Pre-op.. I'm Freaking out

Hey guys how is everyone..? Ok I started my pre-op diet this week and have done ok. I've lost 4 pounds. I have 17 more days before I go to OCC and I need to lose 8 more!! CAN I DO IT?? I went to the pharmacy and looked into fat burners etc, the pharmacist really frowned upon those type of things so I just got the Chromium Picolinate as stated by OCC. I know those 4 lbs were just water,, I am drinking soooo much and peeing my way through the day. At this point I am envious of my two year old in her diapers!! Ha ha!! I swim everyday and am wondering does anyone else have any tips..? Any of you that have been there what happens if you don't lose the amount they told you? DO they send you home??? I am just freaking a little bit,, thanks for listening.. :wacko:

17 days left? You can lose those 8 pounds and more! Did Dr. Miranda give you a diet to follow? Just stick with that and you won't have any problems.

One thing I would suggest you add is fiber. I love this stuff http://www.fiberchoice.com/ They taste like big sweet tarts. The weight management one is my least favorite, go figure. Anyway, it gives you 2 g of fiber per tablet. Some days I take 2 and some days 4 depending on how much fiber I get from my food. You should be getting 25-30g per DAY! If you eat enough fiber, you won't pee as much because some of the water is going to your colon.

The Special K Protein Water is fantastic. It has 5g of protein and 5g of fiber. The bottles are expensive unless you find them on sale, but they also make packets you can put in a 16 oz. bottle of plain water.

Good luck! You can do it for sure.

Jena

Jena is so right, you'll do fine! You’ve lost 4 pounds in a week and have over two and a half weeks to loose 8 more! No worries just work hard and keep to the program! And don't take any fat burners or anything that wasn't recommended by the OCC - they may cancel your surgery for that. (Some OTC diet pills can cause problems during surgery so be careful to listen to Dr. Miranda)

You’re going to loose the weight – and we all freak out about it – haven’t seen a posting about someone getting cancelled due to not loosing! Seems that when the time comes we get it done!

I’m so excited for you!!

Congrats and keep up the great work!

Lisa

Thanks girls I am doing option 2 off the paper work Carolyn sent me.. IT IS SOOOOOO HARD!! I have 3 teenagers and a baby that all they do is eat and eat..Snack, snack snack!! My Hubby has turned into a lesser version of Wolfgang Puck, he cooks all the time and is an avid food show network junkie!! I went and got the Protein water how much can have a day.? I thought I read two a day. I love the strawberry/Kiwi, I bought the bottles and the packet things that mixes with water. I am also using the sugar free popcycles and SF Jello. This is maddening!! I think I will go swimming to keep my mind occupied.. I guess the best I can do is just ask everyone to support me and allow me to be a little B!@#%Y. I have to look forward to the shopping and how everything is gonna fit me,, right? :blink:[/font]

I was in the same boat acouple a weeks ago, stick to youre diet and you will be fine. I had to lose 15 lbs and I got stuck at only 8 and I got realy stressed out. I got to the OCC and by that time I was down 14. Everything went well. Just keep working at it and you will do it.

You are doing great so far and are off to a great start, just keep on doing what you are doing and you will do fine. I too have a housefull of teens and know what that can be like....Junk Food Heaven! Just stick to what you know you can have and you will be fine. I was surprised at how fast the weight came off for the pre-op.

Hey Denise- you made it home Okay? how are you doing. Nice meeting you. and hope to talk to you again.

Im great how about you? It was a bummpie ride back home but other wise im ok. Not even hungry, can you believe that. Just alot of burping, and swelling, but that should go down also. I'm so glad to have met you.

Guest cedartown

Crack the whip on the hubbie & tell him to get with the program. :ph34r:

I too notice all the physical things,like every commercial on tv is either for food or cars.

Thanks so much you guys.. I just have been so disappointed because I am a gastric bypass casualty.. Highest weight was 330 down to 150 back up to 255 well minus the 4 lbs this week of course!! So this is my last chance to do well. It is very crazy since my stomach has NO restriction what so ever and I can eat as much as anyone..The bypass was done open and was very painful!! Difficult to recover from. I am so anxious about this lap band as I didn't want my insides re-routed again like I did for my last surgery which was in Sept of 2001. Every American Dr. I consulted wanted to take more out and re-route this and that,, then I heard of the Lap Band and found Dr. O. He was wonderful to talk to!!

NO ONE in my family is heavy except my second cousin Geraldine, whom I have never met, but seeing pictures of her, I look just like her. Isn't that strange? My Mom is 4'11" 95 lbs and my Dad is 6'1' maybe 190. For some reason I was given this curse and I am sort of haunted!! I have a spinner bike my kids got me for Mother's Day so I am using that, and not for a clothes rack either!! haha.. Thanks for the "blow by blow" it was very helpful as I am a Cardiovascular Technologist myself and I see how awful the hospitals are here in the states. Being on the technical side of the fence we see a lot of the unsanitary environments people are subjected to. One of my best friends got banded in TJ in Jan and she was treated like a queen, as well as the cleanliness of the place.. She is in the medical feild as well and very cynical, she was IMPRESSED!! Til' next time Ladies and Gents.. I will calm down and take it easy.

Thank you again guys this is such a great site.... XO Lisa

What happened with Gastric bypass?

Hey Cedar,

Well I am not 100% sure what has happend with the gastric bypass, but I do know this,, I can eat what ever I want, I apparently absorb everything as well since I have gainned weight. I found with other GP patients that after a few years we can eat what ever we want. That is what has happend to me, it is humiliating!! I got married, had a baby, but I can't blame that I only gained 20lbs (and lost) with the baby. The Dr. here had me do testing and showed that the in/out going stoma had widened. So I can eat just about anything. SO the entire surgery is pointless. Its like pouring liquid down a pipe. So when I came across Dr. Ortiz at OCC Lap Band over gastric bypass I was happy and felt much more less of a failure. I just wish that the lap band was around back when I had my surgery to start.

It puts you sort of into a depression gaining all that weight back. I guess at least I didn't go all the way back up. I know a lot of people are doing well with bypass and that is good for them. I also have had significant problems with anemia and absorption of the b vits (It is all now resolved) and my teeth,, I guess the bypass does something that makes the teeth decay, horrible results because of that. I have great dental hygiene and had 3 cavities in my entire life,, last year I went to the Dentist and had 17 cavities total with all my visits since..So I have to use mouth sprays at night. Of course I get checked every 6 months, there is always a new one popping up! I am dry mouthed a lot at night. I went to a meeting and they were talking about how bad the teeth get after that surgery. eeek!!

So here's hoping to a thinner future and I appreciate everyones comments!! Thank You so much !!! Lisa

I was in the same boat acouple a weeks ago, stick to youre diet and you will be fine. I had to lose 15 lbs and I got stuck at only 8 and I got realy stressed out. I got to the OCC and by that time I was down 14. Everything went well. Just keep working at it and you will do it.

I never did see you at the clinic. :lb12: How are you doing?

Hey Denise- you made it home Okay? how are you doing. Nice meeting you. and hope to talk to you again.

How are you doing? Hope to meet you again someday. It was fun.

Hey Cedar,

Well I am not 100% sure what has happend with the gastric bypass, but I do know this,, I can eat what ever I want, I apparently absorb everything as well since I have gainned weight. I found with other GP patients that after a few years we can eat what ever we want. That is what has happend to me, it is humiliating!! I got married, had a baby, but I can't blame that I only gained 20lbs (and lost) with the baby. The Dr. here had me do testing and showed that the in/out going stoma had widened. So I can eat just about anything. SO the entire surgery is pointless. Its like pouring liquid down a pipe. So when I came across Dr. Ortiz at OCC Lap Band over gastric bypass I was happy and felt much more less of a failure. I just wish that the lap band was around back when I had my surgery to start.

It puts you sort of into a depression gaining all that weight back. I guess at least I didn't go all the way back up. I know a lot of people are doing well with bypass and that is good for them. I also have had significant problems with anemia and absorption of the b vits (It is all now resolved) and my teeth,, I guess the bypass does something that makes the teeth decay, horrible results because of that. I have great dental hygiene and had 3 cavities in my entire life,, last year I went to the Dentist and had 17 cavities total with all my visits since..So I have to use mouth sprays at night. Of course I get checked every 6 months, there is always a new one popping up! I am dry mouthed a lot at night. I went to a meeting and they were talking about how bad the teeth get after that surgery. eeek!!

So here's hoping to a thinner future and I appreciate everyones comments!! Thank You so much !!! Lisa

Wow, talk about an excellent story to support Lap Band vs. Gastric Bypass!!

I am sorry the bypass didn't work for you, but if you follow the guidelines, the band will!

Best of luck!

Cathy

Hey Cedar,

Well I am not 100% sure what has happend with the gastric bypass, but I do know this,, I can eat what ever I want, I apparently absorb everything as well since I have gainned weight. I found with other GP patients that after a few years we can eat what ever we want. That is what has happend to me, it is humiliating!! I got married, had a baby, but I can't blame ,

<clip>

One of my staff was just telling me this afternoon about a lady she worked with at her last office that had a bypass, dropped a ton in nine months and promptly put it all back and more. I hear that more and more. She stopped by to pick up the rest of the Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, LA Diet, Atkins and on and on and on stuff that I had left over from my WAY TOO MANY ATTEMPTS at WL. I took them to the Food Bank and they refused them. LOL!

Just think, soon you will be banded and the world (with a lot of behaviour modification) will be right again. Onward and upward m'dear!

BTW

One of my staff was just telling me this afternoon about a lady she worked with at her last office that had a bypass, dropped a ton in nine months and promptly put it all back and more. I hear that more and more. She stopped by to pick up the rest of the Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, LA Diet, Atkins and on and on and on stuff that I had left over from my WAY TOO MANY ATTEMPTS at WL. I took them to the Food Bank and they refused them. LOL!

Just think, soon you will be banded and the world (with a lot of behaviour modification) will be right again. Onward and upward m'dear!

BTW

YES that is what happend to me I dropped 160 lbs in nine months, even my skin didn't look that bad,,, well except my arms. I was pretty happy, HOWEVER~~~~ it started back coming on about 2-3 years in.. I did the same thing went to Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem (have a ton of left overs in the pantry)... It didn't matter.. I needed behaivoral modification.. I have been seeing someone for that which seems pretty good,, but like I said being able to pour water down a drain is very difficult to overcome..I am going to do this!! I am determined. I just can't wait!! Hope to meet some of you when I am there!!

You'll do fine on the pre op, just stay strong and hang in there with us! I waited to start my pre op diet, they told me 10 days and that I needed to lose 10 pounds....I started at 8 days and have only lost 4 so far with only 6.3 days to go. I have had the same worries and it is stressing me out too!!!

Thanks to Cathy I know now that what is probably hurting me the most is the massive amounts of Diet Coke and the minimal amount of water that I am drinking. Tomorrow is a new day and I will nix the Diet Coke and supplement it with crystal light... I hate water so don't think I'll be able to do just plain old water by itself.

You have a very interesting background story and know that we are all here for you if you need support and assistance! :D

You'll do fine on the pre op, just stay strong and hang in there with us! I waited to start my pre op diet, they told me 10 days and that I needed to lose 10 pounds....I started at 8 days and have only lost 4 so far with only 6.3 days to go. I have had the same worries and it is stressing me out too!!!

Thanks to Cathy I know now that what is probably hurting me the most is the massive amounts of Diet Coke and the minimal amount of water that I am drinking. Tomorrow is a new day and I will nix the Diet Coke and supplement it with crystal light... I hate water so don't think I'll be able to do just plain old water by itself.

You have a very interesting background story and know that we are all here for you if you need support and assistance! :D

You'll thank yourself, hun, for ditching the soda. I hear the withdrawals can be pretty rough after your banded. Now is a good time. I've never really been a pop drinker but the pantry is always stocked with C.L. in every flavour and ice tea is always in the fridge.

I grew up with a family of Diet Coke drinkers..... think my parents even gave me Diet Coke in my baby bottle! ;) It's not going to be easy but if I can quit smoking for this surgery then giving up Diet Coke should be a walk in the park!

Im great how about you? It was a bummpie ride back home but other wise im ok. Not even hungry, can you believe that. Just alot of burping, and swelling, but that should go down also. I'm so glad to have met you.

I am starving. Started feeling like shit- drank two of the protein bullets and feel a lot better now. the burping is driving me nuts and the intestinal gas is now manageable.

I am starving. Started feeling like shit- drank two of the protein bullets and feel a lot better now. the burping is driving me nuts and the intestinal gas is now manageable.

Sorry to hear that! I haven't burped not even once and the other end is still sleeping as well. I can feel the gas rumbling but it's not appearing to go anywhere. Every now and again I get a twinge in my left shoulder right at the neck but it's manageable. Gonna start introducing some Benefiber tomorrow in my coffee I think. I can't have protein until Monday but I'm looking forward to it!