Surgery Scheduled for August 28th

Well, I pulled the trigger. As explained in my other thread, its going to be financed and expensive but I'm tired of putting things off in my life. NO MORE EXCUSES. I will have good health and for once, i'm going to be concerned with myself instead of everyone else!!

Anyone else going that day or during those days?

Well, I pulled the trigger. As explained in my other thread, its going to be financed and expensive but I'm tired of putting things off in my life. NO MORE EXCUSES. I will have good health and for once, i'm going to be concerned with myself instead of everyone else!!

I noticed in your profile that you are only 4 days older then me - we will be going through this journey at about the same point in our lives. I have yet to set a surgery date (still working on getting an appointment to go visit the clinic), but am hopeful it will be sometime befor my next birthday :)

I noticed in your profile that you are only 4 days older then me - we will be going through this journey at about the same point in our lives.

WoW, thats cool!

I wanted to get it done asap. I'm such a procrastinator and something snapped in me, so I had the surgery set as early as possible for me so that I won't put it off LOL.

mystermachine,

I have the same surgery date - I am flying in Sunday night from Virginia. Like you I had to finance the surgery. I was lucky to be able to use my DH car as security so we got a little bit of a break on the rate. I figure in the long run it is worth the money. Besides, every one says you save on your food budget after being banded, let's hope so (lol). I look forward to seeing you down there. I am excited to find someone with the same surgery date as myself. :D

mystermachine,

I have the same surgery date - I am flying in Sunday night from Virginia. Like you I had to finance the surgery. I was lucky to be able to use my DH car as security so we got a little bit of a break on the rate. I figure in the long run it is worth the money. Besides, every one says you save on your food budget after being banded, let's hope so (lol). I look forward to seeing you down there. I am excited to find someone with the same surgery date as myself. :D

WOOHOO, i was hopin to see someone down there from this forum. I haven't gotten my travel arrangements yet but i'll post em when I do have them. I'm coming in from Colorado.

WOOHOO, i was hopin to see someone down there from this forum. I haven't gotten my travel arrangements yet but i'll post em when I do have them. I'm coming in from Colorado.

I used to live in Colorado Springs, love the State. Hope you have luck with your travel arrangments. I don't arrive until 7:30pm I have no idea how long it will take to meet up with the driver and get to the hotel. I think I am more nervous about that part than the surgery (lol). I will be making the trip alone, so I am a little nervous about the traveling part.

I used to live in Colorado Springs, love the State. Hope you have luck with your travel arrangments. I don't arrive until 7:30pm I have no idea how long it will take to meet up with the driver and get to the hotel. I think I am more nervous about that part than the surgery (lol). I will be making the trip alone, so I am a little nervous about the traveling part.

Lanie,

Don't know if you've traveled to San Diego or not, but the airport is a breeze to get through. Your driver can meet you at the other side of security, usually by bagage claim.

I only live 5 miles from the airport and know the area fairly well. If it gets close to your date and you're nervous, Let me know!

Lanie,

Don't know if you've traveled to San Diego or not, but the airport is a breeze to get through. Your driver can meet you at the other side of security, usually by bagage claim.

I only live 5 miles from the airport and know the area fairly well. If it gets close to your date and you're nervous, Let me know!

Littleroo

Thank You - I appreciate the support. I admit I am a little nervous of the "hand off" from airport to driver, though the OCC assures me they haven't lost anyone yet :lol: .

Littleroo

Thank You - I appreciate the support. I admit I am a little nervous of the "hand off" from airport to driver, though the OCC assures me they haven't lost anyone yet :lol: .

Well, for both of you, I always have Monday off for my 2nd job, so if either of you are coming down alone and want someone to hang out with or just help you navigate the airport, let me know :-D

I know you will pretty much be going to the hospital and then to the hotel - most likely to have a panic attack before falling asleep (okay, that's MY plan!), but if you do want someone around to bug, I'm here!!!

Well, for both of you, I always have Monday off for my 2nd job, so if either of you are coming down alone and want someone to hang out with or just help you navigate the airport, let me know :-D

I know you will pretty much be going to the hospital and then to the hotel - most likely to have a panic attack before falling asleep (okay, that's MY plan!), but if you do want someone around to bug, I'm here!!!

Cool, thanks!

I used to live there, well was stationed on Camp Pendleton while I was in the marines back in 1999/2000 so I am pretty familiar with the area. But, who knows what it looks like now!

Mystery Machine and Lanie

I am also scheduled for the 28th. I can't wait. I am little older than you guys, 31, almost 32, and I have struggled for so long. I admire you guys for doing it sooner. I sure wish I had. I too am financing. Thankfully, my husband is in grad school, so he can get a student loan to pay for this. Makes a much better rate. I can't wait to meet you both in a few weeks.

Are you traveling alone or bringing a loved one. I am leaving my husband at home to take care of three kids, otherwise I would worry about them too much. A cousin will be meeting me in San Diego to go with me.

Again, can't wait to meet you.

Becki

Hey there... I'm from Colorado (Longmont area) and I'm a week behind you. Sugery date scheduled for 9/7 Maybe we can coordinate fill trips if you go to Tijuana

Talk later

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

MM - I am so excited for you! Keep us posted. I am going in on Thursday and would love to hear about your LB experience.

Take care and good luck!!

Michelle

Michelle, I've posted on a few other topics the same thing as i'm going to tell you here, so sorry for the redundancy if anyone else reads these. We all made it through great! It was a breeze. I was in a bit more pain waking up than the others but they quickly provided meds for me and we've been walking around and feeling much better. The staff here is outstanding and very kind. For once in my life, i felt comfortable being in a hospital/clinic.

You will enjoy your stay here, its quite nice :)

Good luck when you get here!

Michelle,

Don't be nervous. I just had it done today. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It has been the easiest life change I have made yet. The staff and facilities are incredible. I am loving the experience, and I will love my new life afterward.

Becki

Hey fellow bandster birthday friends.

Just curious how you were doing. Lanie, have you had problems with pbing much? I think I saw you on another board asking about that, and I talked to you in Tijuana about that. Dave, how are your incisions. I've been thinking and worrying about you alot. I would love to hear how it is going. I am doing pretty well, but have some questions about the diet that maybe you guys could help with. Does anything change on day 8??? I thought it did, but know I don't know. I thought since you were there the same day, maybe Dr. Miranda said the same things to you.

Anyway, hope you are all healing well.

Becki

Hey fellow bandster birthday friends.

Just curious how you were doing. Lanie, have you had problems with pbing much? I think I saw you on another board asking about that, and I talked to you in Tijuana about that. Dave, how are your incisions. I've been thinking and worrying about you alot. I would love to hear how it is going. I am doing pretty well, but have some questions about the diet that maybe you guys could help with. Does anything change on day 8??? I thought it did, but know I don't know. I thought since you were there the same day, maybe Dr. Miranda said the same things to you.

Anyway, hope you are all healing well.

Becki

My incisions are looking better day by day!! Thanks for asking.

Im curious about what is acceptable on day 8, 10 ect also. I've had a craving for a smoothie lately and im not even sure if that'll be allowed on day 10. I can't wait till this broth stuff is over, im REALLY hungry hahah

How are YOU doing Becki?

Dave,

I am doing awesome!!! I love this surgery. My incisions look like little cuts. The glue is slowly wearing off. I hate broth, but I will get through. The biggest thing that has helped me is getting on the scale several times a day. It make the broth worth it. I am down 19 pounds since the pre-op diet. I feel great, my family says they can tell a difference. I am just kind of confused about the post-op diet. I really don't understand when things change. I know that tomato soup is not until day 10. I already am on the liquid yogurt, but I sure thought we got to have the soup on day 8. Are we off of clear liquids on day 8? Can I have some V8 juice? And do we just eat fat free soups with no chunks the rest of the time? I wish there was a little more information on the post-op diet. When do we get milk??

Anyway, I am doing great, and very glad to hear you are healing well now. I'm doing great, just confused.

Becki

Dave,

I am doing awesome!!! I love this surgery. My incisions look like little cuts. The glue is slowly wearing off. I hate broth, but I will get through. The biggest thing that has helped me is getting on the scale several times a day. It make the broth worth it. I am down 19 pounds since the pre-op diet. I feel great, my family says they can tell a difference. I am just kind of confused about the post-op diet. I really don't understand when things change. I know that tomato soup is not until day 10. I already am on the liquid yogurt, but I sure thought we got to have the soup on day 8. Are we off of clear liquids on day 8? Can I have some V8 juice? And do we just eat fat free soups with no chunks the rest of the time? I wish there was a little more information on the post-op diet. When do we get milk??

Anyway, I am doing great, and very glad to hear you are healing well now. I'm doing great, just confused.

Becki

I have the same questions. Do you have the little paper that Dr. Miranda gave us? That broke it down but it was too general. Maybe Lori or Chelley will chime in!

Dave,

I do have that paper, I have studied it, but it was very general. And I like specifics. I posted a new topic asking some of my questions. I hope someone answers, and soon.

Becki

I have Dr. Ortiz' book at home, which has specific info about the post-op recomendations. Would it help either of you to type up a little blurb from that?