Wanting Dr. Ortiz (first post)

:blink: My doctor 2 weeks ago decided to refer me to a Doctor here in Tennessee. My insurance will cover but only after extensive testing in which I pay for and 6 months of dieting. Then, I pay my deductible and 20 % of 30,000.00. By the time I do that it will cost the same as in Mexico. Here's my dilemma. I am worried about what if something went wrong during or right after surgery and what about seeing a doctor every 2 weeks afterwards as my doctor said I would need. Please help. I sure don't want to wait and my husband borrowed me 10,000.00 I now how in case I wanted to go to Dr. Ortiz. And one other thing, what does his preop consist of and pre dieting.

Thank you, oh by the way this is my first post.

Sherri

Sherri

Why don' t you give the center a call and schedule a phone consultation with Dr. Ortiz. I had a phone consultation last week with him and scheduled my surgery for June 13th. He answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. I'm sure he can do the same for you.

Julie

:blink: My doctor 2 weeks ago decided to refer me to a Doctor here in Tennessee. My insurance will cover but only after extensive testing in which I pay for and 6 months of dieting. Then, I pay my deductible and 20 % of 30,000.00. By the time I do that it will cost the same as in Mexico. Here's my dilemma. I am worried about what if something went wrong during or right after surgery and what about seeing a doctor every 2 weeks afterwards as my doctor said I would need. Please help. I sure don't want to wait and my husband borrowed me 10,000.00 I now how in case I wanted to go to Dr. Ortiz. And one other thing, what does his preop consist of and pre dieting.

Thank you, oh by the way this is my first post.

Sherri

Sherri, why not be upfront with your local Dr. and ask if he can do the followups and fills. Or call Dr. Ortiz and consult with him your options he might refer you to a local Dr. That is alot of money difference. Good Luck!

Sylvia B)

Upon discharge from the OCC, I was given a discharge education packet that contained the CELL PHONE numbers for Dr. Ortiz, Dr. Martinez and other staff members. Dr. Ortiz personally told me, my mother and sister (we all had surgery together) to CALL if we needed ANYTHING. That aside, I can understand how a phone call might not suffice in an emergency situation. Should an emergency arise, you can present to any emergency room at any hospital in the USA for treatment. Part of my discharge packet was a medical card that gave medical information on my lapband. Also, you can follow up with your family doctor. Most surgeons release their patients back to their primary care doctor for follow up care after laproscopic surgery here in the USA (if no surgical complications). I would also encourage you to seek a telephone consult with Dr. Ortiz and to perhaps check with the lap band clinic in your region for cost on maintenance and fills. Best wishes!

• 4 weeks later...

Upon discharge from the OCC, I was given a discharge education packet that contained the CELL PHONE numbers for Dr. Ortiz, Dr. Martinez and other staff members. Dr. Ortiz personally told me, my mother and sister (we all had surgery together) to CALL if we needed ANYTHING. That aside, I can understand how a phone call might not suffice in an emergency situation. Should an emergency arise, you can present to any emergency room at any hospital in the USA for treatment. Part of my discharge packet was a medical card that gave medical information on my lapband. Also, you can follow up with your family doctor. Most surgeons release their patients back to their primary care doctor for follow up care after laproscopic surgery here in the USA (if no surgical complications). I would also encourage you to seek a telephone consult with Dr. Ortiz and to perhaps check with the lap band clinic in your region for cost on maintenance and fills. Best wishes!

Okay, MY question is....if there IS a complication, will our normal health insurance cover it?

Has anyone had this come up? Has anyone had surgery in Mexico and had insurance pay for fills???

I know every insurance is different, but any personal experiences...I'm getting banded in July...anyone else out there???

Karen BMI 35.1

Okay, MY question is....if there IS a complication, will our normal health insurance cover it?

Has anyone had this come up? Has anyone had surgery in Mexico and had insurance pay for fills???

I know every insurance is different, but any personal experiences...I'm getting banded in July...anyone else out there???

Karen BMI 35.1

Sounds like a question for your specific health insurance provider since carriers vary on what is covered and what is not.

• 3 weeks later...

Karen BMI 35.1

This is very much insurance specific.

I know that for MY insurance, they have a very specific clause that says they will not cover any weight loss surgeries, any doctor's appointments related to it, or any emergency procedures due to problems from it. But you should call the number on your insurance card and ask them to send you their rules on that in writing.