May 8th Banders

I just want to give a quick shout out to the May 8h banders. I hope all of you (Valerie, Jena, Brenda, Jenn (not on forum yet)and Saul (not on forum yet)) are doing fantastic. I loved meeting all of you and your significant others, spouses, and/or family. I loved the support and I appreciated sharing the journey with you. Keep in touch and may all of us who are banded have terrific banded futures.

Take care,

Lisa ><'

PS, I hope the other banded folks on the forum are well too. I don't want to leave anyone out.

Hi Lisa! Gloria and I had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting you and your husband and the other May 8 bansters.

Are you going back for your fill? I'm pretty sure I'm going back to OCC for mine. What about you others?

How are you doing on the post op diet? It's a real struggle for me, I'm hungry all the time, and not head hunger either. I'm drinking like a fish. Not alcohol! :wacko: but protein water, vitamin water, water water and more protein water. I've had a couple of yogurt smoothies today.

How's everyone doing as far as going back to work, bruising, soreness, etc? Today is the first day I'm uncomfortably sore. What I think is the port, largest cut in middle/left of my chest, is really sore. I hope I haven't done anything to it. :lb12: That's why I want to go to the OCC for my first fill, to make sure everything is fine.

Maybe we can schedule our fills the same day and have a reunion cup of broth! ha!

Jea

Hi Lisa! Gloria and I had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting you and your husband and the other May 8 bansters.

Are you going back for your fill? I'm pretty sure I'm going back to OCC for mine. What about you others?

How are you doing on the post op diet? It's a real struggle for me, I'm hungry all the time, and not head hunger either. I'm drinking like a fish. Not alcohol! :wacko: but protein water, vitamin water, water water and more protein water. I've had a couple of yogurt smoothies today.

How's everyone doing as far as going back to work, bruising, soreness, etc? Today is the first day I'm uncomfortably sore. What I think is the port, largest cut in middle/left of my chest, is really sore. I hope I haven't done anything to it. :lb12: That's why I want to go to the OCC for my first fill, to make sure everything is fine.

Maybe we can schedule our fills the same day and have a reunion cup of broth! ha!

Jea

Jena, you and Gloria were a pleasure to meet. We really enjoyed your company. I would love an email of the pictures that Gloria took (coatesdogs@yahoo.com). I don't plan to go back to the OCC for fills at this time. There are a couple of places close to me that I may go to instead. Also, I am hungry too and I have the runs. I hope the yogurt helps with that. Not fun. My port site is a little sore as well and I think that is normal. I am so bruised!!! I look like I got stabbed in a bad fight. Oh, well, it is the price to pay for a healthy future weight.

~Glad to hear you are surviving,

Lisa (ps, I can't wait for creamy soups)

HEY MAY 8TH BANDMATES-

How are you? It was a pleasure meeting you all and your hubbies ect.. Jenn and I are doing well yesterday we talked about being a little weak have you guys been? Not hungery yet though, but I gotta tell you the gas is somewhat OUT OF CONTROL :wacko: Incisions are great... the port one alittle sore yet but totally better. Down 3lbs I thought I would be down 50 to 60lbs going without food for 6 days :lol: Let me know whats happening people!!!!

Hey Guys! Great to hear from you. I am doing really well, I plan to return to TJ for first fill and would love to coordinate to share transport. I am planning on making it a quick day trip. Let me know when you guys are going and I'll try and coordinate. I still feel like eating very little even liquid though so it is hard for me to think about getting a fill. Have any of you had discomfort at the band area everytime you eat?

Hi gals!

I've only had a problem when I ate/drank too much too soon. Burping, though, even after drinking water, is a serious deal. It's like a gas bubble gets stuck in my chest, kinda right between my boobs. It takes some effort to get it on up.

I've been thinking about going to TJ for my first fill. it's going to cost me $584 at Fill Centers USA if I use floro. I wouldn't think of doing it without it.

Then it hit me tonight, as I slowly ate my 1/4 cup of soup, that I may not even need a fill at 6 weeks. Duh. So I'm going to wait until I can eat too much and start gaining weight to schedule the fill.

Okay...David C. or David A.??

Hi Five girl!! Go DC!

Jena

:blink: What you're burping!?

I have NOT been able to burp at all. I am feeling great and just cant wait to see what the future holds. :rolleyes: I will post you 5/8th banders when I'll be headed back to TJ.

By the way COOK ALL THE WAY people!

:blink: What you're burping!?

I have NOT been able to burp at all. I am feeling great and just cant wait to see what the future holds. :rolleyes: I will post you 5/8th banders when I'll be headed back to TJ.

By the way COOK ALL THE WAY people!

Yes, burping. I think it's my punishment for being the only one of all of us that didn't have pain from the surgery gas at all. B)

DAVID COOK BABY!!

I have nothing better to do tonight, so I was working out the costs of me going to the OCC for my first fill or going to the Fill Centers USA in Roswell Ga. (20 minutes from my house or office)

The cost of Fill Center $549

The costs of going to OCC -

Airfare $279 but I would have to go on Tuesday July 8 and return Wednesday July 9

Floro at OCC $100

Hotel - something like $80

Transportation ??

Honest opinions wanted. Which one should I do??

Jena

I have nothing better to do tonight, so I was working out the costs of me going to the OCC for my first fill or going to the Fill Centers USA in Roswell Ga. (20 minutes from my house or office)

The cost of Fill Center $549

The costs of going to OCC -

Airfare $279 but I would have to go on Tuesday July 8 and return Wednesday July 9

Floro at OCC $100

Hotel - something like $80

Transportation ??

Honest opinions wanted. Which one should I do??

Jena

Howdy Jena!!! Glad to hear you are doing well. I had a protien drink for dinner and my husband and I went for a great walk, so I feel good. Oh, it has been about 90 degrees today, so a break from the rain has also been a treat. Maybe spring/summer has "finally" arrived for Oregon.

Ok, to your question. Money aside, I prefer anything that is close to my home. That is just me. Price wise, it may be a toss up. You could go to the OCC for your first check up for piece of mind. Then, you could have follow up's in Georgia. In order for me to get Fluoro, I have to drive a little over 2 hours. The fill center here in Oregon does not use Fluoro. That makes me sad, but oh well. Nothing againts Tijuana, but I really would prefer to stay as close to my home town as possible for follow ups.

Have a nice evening, good luck on your decision and say hi to Gloria for Rob and I,

Lisa :girl_smile:

I haven't had any gas pains either. I have had plenty of gas though and the little burps. They don't hurt much anymore but the first few days every little burp would make me wince. I do get a little shoulder pain if I drink to much at a time or too fast but I don't consider that a problem. It is helping me learn what the right amount for me to drink is.

:) Hey Girls

Happy Friday! I thought Iwould share that I am sick of the gas pains I have stocked up on Phzyme. Jenn said all her gas pains were gone soooo lucky me and the extra HOT AIR. As far as fills go I called around too yesterday and I am not sure where I am gonna go either. Jenn and I both own our own companies so this will be tricky... I will keep you guys posted. Jenn said she watched America's best steak :blink: why I dont know, but we both admitt the MIND hunger and really get the best of us.

Have a Great Weekend!! ><'

:) Hey Girls

Happy Friday! I thought Iwould share that I am sick of the gas pains I have stocked up on Phzyme. Jenn said all her gas pains were gone soooo lucky me and the extra HOT AIR. As far as fills go I called around too yesterday and I am not sure where I am gonna go either. Jenn and I both own our own companies so this will be tricky... I will keep you guys posted. Jenn said she watched America's best steak :blink: why I dont know, but we both admitt the MIND hunger and really get the best of us.

Have a Great Weekend!! ><'

HOWDY MCCRACKEN!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT HEAD HUNGER. I SAW A DONUT COMMERCIAL THE OTHER DAY AND GUESS WHAT I STARTED TO CRAVE? THAT IS RIGHT, A DARN DONUT. DAMN COMMERCIALS!!!

WHAT KIND OF COMPANIES DO YOU AND JENN OWN. I THINK IF YOU CAN WORK FOR YOU SELF, THAT IS TERRIFIC. IT IS HARD WORK, BUT I THINK IT IS WORTH IT IN THE END.

TAKE CARE, LISA :rolleyes:

I'm having soreness around the port area. :(

Speaking of donuts...a vendor came to the office bringing 2 boxes of Dunkin Donuts. Now, I'm a Krispy Kreme girl, but I just had to peek in the box. Darn it if I didn't end up eating the gooey filling out of THREE donuts! 2 lemon curd and one pastry cream. Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

The worse part is, I didn't even get sick, burped, have gas pains or feel restricted. :lb12: Where has my determination gone???

I'm having soreness around the port area. :(

Speaking of donuts...a vendor came to the office bringing 2 boxes of Dunkin Donuts. Now, I'm a Krispy Kreme girl, but I just had to peek in the box. Darn it if I didn't end up eating the gooey filling out of THREE donuts! 2 lemon curd and one pastry cream. Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

The worse part is, I didn't even get sick, burped, have gas pains or feel restricted. :lb12: Where has my determination gone???

"I forgive you for sinning my child".

Jena, you are resourceful. I never thought about eating the filling. I am not a huge donut filling person, but for a craving, the filling might not be too bad. Is it too thick for us to eat? I am glad that you did not have a problem with it and I am glad you got to feel restriction so you knew when to stop. I treated myself to two fudsicles for lunch today. I just made sure they melted in my mouth before swallowing. It was a nice change of pace.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am still having loose bowel trouble. It may be because I am adding in more milk products. Dr. Miranda had mentioned that we will be lactose intolerant for a while because of the antibiotics. I thought the liquid yougurt would of solved that. I have been drinking the non clumping fiber from the store too and that has helped. I hope I get regular soon! I probably will have trouble until I get to solid food.

I am glad to hear you and the other May 8th patients are well. That makes me happy.

PS, I bet your not the only one with a sore port. Mine is getting better, but it comes and goes.

~Lisa :beach:

Lisa,

I have the opposite problem and think I need to have more fruit juice undiluted to see if I can get regular but I don't want to go your direction either.

I am still having alot of problems with painful (burps or hicups) I can't tell which. I don't think it has anything to do with what I am or am not drinking because I get them when I drink and I get them when I wake up before I have had anything. Does anyone else have this and if so how long after surgery did it hurt?

Lisa,

I have the opposite problem and think I need to have more fruit juice undiluted to see if I can get regular but I don't want to go your direction either.

I am still having alot of problems with painful (burps or hicups) I can't tell which. I don't think it has anything to do with what I am or am not drinking because I get them when I drink and I get them when I wake up before I have had anything. Does anyone else have this and if so how long after surgery did it hurt?

Congrats on your 23 lb weight loss Valerie!!! =D>

I would try a little juice to get you regular. I would much rather go less than deal with what I am dealing with. I just think everyones body is different. Now I have not had any painful burps or hicups. When I do burp I sound like a man burping. It is a big burp from the depths of my soul. Maybe something warm to drink upon waking would help to comfort your band area so your burps and hicups won't hurt as much. Also, you are still healing, so maybe it is just part of your bodies healing process.

I hope everything else is going well for you and I wish you continued weight loss. I have loss about 8 lbs so far and am glad some of my pants are getting lose.

~Lisa ^_^

HOWDY MCCRACKEN!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT HEAD HUNGER. I SAW A DONUT COMMERCIAL THE OTHER DAY AND GUESS WHAT I STARTED TO CRAVE? THAT IS RIGHT, A DARN DONUT. DAMN COMMERCIALS!!!

WHAT KIND OF COMPANIES DO YOU AND JENN OWN. I THINK IF YOU CAN WORK FOR YOU SELF, THAT IS TERRIFIC. IT IS HARD WORK, BUT I THINK IT IS WORTH IT IN THE END.

TAKE CARE, LISA :rolleyes:

Hey Lisa,

:rolleyes: Donuts Huh???

Jenn... believe it or not owns a candy store, and my husband and I own a flooring/ cabinets ect. store. So other than donuts how ya feeling. I have my neck all screwed up and Jenn has a bad cold so we suck, but anyway we shall prevail.

Keep In Touch!!

BMAC

Hey guys hope you are all doing well. Sorry you and Jenn are sick Brenda. It's really hard to be sick when there are only certain things that you can have to feel better. I can hardly believe we are 10 days out. I feel no pain at all today for the very first time. I am enjoying my creamy soups (especially creamy potatoe). I can't wait until I am far enough out to have a good soak in the tub but I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my incisions they are all healing really well and once the bandaid goo is gone I think they are going to be barely noticeable.

Blessings!

I hope everyone is good (Jena, Mom12 and McCracken). It sounds like we are all doing our best to heal nicely and feel the best we can.

May we continue down the road of health, beauty and happiness.

Take care all,

Lisa ><'

OK any of you that want to let's do a June 20th banding. That is a Friday. I will try to fly in fairly early that day and probably spend at least one night. My preference is to spend the night in SD though and not have to get going quite so early the next am. Anyone up for that? I would also be up for renting a car and driving to the border so we are on our own schedule instead of OCC schedule. Hopefully we can coordinate this Jena and any others wanting to do so.