August Surgery Patients

If you have an August surgery date... you can support each other here... maybe even plan to meet on surgery day.

Disclaimer: While this board is generally a safe place, please use caution when coordinating travel/meetings with other patients.[/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI EVERYONE MY NAME IS SHERRY & MY SURGERY DATE IS 8/11/06 . HOPE TO MEET SOMEONE HAVING SURGEY AROUND THIS TIME .ARRIVING 8/10/06 ABOUT 11AM . GOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON YOUR NEW & BETTER YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLM

WASHINGTON STATE HERE ALSO, SURGERY ON THE 17th. I TALKED A FRIEND INTO COMING DOWN AND HAVING SURGERY ALSO. WELL, I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT MUCH TALKING ;) LOL

:lol:

I just had a vision of this conversation.

"Hey, what do you have going on for the 17th of August?"

"Nothing much. Whats up?"

"Wanna go have surgery in Tijuana with me?"

"Sure, I'm not doing anything else that day"

HAHA

WASHINGTON STATE HERE ALSO, SURGERY ON THE 17th. I TALKED A FRIEND INTO COMING DOWN AND HAVING SURGERY ALSO. WELL, I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT MUCH TALKING ;) LOL

Hey Pammie, where in Washington are you from? I'm in Tacoma. I wish I could have had the surgery earlier, just too much going on. Do you know of any support groups in Washington, just curious.

Hello August Banditos! My date is August 25th, and I'm just wondering why I decided to do it at the end of the month instead of at the beginning!! Getting nervous and excited, worried and elated. What an emotional roller coaster ride! :blink: I am from Oregon, my DH and I will be flying down on Thursday and I will be having surgery on Friday--going home Sunday the 27th. So far it looks like I'm the only one on this forum who will be there then. Anyone else? Buuuuelllerrr? Buuuelllerrr? :D

Hey Pammie,

I too live in Renton, Washington. My surgery is on the 23rd. Where do you live in washington?

HOWDY LADIES,

I KNOW OF NO LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS. THAT'S WHY I TALKED MY FRIEND INTO DOING IT ALSO. AT LEAST I'VE GOT HER LOL OUR CONVERSATION DID GO SOMETHING LIKE THAT LOL :P

SHE LIVES IN FEDERAL WAY, I LIVE ON THE WEST HILL OF AUBURN, ALMOST A FEDERAL WAY ADDRESS

WHEN WE GET BACK FROM MEXICO, WE'LL HAVE TO GET TOGETHER FOR COFFEE AS IT SEEMS THERE ARE SEVERAL OF US LOCALS.

Hey there! I start my one week of liquids tomorrow so tonight my family and I are going out to the Olive Garden. I am going to eat so much bread and pasta it's sickening!! :P After that, my friends and I are going out to drink ALOT of beer! I hate to say goodbye to my dearly beloved Coors Light---and to my beloved Diet Coke as well; but after the hang-over I am going to have tomorrow I'm sure I'll be more than ready! Here's to hoping I can make it!

:wacko: (that's what I'm going to look like tomorrow morning!) lol

Tizzy --

I have my surgery on Monday, August 21 and have been on the pre-op diet all week. I like beer, too, and Friday and Saturday night will be the hardest! I can't remember the last time I didn't have a beer on the weekend. I have been trying out wines over the last few weeks but nothing's more satisfying than a cold one on a hot day.

The second day was the hardest for me because my body finally realized that it wasn't getting real food. I kept a killer headache all day but was better by the evening when I ate some "greens". The rest of the week has been livable but the Soylent Green was starting to look good last night. : )

Stay busy and the week will fly by. At least it has for me!

Pat in Arkansas

Tizzy --

I have my surgery on Monday, August 21 and have been on the pre-op diet all week. I like beer, too, and Friday and Saturday night will be the hardest! I can't remember the last time I didn't have a beer on the weekend. I have been trying out wines over the last few weeks but nothing's more satisfying than a cold one on a hot day.

The second day was the hardest for me because my body finally realized that it wasn't getting real food. I kept a killer headache all day but was better by the evening when I ate some "greens". The rest of the week has been livable but the Soylent Green was starting to look good last night. : )

Stay busy and the week will fly by. At least it has for me!

Pat in Arkansas

Hi Becky and Trizzy,

good luck on your pre-op diets. I have 6 days till surgery!!!

Hey Pammie,

Hope your feeling of.

Beth

Hi everyone, I was banded Aug 10th. Anyone there that day I'd love to hear from you. Susan??

Hey Susan,

I haven't been banded yet. I go in next Wednesday.

Would you be willing to share how you did after surgery? Any bloating? Still sore? How sore? Need any meds? Sorry so many questons; I'm feeling nervous.

Beth

Hey there!

Enjoy olive garden but you'll be able to eat there again, you know! Yeah you do have to say goodbye to that beer and diet coke but beer wasn't a big deal for me but diet orange soda was a very dear friend - don't really miss it at all except on really hot or thirsty days! Good luck with all.

Hey there! I start my one week of liquids tomorrow so tonight my family and I are going out to the Olive Garden. I am going to eat so much bread and pasta it's sickening!! :P After that, my friends and I are going out to drink ALOT of beer! I hate to say goodbye to my dearly beloved Coors Light---and to my beloved Diet Coke as well; but after the hang-over I am going to have tomorrow I'm sure I'll be more than ready! Here's to hoping I can make it!

:wacko: (that's what I'm going to look like tomorrow morning!) lol

I know what you guys mean - once its scheduled it really makes it more real. You will be fine so try not to worry - once you get there you'll meet the other patients and probably bond pretty quickly which will help. everything runs pretty quickly and before you know it you'll be walking around after surgery going man, that wasn't so bad....then the fun really begins.

Try to eat as healthy as possible before surgery and try to start eating smaller portions and taking small bites and chew chew chew - believe me this will help you afterwards. Good lluck.

Hi! I'm also booked for the 31st. I just made the call to Rene. I'm kind of freaking out. I've been researching this for 7 months and now it's here!