Gastric Bypass Sleeve???

If I do NOT go to Tijuana,MX, I have an option of going to a place within my home-state, and they are offering a GPSleeve...for the low, low price of approx. $9,999 or whatever. I know NOTHING about this, does anybody else??? I SO *TOTALLY* want to go OCC in MX, for the lapband, but my co-signer regarding this out of pocket financial procedure is giving me lots of flack. Life is REALLY SUCKING right now, and I am totally beside myself.

The best way to describe Vertical Gastric Banding (aka Gastric Sleeve) is that it is like a combo of the lap-band and gastric-bypass.. Here are some pics that should help show the differences in the 3 types of bariatic surgery:

(A.) Stomach before bariatric surgery. (B.) Stomach after Roux-en-Y (gastric bypass) procedure; food is redirected to the middle portion of the small intestine, limiting absorption of calories.

1403_f1.jpg

(C.) Adjustable gastric banding (The Lap Band) involves inserting an inflatable ring, usually laparoscopically, which can be adjusted via a subcutaneous access point.

1403_f3.jpg

(D.) Vertical banded gastroplasty (Gastric Sleeve) divides the stomach using staples and directs the food into a small pouch, limiting caloric intake.

1403_f2.jpg

Another member Anita (Allcdngirl) was going to have the sleeve procedure done but decided on the band instead, she was actually banded today so she may not be posting for a day or two but she should be back soon!

Here are 2 websites she mentioned in the past about the sleeve:

http://surgicallyslim.com/sleeve.htm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3...ric_sleeve.html

If I do NOT go to Tijuana,MX, I have an option of going to a place within my home-state, and they are offering a GPSleeve...for the low, low price of approx. $9,999 or whatever. I know NOTHING about this, does anybody else??? I SO *TOTALLY* want to go OCC in MX, for the lapband, but my co-signer regarding this out of pocket financial procedure is giving me lots of flack. Life is REALLY SUCKING right now, and I am totally beside myself.

I hope you find the procedure that's right for you. I chose Lapband because it is less invasive than other weight loss surgeries. I didn't want to cut or reroute my innerd's. Good luck and best wishes, Darlene