Coughing

I was banded on 3-24 got home on 3-27 and all I have been doing since is coughing. Does anyone know if this does damage to the band or the port?

HI BOBBI! DO YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE ASTHMA? I WAS JUST BANDED ON THE 25TH BY DR.O AND I HAVE ASTHMA. I THINK I'M CATCHING A COLD RIGHT NOW :unsure: AND I HAVE A LITTLE COUGH, BUT NOTHING SERIOUS. DON'T LET IT GO ON, I'D GET CHECKED OUT BY YOUR LOCAL DOC AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT GETTING SICK [THAT'S THE LAST THING YOU NEED!!] HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!!! BEST WISHES, DARLENE

Yes I have asthma, but I have been taking alll my medication, even giving myself breathing treatments. If not better by tomorrow I was going to see my Dr. Just don't want to go on prednisone. Hate that stuff. I was sick for all most the whole month of March. I went in to the Dr. the tuesday before my surgery. She prescribed a Zpak and going into the bathroom and turning on the shower getting all that warm moisture into my lungs. Can't understand felt so good down in the dry climate of TJ, and California. Get home here to the Pacific Northwest and boom here I go with all the chest conjestion and coughing.

I was banded on 3-24 got home on 3-27 and all I have been doing since is coughing. Does anyone know if this does damage to the band or the port?

Oh no Bobbi, I hope you aren't catching a cold! I've coughed a few times, and sneezed too but they weren't too bad. If it keep up, I would call the docotor for some cough meds so it doesn't linger.

You know it's hard to say. Going on the plane being inundated with all those little rug rat germs(:lol). The rule in my house is no grandchildren here if they are sick. I can get sick so easy due to my asthma. My throat really hurts, not from being sore. Just feels like I have something caught in there. Or maybe it was scratched by all the coughing. Don't know, but sure wish I could stop coughing.

You know it's hard to say. Going on the plane being inundated with all those little rug rat germs(:lol). The rule in my house is no grandchildren here if they are sick. I can get sick so easy due to my asthma. My throat really hurts, not from being sore. Just feels like I have something caught in there. Or maybe it was scratched by all the coughing. Don't know, but sure wish I could stop coughing.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE RUG RAT GERMS :lol: WHEN I WAS ON THE PLANE [FOR HOURS AND HOURS] A KID BEHIND ME KEPT COUGHING AND SNIFFING SNOT THE WHOLE RIDE! YUCK!! I THINK I'M CATCHING A LITTLE SOMETHING NOW. MY THROAT'S A LITTLE SORE TOO..... DAMN SNOTTEN' KID! <_<

I GO TO MY DOC ON THE 4TH, BUT IF THIS SEEMS TO GET WORSE, I'LL GO SOONER. I HEARD SOME OTHER BANDSTERS SAY THEIR THROATS HURT TOO AFTER SURGERY, BUT SAID IT WAS PROBABLY FROM THE TUBE THEY PUT DOWN YOUR THROAT. ???

You should see your Dr. right away and get on some medication for your cough. I had a cough so bad that it was making me vomit, pee my pants and lose control of my bowels..... :blink: EWWWWW! I was so worried about damaging my band or getting dehydrated. My Doctor gave me medication and it cleared up pretty quick Better safe than sorry.

I just got back from the hospital. Let me tell you the coughing really hurts your sides, but it can also hurt the inscisions. I have bronchitis, they took chest exrays and stomache exrays. Everything is okay with the lapband and port area. Just the lungs a little yeky. I am on meds now and should feel better in a few days. While there I met 4 nurses who have numerous friends and family who went to Dr. Ortiz. What a small world. Thanks for all the support.

I just got back from the hospital. Let me tell you the coughing really hurts your sides, but it can also hurt the inscisions. I have bronchitis, they took chest exrays and stomache exrays. Everything is okay with the lapband and port area. Just the lungs a little yeky. I am on meds now and should feel better in a few days. While there I met 4 nurses who have numerous friends and family who went to Dr. Ortiz. What a small world. Thanks for all the support.

HEY BOBBI...... SO GLAD YOU'RE OK!!! BRONCHITIS IS NOTHING TO MESS WITH!! IT FEELS LIKE SOMEONE'S SITTING ON YOUR CHEST! :( KEEP US UPDATED!!! DARLENE :-h