August Surgery Patients

MM--good luck with your surgery! All will go well, NO FEAR!

For everyone--Francisco meets you at the baggage claim with a sign with your name and Dr. Ortiz on it. he is really nice! Going back over the border was a breeze!! No wait for us--and all they did was check for our drivers license!

Keep up the good work with the liquid diet!! I think it really helped for after--the only clear liquids for a week thing!! Although, after the surgery you really just aren't hungry, I just get thirsty!!!

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MM--good luck with your surgery! All will go well, NO FEAR!

For everyone--Francisco meets you at the baggage claim with a sign with your name and Dr. Ortiz on it. he is really nice! Going back over the border was a breeze!! No wait for us--and all they did was check for our drivers license!

Keep up the good work with the liquid diet!! I think it really helped for after--the only clear liquids for a week thing!! Although, after the surgery you really just aren't hungry, I just get thirsty!!!

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

Woohooo! We all made it through just fine. There were 4 or 5 of us that had it done today without complications. This is a great bunch of people at the clinic. ABSOLUTELY no complaints or worries!

MM - Glad to hear all went well! Congrats on entering Bandland! Keep us posted on your progress.

I will be leaving tomorrow for TJ and surgery will be Thursday. Say a prayer for me, please. I am both excited and nervous.

Claire and Catherine - see you on Thursday!! :D

Take care,

Michelle

MM - Glad to hear all went well! Congrats on entering Bandland! Keep us posted on your progress.

I will be leaving tomorrow for TJ and surgery will be Thursday. Say a prayer for me, please. I am both excited and nervous.

Claire and Catherine - see you on Thursday!! :D

Take care,

Michelle

Michelle, well it won't be long now and we will be fellow banders. I am keeping all of us in my prayers for safe journeys, successful surgeries, and fast recovery's. I am looking forward to seeing all of you either tonight or tomorrow, and Mexico. It will be my first time there. I like you have mixed emotions of both nervous and excited, which is probably par for the course for everyone who goes through this. Excited :lol: because we know we finally will have the tool to lose and keep the weight off for a healthier life, and nervous :( because we are also going into unknown territory of changing life long habits.

See you soon,

Catherine

Hi Bab,

if you are a really fast healer, you might not feel much restriction now. You might be ready for your first fill closer to 4 weeks rather than 6 weeks. We tell patients that 4 - 6 weeks after surgery you'll need your first fill. You are 3 weeks out, so you might want to schedule your fill just after your 4 week mark

....additional comments - OK Rene at the clinic told me its 6-8 weeks for a fill... so scratch that 4 week mark stuf, I was misinformed - sorry!.

HI!

I'm Michele and I live in Mill Creek! Not far up the 405 from you.

As I type this letter, you might be in the van getting a ride to the clinic. Have a great time. Relax. Sleep.

Enjoy your new friends at the clinic...both employees and your fellow lapbanders. You have a special bond with the people who are having surgery today now. Well, I did. I keep in touch with one of my same day surgery buddies from Alabama and we talk/email almost every day. And just today, another one of my same day surgery buddies emailed me from New York! It's great. I love the support.

If you'd like....we can start a support group in WA. I'm all for it. In fact when you're up to it, email me and I'll host the first get together. Let's invite the gals from Auburn and Federal Way and I believe a man that's local who is having surgery Sept 8th!

Take care and be good to yourself.

Michele

mp6666@hotmail.com

I guess I should have wrote "Hi Bethy" in that email.... :o

If mommyrkr, Bethy, Pammie and Pammie's friend want to keep in touch....please do.

Michele

Hello Michele,

Just going thru and reading old posts. I never came across this one until tonigh. I would love to get together with others. By the way, las night I was reading on line and another Bethy was signed on. I didn't relize two could sign with the same logon.

Beth

• 2 months later...

:rolleyes:

WASHINGTON STATE HERE ALSO, SURGERY ON THE 17th. I TALKED A FRIEND INTO COMING DOWN AND HAVING SURGERY ALSO. WELL, I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT MUCH TALKING ;) LOL

Hi I'm Jan, I had surgery 9/18/06 and my 1st fill 11/4/06. I'm also from washington state. I live in Belfair. I would love to hear how everyone is doing.

Jan

Hey Jan,

I am Becki, I am in Lakewood, south of Tacoma. I had surgery on August 28th. (You could read about it in the newly banded section, banded Aug 28th, if you want) My first fill on October 24th. I am doing very well. As of this morning, I have lost 35 pounds. I have not pb'ed yet, but have been stuck several times. I am eating 1/3 or about 3/4 of a cup at a time. I feel great, except that because of my lack of drinking after surgery, I have kidney stones that are very painful.

How are things going for you? The best way to catch up with people from Washington might be on the Washington Bandsters posts. We met for dinner about a month ago.

Love to hear from you.

Becki