New Flight Restrictions

As I'm sure you have all heard by now, the airlines are now requiring you to throw away all liquids before boarding flights unless you put it in your checked luggage. This does include OTC pain relievers!!! I have seen a lot of people on this board mention liquid tylenol and though I would suggest that you ask the doctor for a prescription version so that they will let you take it on the plane with you.

Nothing worse then being half way through your flight and hitting turbulance with no drugs, lol.

If you do have OTC stuff, get an official doctor's note stating that it is a necessary thing for you to have on the plane.

Guest ladybug

Hi, Littleroo,

I have been watching this closely today as my surgery date is getting closer. I believe you can take liquids, ie liquid Tylenol, hair products, (even toothpaste is now to be in checked luggage) if it is in checked baggage, not carry on.

ladybug

Nothing worse then being half way through your flight and hitting turbulance with no drugs, lol.

True!

Dr. Ortiz does give you 4 Supradol's (sublingual) upon discharge from the clinic. This should be plenty to get you home - so you can leave the liquid Tylenol at home. If you have a long flight, I would suggest you take the Supradol at boarding - you'll probably end up sleeping most of the way! Since I'm from California, I just took mine as we left the hotel and i really had no pain all the way home (and 2 hours in line at the border) what did hurt was watching my husband eat the freshly made churros and all I could do was smell 'em!

I received an email from Delta about my flight in Sept. They said that non prescription medication is allowed if it is a medical necessity. So I guess its best to call your airline and see exactly what they mean by that. I know they are talking about insulin but if the Dr. says it is necessary maybe you can take the tylenol. Nita

I am at the Lucerna for one more night (bandday 3). You can get all basic toiletries here. There is also a 24-hour convenience store across the street from the hotel. I brought liquid tylenol with me, but have only used it once. I haven't resorted to the Supradol at all. Went to Seaworld today with DH...tons of walking. A bit tired now, but doing great. Not hungry...have taken 2 days to drink 2/3rds of a Gastorade! LOL! The Lucerna makes great chicken broth, too. BTW...Hot baths help with any discomfort too. :D

I am at the Lucerna for one more night (bandday 3). You can get all basic toiletries here. There is also a 24-hour convenience store across the street from the hotel. I brought liquid tylenol with me, but have only used it once. I haven't resorted to the Supradol at all. Went to Seaworld today with DH...tons of walking. A bit tired now, but doing great. Not hungry...have taken 2 days to drink 2/3rds of a Gastorade! LOL! The Lucerna makes great chicken broth, too. BTW...Hot baths help with any discomfort too. :D

I THINK I'D LEAVE THE TYLENOL THERE RATHER THEN HASSLE WITH TSA OVER IT UNLESS YOU'VE GOT IT PACKED IN YOUR CHECKED LUGGAGE

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION :) SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DOING GREAT!!!

HEAR I THOUGHT I'D TRY AND BRING A COUPLE BOTTLES OF SOMETHING GOOD BACK HOME WITH ME :( LOL MAYBE NEXT TRIP

Guest ladybug

Congratulations, Seabreeze!!

How wonderful, you have this over and can concentrate on your new, healthy lifestyle. I don't dread the post-op period, well, maybe gas, but that if that is as bad as it gets I can accept that. How did you get to Seaworld? Did you take a cab, bus, trolley? Thanks for the update and the info on the convenience store. I think I will leave the liquid Tylenol at home, too.

ladybug

I just read the NEW restrictions for carry on items and now it is saying you can carry up to 4 oz of non prescription meds... ie tylenol. It would be nice to have it handy just incase you need it , especially if you have a long flight going back home...

Of couse as I said these are the NEW restrictins and they could change again tomorrow...

Good luck to all going early September.. I am not scheduled till the end of the month.. Keep us informed on how things are going.

Guest ladybug

I wasn't going to check any luggage, but have decided it would be less time consuming and hassle to just take a n extra carryon just for toiletries. We may need the extra space for shopping anyway!

I wasn't going to check any luggage, but have decided it would be less time consuming and hassle to just take a n extra carryon just for toiletries. We may need the extra space for shopping anyway!

Gel Shoe Inserts????? *boggles*

So glad I thought to read this - I'm getting on the plane in 5 hours to go home!!! Will pack those puppies in my checked luggage!