size of fill

Today Nikki, Amber, Sue, and I had fills at OCC. It was the first for everyone but Sue. Nikki and Amber got 1.2cc apiece, but when we did my fill, I could only do 1.1. I am not going to say that I am not concerned, because I am. Now I have all these worries about whether I will have enough restriction, etc. Not to mention, it is exhausting to fly from Florida to TJ every six weeks for fills.

I saw the barium stop flowing at 1.2, and know that there is nothing I can do about it, but I am just feeling sort of sad and let down. Guess we will see how I am doing in a week.

He did say that my esophagus was stretched, and the barium was backing into the esophagus. He said to eat slower and it would shrink back down...... still...... :lb12:

I think I am just worn out from being on planes and in airports for 8 hours+.

Think I will go to nap and maybe will wake up feeling better about it all.

I can identify with you totally. I was filled on Monday and only got 1.2cc and feel very worried and anxious about it. But the fact of the matter is, they only give so much of a first fill they are professionals and don't want to hurt us. I can't change what they have already put in, I can't leave until September so....I am truly stuck. But I think that any fill is better than no fill and as long as I do my part by eating right and exercising everything will be ok. You can do it, just keep positive thoughts and do your best! Good luck sweetie, you can do it.

Paula, don't get discouraged. Look at it this way. I had a 3cc first fill and if I need more I only have 1 cc to work with. That scares me. You, on the other hand, have 2.9cc capacity left. I saw the barium go through at 3cc so I know that fill is okay with me plus my food has been going down fine. If the barium was getting stuck at 1.2cc with you then that is obviously too tight. It sounds like you have just the right fill to me. Good luck and keep us posted.

Paula,

You'll be fine - since I have the VG band I can fit a lot more in it and I was constantly hearing about people that could have 6 cc's fast - it took me 14 months to get to 6 cc's. (I think I’m the only girl with a VG band….) It was hard, I kept worrying but since I was loosing weight I finally hit the “what the heck stage” my organs are most likely bigger than others so I can’t fit as much in my band.

I did fine; I think the most important piece is keeping up with your fills, when you start loosing weight at a consistent pace your band naturally loosens up. Just make sure to go back in for your next fill when you can start eating more and you're feel that hunger hitting you mentally.

Best,

Lisa

Paula,

You'll be fine - since I have the VG band I can fit a lot more in it and I was constantly hearing about people that could have 6 cc's fast - it took me 14 months to get to 6 cc's. (I think I’m the only girl with a VG band….) It was hard, I kept worrying but since I was loosing weight I finally hit the “what the heck stage” my organs are most likely bigger than others so I can’t fit as much in my band.

I did fine; I think the most important piece is keeping up with your fills, when you start loosing weight at a consistent pace your band naturally loosens up. Just make sure to go back in for your next fill when you can start eating more and you're feel that hunger hitting you mentally.

Best,

Lisa

You know, I guess part of my disappointment is because I know that Dr. Romero is more aggressive about fills than Dr. Acosta. I almost called the clinic late that afternoon to see if he would double check.. but I didn't. It is expensive and exhausting for me to make the trip, (I am on disibility, and short on funds and energy,) and I don't want to make it again any sooner than need be.

You know, the fills are such an emotional part of the whole process. You get your surgery, and nothing happens while your stomach is healing, then you get your first fill, all excited and full of anticipation, and it is supposed to be the first real physical awareness of your new change in your diet and life. What a let-down when your fill isn't enough and you have to wait for another month or two and still feel like you did before surgery. In my world, that is several months of additional knee pain, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and other things that will be improved when I begin to lose weight with the fills.

Okay, I am anticipating the worse.. but my personal experience has been expect the worse and be surprised if it doesn't happen. Not the way I want it to be, just the way it has worked out.

Sorry, I am just worried and scared and broke and still in jet lag..

Thank you for letting me vent.

You know, I guess part of my disappointment is because I know that Dr. Romano is more aggressive about fills than Dr. Acosta. I almost called the clinic late that afternoon to see if he would double check.. but I didn't. It is expensive and exhausting for me to make the trip, (I am on disibility, and short on funds and energy,) and I don't want to make it again any sooner than need be.

You know, the fills are such an emotional part of the whole process. You get your surgery, and nothing happens while your stomach is healing, then you get your first fill, all excited and full of anticipation, and it is supposed to be the first real physical awareness of your new change in your diet and life. What a let-down when your fill isn't enough and you have to wait for another month or two and still feel like you did before surgery. In my world, that is several months of additional knee pain, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and other things that will be improved when I begin to lose weight with the fills.

Okay, I am anticipating the worse.. but my personal experience has been expect the worse and be surprised if it doesn't happen. Not the way I want it to be, just the way it has worked out.

Sorry, I am just worried and scared and broke and still in jet lag..

Thank you for letting me vent.

These past couple of months haven't been for nothing Paula! You've lost 31 lb.!!! Your needs are carrying around 31 less pounds! That is amazing! I know how we all wish it would just happen overnight (mine goes slow, I feel like I'm not losing ANYTHING until I recall where I was 2 months ago), but taking it slow really is the best way (said by someone who dropped 60 lb. in 6 weeks and ended up in the hospital one step away from total kidney failure).

You also need time to see how your fill and stomach will react. Doesn't it take a few (or several) days to kick in? Keep your chin up hon. :-)

Had my first fill last Thursday and only got 1.4cc, everyone else that day got lots more. I am now very happy that is all I got as I am definately having some problems getting used to the restriction. It took a few days but OMG there is a huge difference in how you will be able to eat.

Thank you both for your encouragement. It means a lot to me.

With gratitude...

Little off topic but, Paula, have you received a call from Claudia? She left me a voicemail message about our "issue" with sharing the transportation cost. Message sounded like they still think we should have paid more. I am NOT happy....and haven't called her back yet. I wanted to see if you had been contacted.

By the way, I had my first "meal" today. I had a salad with some chicken on top. I was scared TO DEATH that I was going to PB or something at work but so far so good. Ate 1/2 the salad and I am STUFFED.

Are you feeling it yet?

Nikki

Little off topic but, Paula, have you received a call from Claudia? She left me a voicemail message about our "issue" with sharing the transportation cost. Message sounded like they still think we should have paid more. I am NOT happy....and haven't called her back yet. I wanted to see if you had been contacted.

By the way, I had my first "meal" today. I had a salad with some chicken on top. I was scared TO DEATH that I was going to PB or something at work but so far so good. Ate 1/2 the salad and I am STUFFED.

Are you feeling it yet?

Nikki

I am not home, so if she called, I am not there to get the call anyway. I had my first meal today, and nothing.. not a thing.. I guess the same ole weight watcher's meals until the fill kicks in or I get a new one.

I think they shouldn't tell us we can split the price of the fill if they didn't have it organized. Frankly, the whole organizational experience sucked. Our weights were not even checked. I did figure out why they nearly made miss my plane; They STILL thought we had come together. That is why there was no room reserved for me and why Claudia may not think we "qualified" to split the cost. The driver of our van was the person who figured it out when we had to go to different terminals.

I love, love, love Dr. Ortiz, but I had some annoying and disappointing stuff happen for the fill visit.

I think I will go to St. Pete for the next fill, then go to OCC for the one after that; maybe hubby and I can make a vacation out of it while we are there.

go to the fill center in st. pete! she is a big fan of dr.o and fills lots of his patients. she also is awesome. I couldnt imagine flying back to the OCC- its soooooo far from FL!

I think that's what I will do. Let me know when your next fill is, and maybe we can meet up. I loved meeting Nikki and the gang in TJ.

I am not home, so if she called, I am not there to get the call anyway. I had my first meal today, and nothing.. not a thing.. I guess the same ole weight watcher's meals until the fill kicks in or I get a new one.

I think they shouldn't tell us we can split the price of the fill if they didn't have it organized. Frankly, the whole organizational experience sucked. Our weights were not even checked. I did figure out why they nearly made miss my plane; They STILL thought we had come together. That is why there was no room reserved for me and why Claudia may not think we "qualified" to split the cost. The driver of our van was the person who figured it out when we had to go to different terminals.

I love, love, love Dr. Ortiz, but I had some annoying and disappointing stuff happen for the fill visit.

I think I will go to St. Pete for the next fill, then go to OCC for the one after that; maybe hubby and I can make a vacation out of it while we are there.

Yes, I love the clinic, happy with how the surgery and hotel went, but this fill trip was unorganized. Even if they didn't have you listed for a room, you paid for it! We both paid the same amount! I am going to email Lori...I think you should too so she knows that they are backing out on their offer!