DO WE "HAVE" TO TAKE A CREDIT CARD???

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SURGERIES LADIES! I'M 2 WEEKS POST OP AND STAYING OPTIMISTIC :) MY FIRST WEEK WAS ROUGH BUT IT GETS BETTER EVERY DAY. I'M SURPRISINGLY NOT HUNGRY (NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THAT) BUT WATER IS TRICKY. JUST KEEP A SIPPY CUP TO YOUR LIPS AT ALL TIMES AND ADD ICE, FOR SOME REASON THE COLD IS BETTER THAN ROOM TEMP. IF U ARE TAKING TIME OFF WORK, PLS TAKE AT LEAST 2 WEEKS. I THOUGHT I'D BE OK AT 1 AND 1/2 WEEKS AND BOY WAS I WRONG. TRIED TO GO BACK TODAY (OFF FOR TWO WEEKS ALREADY) BUT BACK HOME B/C I'M NAUSEATED AND MY WOUNDS ARE SORE (GETTING UP AND DOWN FROM MY DESK). THESE ARE JUST THE BAD THINGS. I'VE LOST 16 LBS ALREADY AND NOT MOURNING THE FOODS LIKE I THOUGHT I WOULD BE. YOU WILL ALL DO GREAT! KEEP ME UPDATED!

XOXO

Back to the credit card question:

Credit cards are usually the safest type of money to take with you,because many of them have an easy way to report their being stolen and avoiding fraudulent charges. Just be sure you have the credit card company's phone number and the card number stored separately in case you do lose it.

Of course, if you don't want to take a credit card with you because you are afraid of how much you will spend shopping, I can't help you! :)

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SURGERIES LADIES! I'M 2 WEEKS POST OP AND STAYING OPTIMISTIC :) MY FIRST WEEK WAS ROUGH BUT IT GETS BETTER EVERY DAY. I'M SURPRISINGLY NOT HUNGRY (NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THAT) BUT WATER IS TRICKY. JUST KEEP A SIPPY CUP TO YOUR LIPS AT ALL TIMES AND ADD ICE, FOR SOME REASON THE COLD IS BETTER THAN ROOM TEMP. IF U ARE TAKING TIME OFF WORK, PLS TAKE AT LEAST 2 WEEKS. I THOUGHT I'D BE OK AT 1 AND 1/2 WEEKS AND BOY WAS I WRONG. TRIED TO GO BACK TODAY (OFF FOR TWO WEEKS ALREADY) BUT BACK HOME B/C I'M NAUSEATED AND MY WOUNDS ARE SORE (GETTING UP AND DOWN FROM MY DESK). THESE ARE JUST THE BAD THINGS. I'VE LOST 16 LBS ALREADY AND NOT MOURNING THE FOODS LIKE I THOUGHT I WOULD BE. YOU WILL ALL DO GREAT! KEEP ME UPDATED!

XOXO

THANKS ALI! I'M LAID-OFF TILL AUGUST, SO I'M GOOD THAT WAY. CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!

DARLENE

XOXO

Well. I havea great disability plan at work that will pay me to be off for medical reasons at full pay. So, I am hoping that the doctors at OCC will sign the papers for me to be off or I will only have 1 week off work. I have an office job, but I do get up and down a lot and I have to work with very heavy files all day. When I callled and asked, all they said was to bring the papers with me and ask when I get there. Also, that they would only give 3 weeks at the most. I know others that get the lap band in the US have gotten up to 6 weeks off. I want to be fully healed before going back because they are relentless at work and I won't get any breaks.

Well. I havea great disability plan at work that will pay me to be off for medical reasons at full pay. So, I am hoping that the doctors at OCC will sign the papers for me to be off or I will only have 1 week off work. I have an office job, but I do get up and down a lot and I have to work with very heavy files all day. When I callled and asked, all they said was to bring the papers with me and ask when I get there. Also, that they would only give 3 weeks at the most. I know others that get the lap band in the US have gotten up to 6 weeks off. I want to be fully healed before going back because they are relentless at work and I won't get any breaks.

Totally. I tried to go back today but it just wasn't working out. My surgeon said "oh a week or two will be fine"...HA! I feel like I'm a somewhat strong person and I'm shocked on how long it is taken to get back to normal.

This is not meant to scare you at all, just want to give you my opinion since I"m just 2 weeks post op. You will do great, just sleep a lot and take your time.

So where are you going in another country? How come you aren't staying in the states? Just curious...

Take care

xoxo

I think that everyone's recovery is different, depending on age and a few other factors. I walked a mile on the treadmill 36 hours after my surgery and everyday since I have had no problems being active. I even went jogging a few days before recommended (after checking with my doctor) so I think each person needs to wait and see how well they feel after surgery before making any big choices about when the are or are not ready to return to work!

Totally. I tried to go back today but it just wasn't working out. My surgeon said "oh a week or two will be fine"...HA! I feel like I'm a somewhat strong person and I'm shocked on how long it is taken to get back to normal.

This is not meant to scare you at all, just want to give you my opinion since I"m just 2 weeks post op. You will do great, just sleep a lot and take your time.

So where are you going in another country? How come you aren't staying in the states? Just curious...

Take care

xoxo

I am staying in the states????

I'm getting banded in Mexico but going home 2 days later (to the states).

You will need to use a credit card for incidentals at the hotel (phone calls, charging anything to your room), but if you need to call Dr. Ortiz's office, you can always call the front desk and they will call for you and connect you. Other than that, it's best to use cash in shops.

FYI, there is a sunglasses store in the Plaza del Rio which sells designer shades for cheaper than you can find them in San Diego. If I can dig up the name, I'll post it.

You will need to use a credit card for incidentals at the hotel (phone calls, charging anything to your room), but if you need to call Dr. Ortiz's office, you can always call the front desk and they will call for you and connect you. Other than that, it's best to use cash in shops.

FYI, there is a sunglasses store in the Plaza del Rio which sells designer shades for cheaper than you can find them in San Diego. If I can dig up the name, I'll post it.

THANKS!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!! B)

I think that everyone's recovery is different, depending on age and a few other factors. I walked a mile on the treadmill 36 hours after my surgery and everyday since I have had no problems being active. I even went jogging a few days before recommended (after checking with my doctor) so I think each person needs to wait and see how well they feel after surgery before making any big choices about when the are or are not ready to return to work!

On the flip side, I NEVER exercised because I have bad knees.. . well, that is an excuse! I never exercised before, either! :lol: (I have no problem exercising my fingers on the keyboard, however.) My exercise usually consists of wandering up and down Walmart until I get tired.. and spending too much money. I actually found 2 IDENTICAL shirts in my closet.. took one back today! Must really have loved that shirt! :blink:

I am biting the bullet (when I can have solids, that is,) and joining the Y so I can do water aerobics. My therapist is making me.

Michelle, You are a superwoman in my book... treadmill, sex.. who knows what else in 36 hours!

Oh, speaking of sex, I asked Dr. Ortiz, "what about sex?", and he replied, "I am already busy for the rest of the day." LAFFING! Not!! He told me that.. a former patient asked him that.

Honestly, he cracked me up.

Wow! I have chased this rabbit all over the place! (Does that count as exercise?)

Oh, yeah.. what was the topic?

I guess everyone is different I had surgery Thursday and went back to work the next Monday. I was a little slower but the more active you are the quicker you recover. I can't imagine that you would need 6 weeks. That is what someone would need after major surgery (C-section, hysterectomy etc.)

Linda