WLS CARD

IT'S THE ONE QUESTION I JUST FORGET TO ASK WHEN I CALL AND TALK WITH CAROLYNN. LORI, MAYBE YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME. I'VE READ SEVERAL BOARDS WHERE THE DR HAS WLS CARDS, OR RESTAURANT PORTION CARDS YOU CAN KEEP IN YOUR WALLET. YOU CAN SHOW THEM AT CERTAIN RESTAURANTS THAT OFFER CHILDS PORTIONS AND THEY'LL LET YOU ORDER OFF THE CHILDRENS MENU. DOES DR ORTIZ OFFICE HAVE THESE FOR THOSE WHO ARE BANDED AT HIS CLINIC? (I HOPE THAT ALL MAKE SINCE LOL)

THANKS MUCH

PAM

I had my purse with me and left it in the room... i suppose you guys could trade off watching each others purses if you have a friend coming with you. I never felt like my possessions weren't safe there.

If you feel the need to have it secured, just ask Rene or Dorella at the clinic if they can stash it for you.

And yes, you do get a WLS card :)

OK ONE MORE QUESTION LOL SORRY

IS THERE A SECURE PLACE FOR OUR PURSES SINCE WE'VE JUST GOT EACH OTHER AND NO HUBBIES COMING WITH US?

THANKS LORI, I'M JUST USUALLY NOT IN THE HABIT OF LEAVING MY WALLETT, CREDIT CARDS AND CASH AROUND AT WORK, DENTIST, DR APPOINTMENTS, ETC AND WALKING AWAY FROM THEM.

THANKS LORI, I'M JUST USUALLY NOT IN THE HABIT OF LEAVING MY WALLETT, CREDIT CARDS AND CASH AROUND AT WORK, DENTIST, DR APPOINTMENTS, ETC AND WALKING AWAY FROM THEM.

Pammie - I had the same concerns, but none of my things were tampered with. I'm not sure the folks at the OCC realize how distressing it is to walk off and leave your suitcase in the lobby with strangers while you do your consultations for the pre-op. Afterall, we are in a foriegn country and these are our only possessions. Things are a little more secure in the surgical center. There is only one door in and out for patients and some patients are by themselves whereas others may have one family member with them. It isn't like American hospitals where the halls are congested with visitors. I did not take anything of significant value with me other than one major credit card in case of emergency, my birth certificate and drivers license, oh and my cell phone.

I would like to make a suggestion for the OCC. It would make patients feel more comfortable if you could make an area available for patients to store their luggage where there are perhaps small lockers so one could lock up their wallet or other small valuables. I've seen this done at the radiology clinic where I have my fills done. They require you to disrobe in a locker room, place your personal belongings in a locker and take the key with you which is on one of those stretchy telephone cord wrist bands. Just a thought.

By the way, I've never had to use the credit card stlye card that I was given at the OCC that is suppose to be a pass for ordering off the kids menu at a resturant. In fact, I've found that the kids menu may be smaller in portion but in most places the food choices aren't suitable for a banded patient (grilled cheese, chicken fingers, french fries, corn dogs). Food portions are so huge here in the USA that often, I'll just split a meal with a friend or family member. Since Mom, Sister and I were all banded together we often order one meal with 3 plates which gets us some looks since we are all large women. LOL!

Chelley

I would like to make a suggestion for the OCC. It would make patients feel more comfortable if you could make an area available for patients to store their luggage where there are perhaps small lockers so one could lock up their wallet or other small valuables. I've seen this done at the radiology clinic where I have my fills done. They require you to disrobe in a locker room, place your personal belongings in a locker and take the key with you which is on one of those stretchy telephone cord wrist bands. Just a thought.

Chelley

THANKS CHELLEY FOR REPLYING

I THINK WITH IDENTITY THIEF RUNNING SO HIGH, THAT'S A GREAT SUGGESTION FOR ANY CLINIC IN OR OUT OF THE U.S.