New, curious and scared

I need to lose alot and I am scared to do the band. first, is the recovery many weeks..? I can't take much time off work

Second, do you feel really awful? I don't know.. I am just not sure I can do this.. seems so hard...but I have got to lose this

weight... my health is getting worse... thanks...

What would you like to know... If you call the OCC and speak to Carolyn she will answer your every question. I did alot of research before I decided to Band myself. Once I found the OCC I was so excited I couldnt wait till the day of the surgery. I lost 6lbs before surgury and im at 9lbs after surgery. I was banded on Feb 28, 08. The treatment at the OCC is EXCELLENT, I have not one complaint. There were 8 of us who got banded together, we still keep in contact thru the forum and do a lot of story sharing. It helps when you are on your post op diet. Liquids only. We all just remember that we have invested a lot on our band and how we have to take care of it, and our bodies. If your considering doing it, I would encourage you too. I was feeling like you, I felt my weight was out of control. I had to act fast, cause our health is at stake. Yesterday was the first day I got to eat solid foods, it was nice. Didnt eat too much, yet it seems to be a lot after have been on liquids for such a long time. I will not lie, I had a bite here and there after the surgery, but I made sure I chewed and chewed before it went down. Its a new way of eating from this day forward. If I want to change my life, living and health I have to start by changing my bad habits...one day at a time.

Hope this helped. Take care.

Znewme33

Oh I forgot to answer your first question. I had my surgery on a Thursday, only cause Friday was booked, I was back to work on Monday. Your able to walk as soon as your anesthesia wears off, your a little sore, but of course that is normal after a surgery. Of course you also have limitations as with any other surgery, no lifting, exercise or strenuous work. Don't be scared, the surgery is a the easy part.

:)

Znewme33

I need to lose alot and I am scared to do the band. first, is the recovery many weeks..? I can't take much time off work

Second, do you feel really awful? I don't know.. I am just not sure I can do this.. seems so hard...but I have got to lose this

weight... my health is getting worse... thanks...

I was banded day before yesterday, on March 19th. I went shopping in Tijuana all afternoon the next day, and just got home from a 7.5 hour flight. I feel tired, but great.

Go for it.

Paula

ninababy,

yes i can understand your scared.. so am/was I. I was in your shoes..i knew i needed to lose weight but never wanted to do anytype of surgery, none the less have something put in me.I've dieted in the past..only to regain the weight and I feel like I cant do it again. right now I'm at 210... my highest was 225. I had to make a decision before I'm back there again.

On top of that making the investment...was also a big decision for me. After finding this forum and the OCC website I realized this is something i need to do and am confident in my decision. I know it's not going to be easy but I'm not getting any younger, thinner or healthier sitting back contemplating a new diet strategy. So I finally scheduled my date (4/11/08) and look forward to a new life.

Am I scared?..Very... especially since I cant tolerate pain or discomfort at all .... I'm a big old baby :(( :(( :(( However, after reading everyone's story I know I'll survive. I'm so happy to have found this forum, it's like a big family to me and although i have never met anyone yet, i feel as if i know them.

I would suggest u continue your research and continue to read updates on this forum, so that u can find comfort in whatever decision you make.

good luck

m

I was banded day before yesterday, on March 19th. I went shopping in Tijuana all afternoon the next day, and just got home from a 7.5 hour flight. I feel tired, but great.

Go for it.

Paula

AWESOME PAULA!!!!! FILL US IN ON YOUR TRIP!!! DARLENE