Getting Banded by Dr. Ortiz on June 10/08

Hello

I will be there till the 12th so hope to see you there, just start youre pre op now and you should be fine, Have you talked to Dr. Miranda yet? How much weight do you have to loose before the surgery. I have to loose 15lbs thats why I started the pre op last week. Good luck

Denise

oops, forgot to put the e-mail, shrty835@windstream.net

Denise

Hi Jann,

Thanks for writing back. I'm glad to see you'll be down in Mexico when I am,that I'm not the only one traveling alone.

I'll be at the clinic on the afternoon of the 9th. My surgery is on the 10th and I'll be staying at the Lucerna.

Hope I'll get a chance to meet up with you before you go home.

- Janet (1jmk)

I'm getting banded on June 12, pre ops on the 11th. I'm excited and can't wait but I seem to be gaining weight instead of loosing it - not good since I was told not to gain any weight under any circumstance! Good luck to all of you and I will be staying at the Lucerna until June 15.

I SO know what you must be going through. If you're like me, I eat when I'm nervous or if I'm worried, upset (or even happy). Just be really gentle with yourself right now. This is going to be a big change in your life and it can be really stressful. Just know there are people out there who know something of what you're going through and we're with you all the way. Hang in there. My thoughts are with you!

- Janet (1jmk)

P.S. Hope to see you there on the 11th. My surgery is on the 10th and I will still be there until the 12th. I will be staying at the Lucerna (apparently it has a nice swimming pool). Good Luck!

Hello

I will be there till the 12th so hope to see you there, just start youre pre op now and you should be fine, Have you talked to Dr. Miranda yet? How much weight do you have to loose before the surgery. I have to loose 15lbs thats why I started the pre op last week. Good luck

Denise

Sorry, Denise,

I'm still not sure what I'm doing on this website.

I reforwarded my message to Jann, where it belongs!

I have your email address and I'll be sending you a message next.

Talk to you later.

- Janet (1jmk)

Sorry, Denise,

I'm still not sure what I'm doing on this website.

I reforwarded my message to Jann, where it belongs!

I have your email address and I'll be sending you a message next.

Talk to you later.

- Janet (1jmk)

I'm meeting Denise down there same time! Let's all get together for a walk in the Mexican sun!

Welp, problem solved for another $450 in penalties, sheesh! My new arrival time is 20:08 or 8:08 on June 8th! See ya'll there! I leave on the 11th.

Back to work for me -- take care

Uhm, what a gong show, they changed my flight AGAIN so I now arrive 9:32 p.m. I'm quite frustrated right now.

I'll be going on June 9th/08

Surgery Date: Tuesday, June 10th

Return Home: Thursday, June 12th

I live in SD so I'm going to be pickup up in SD but I'm going alone. Makes me a little nervous but since I live dowtown SD I can always call my boyfriend to come down if needed.

Are you as nervous and excited as I am? I keep getting little waves of both!

Yikes.

-Ana

I realy want to stay at the Lucerna. I'm waiting to see what Lori says. ]

Denise

I am coming from Connecticut. Flying in the 8th, staying with my folks overnight, going to the airport at 9am on the 9th to be picked up and taken to the clinic. Done on the 12th, going to stay at the folks again for a couple of days before flying out. I have a girlfriend coming with me. What do you know about the different hotels and do we get a choice. The lucerna has a pool and camino real does not?? Anything else different?

Hey cfuture88

Welcome, so when is youre surgery. Where in Ct, I use to live in Danbury back in 85. Now I live in Texas. They have changed back to the Lucerna, much better hotel according to all other patients that have stayed there. They say that they also are better dealing with the needs of the patient, post op.

Oh yes, I'm going down to OCC to have my surgery done...I haven't been doing the diet Dr M sent through I've been following a similar one but not as strick...I'm losing weight so I figure that will suffice. I'm already down 9 lbs of the 10 I need to lose. Thanks for the well wished. Who will be doing your fills in Calgary?

Heather

I was just re-reading my posts and realized I forgot to mention who would be doing my fills. I already have an appointment for July 25th with Dr. DesCoteaux.

Hope this helps.

- Janet

Thanks for replying to my post. I'm so happy to hear you'll be going through the same thing on the 10th! That's truly exciting! I wish you the very best of luck with it and I really hope it works out for you.

I don't start my pre-op diet until 12 days before my surgery (I think that's about May 30th). I'm nervous about that because I know how to gain weight REALLY WELL, and I'm not so sure how to NOT gain weight and stay the same (the clinic I'm going to sent me all kinds of horror stories about the "evils" of gaining weight before starting on my pre-op diet).

In the interim, I've decided to make friends with my scale (somehow) and then not look at the screen (I can be in denial) when I'm suppose to (or some such thing)!?!! lol lol

Anyway, take care and I'll talk to you later.

Good luck with the pre-op diet!

- Janet (1jmk) B)

Hi Janet,

I start my pre-op this Tues, May 27 and I am starting to freak out...can I really do this..will I get headaches from the system change? Or be crusty (b*tchy)?

I am going to make a vegetable soup with all non-starch veggies to supplement the shakes. My sx recommended 4 Optifast shakes per day ( 900 calories), but I can skip a shake and have non-starch veggies. I figure the soup will help me feel like I can eat. LOL!!

I wish you much luck and be sure to let us know how you are doing...and I will too!!

Take Care Cathy