PRE-OP DIET

HELLO EVERYONE,

HAS ANYONE LOSS THERE 5% WEIGHTLOSS ON SHAKES ONLY & HOW SOON DID YOU START ?I WAS TOLDED 10DAYS BEFORE SURGERY .BUT I NEED TO LOSS 15 MORE POUNDS & ONLY HAVE 21DAYS LEFT .

I'VE CUT BACK ALOT .BUT NOT SURE IF I SHOULD DO SHAKES ONLY FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEK INORDER TO LOSS THE WEIGHT .HAS ANYONE FOLLOWED DIET FOR 3 WEEKS (ONLY SHAKES)?????

ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL

THANKS,

SLM

HELLO EVERYONE,

HAS ANYONE LOSS THERE 5% WEIGHTLOSS ON SHAKES ONLY & HOW SOON DID YOU START ?I WAS TOLDED 10DAYS BEFORE SURGERY .BUT I NEED TO LOSS 15 MORE POUNDS & ONLY HAVE 21DAYS LEFT .

I'VE CUT BACK ALOT .BUT NOT SURE IF I SHOULD DO SHAKES ONLY FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEK INORDER TO LOSS THE WEIGHT .HAS ANYONE FOLLOWED DIET FOR 3 WEEKS (ONLY SHAKES)?????

THANKS,

SLM

SLM,

My husband had to lose 20 lbs, and managed to do so. I lost 10.5 also using shakes. In addition, we took at least a 1 mile walk each day. Right near the end, we had stopped losing weight, so we took drastic measures in cutting our calorie intake to the minimum we could stand, about 250, but for only 1 day to break the plateau. My husband did shakes for 2 weeks, and me for 1. Hope this helps.

I did opti-fast for a couple of months about 4 years ago. I lost quite a bit of weight and actually liked the pre-made drinks and soup. My problem is that I have IBS, so if my intestines ever get 100% empty I tend to get cramps and pain. I'm not to the pre-op diet part yet, but I may have to throw in a couple of slices of bread and some applesauce each day just to keep stable.

HELLO EVERYONE,

THANKS,

SLM

If you are seeing Dr. Ortiz, have you had your telephone consultation with Dr. Miranda, the nutritionist at the Obesity Control Center? The diet of protein shakes and salad greens isn't really meant to be followed for more than a week and it does work. I lost 12.5lbs on the pre-op diet. I'd encourage you to call the nutritionist at the clinic you have chosen and see what the recommendations are. Chelley

If you are seeing Dr. Ortiz, have you had your telephone consultation with Dr. Miranda, the nutritionist at the Obesity Control Center? The diet of protein shakes and salad greens isn't really meant to be followed for more than a week and it does work. I lost 12.5lbs on the pre-op diet. I'd encourage you to call the nutritionist at the clinic you have chosen and see what the recommendations are. Chelley

I can't eat raw vegetables and lettuce is the worst... I wonder what I will end up eating!

I had problems with the lettuce and raw veggies on an empty stomach because of my IBS. I did mainly the protein shakes and I supplemented with Fiber, ok ok I did have some weight watchers fudgesicles too shhhh! :)

Just do the best you can. This is about more than losing some pounds before surgery. it is about shrinking the liver to make surgery go more smoothly.

Please contact me if you have any other questions.

I had problems with the lettuce and raw veggies on an empty stomach because of my IBS. I did mainly the protein shakes and I supplemented with Fiber, ok ok I did have some weight watchers fudgesicles too shhhh! :)

Just do the best you can. This is about more than losing some pounds before surgery. it is about shrinking the liver to make surgery go more smoothly.

Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Lori,

As someone with IBS, have you had any post-op attacks? How did you deal with them?

When my stomach goes south I tend to eat a lot of bread and applesauce or white rice. Obviously the bread and rice are out. Do you think melba toast or saltines would do the same thing?

Luckily I don't have attacks very often and may have them even less after the surgery, since it will be harder to eat the bad foods like that chocolate muffin that attacked me yesterday!!!