had to deal with questions and knowing looks, and gossip that I haven't lost weight. Even my best buddies don't know -- only my banding buddies.

Twigs

Ok,

Well I'm new scheduled for March 21st,

It looks like you have lost 16lbs and it has not evan been a month WOW remember weight watchers and most doctors suggest you lose 3 to 5lbs a month....... Tammy:)

The only people that know are my sister and my husband. I didn't feel like it was anyone else's business and I didn't want to feel like I was being watched with every move I make. Honestly I just didn't want to deal with other people's stupidity:) I mean how much research did I do before I got the surgery? Many many hours, days altogether. Other's don't understand because they don't want to take the time to actually listen to what you are saying. I don't know what I would tell people if I got those questions. I guess I would just say: I want to lose slow so I can keep it off, because stats have shown that most people who lose fast end up gaining it all back plus some.