Is anyone else having a Hick-Up problem ???

Hi everyone ,

I was banded May 27th and I am having Hick-up issues...

I ve been hickuping everyday more than once a day, for weeks!

Its wierd and of course not comfortable to do ( i guess cause im still healing on the inside) it kind of hurts...

Is anyone else out there having Hick-up issues, and is it normal?

Or could there be something Im doing wrong?

Any suggestions? ? ? ? ?

Thanks,

Beatriz

:lb20:

I didn't have any hiccup issues, but the big, big burps, I did and still do! I let them roll too, I'm not holding them back. I excuse my self over and over..... but it feels so good to let them out!! :rolleyes:

I have heard of many bandsters that have hiccup issues early on.

Sometimes I let out this really weird and loud burp/hiccup at the same time. LOL

Uhm, I wish I could burp but nadda. Hiccups for sure and they come at the weirdest times. I'm not even eating with exception of creamies. Last night at like one in the morning I was catching up with the pvr for my shows and I started to hiccup out of the blue. All I had was water! Guess that's my future, huh?! hehe.

For some people, hiccups are what's know as a soft stop. It's their bodies way of telling them to stop eating before they get in a situation where they're going to pb. When I get hiccups like that, it helps for me to take in the biggest breath I can, then stretch backwards while holding my breath as long as I can without getting dizzy. Stretching over a balance ball does the most good because it allows me to stretch out the most without being uncomfortable, but I'll use a bed or a sofa if my ball is not available.

For some people, hiccups are what's know as a soft stop. It's their bodies way of telling them to stop eating before they get in a situation where they're going to pb. When I get hiccups like that, it helps for me to take in the biggest breath I can, then stretch backwards while holding my breath as long as I can without getting dizzy. Stretching over a balance ball does the most good because it allows me to stretch out the most without being uncomfortable, but I'll use a bed or a sofa if my ball is not available.

I'm happy to have a more pleasant warning system then! Thanks for that.

Hickups are sometimes referred to your body's reaction (via the diaphram) to having too much Carbon Dioxide in the body. To balance this - do the following deep-breathing exercise:

Inhale for a slow three count through your nose, holding your tounge at the top of your mouth behind your teeth

After the three count, hold that breath for a three count

Now, exhale through your mouth over a five count until your lungs feel empty.

Repeat.

Do this until your body makes you yawn. You will a ) feel more relaxed and b ) have reset the Carbon Dioxide : Oxygen ratio in your body.

Happy breathing! :)

Hickups are sometimes referred to your body's reaction (via the diaphram) to having too much Carbon Dioxide in the body. To balance this - do the following deep-breathing exercise:

Inhale for a slow three count through your nose, holding your tounge at the top of your mouth behind your teeth

After the three count, hold that breath for a three count

Now, exhale through your mouth over a five count until your lungs feel empty.

Repeat.

Do this until your body makes you yawn. You will a ) feel more relaxed and b ) have reset the Carbon Dioxide : Oxygen ratio in your body.

Happy breathing! :)

oooooOOooOH Thanks! Who knew?!

Hi Beatriz!

I was banded the day before you, I was with my sister and we are from Georgia! I am not on the forum as often as I would like but just came across your post. I too get hiccups everyday. No rhyme or reason for when they occur. Sometimes they are more painful than others. I hope you are doing well. Are you coming to Roswell for your fills?? I have my first on July 12th with Cedartown (from Alabama).

:rolleyes:

Lealove... HI :lb14:

Hope your doing well...

I am also going to go to Roswell for my fill ! Maybe i can get filled the 12th too =0) and party with guys ...

Im not sure how to get there i will have to map quest that trip :P

:lb21:

Hello All!

I had hiccups the first time the other night..........in the middle of the night!! I could not believe it. They lasted about 15 mins. Not had them since. But I also get the BIG BAD BURPS - they do feel good to release but hurt so bad coming up. At first I would "swallow" them back because they hurt so bad coming up, but now they don't hurt as bad (each day is a bit better).

Thanks to everyone for all the cool information!

Hello All!

I had hiccups the first time the other night..........in the middle of the night!! I could not believe it. They lasted about 15 mins. Not had them since. But I also get the BIG BAD BURPS - they do feel good to release but hurt so bad coming up. At first I would "swallow" them back because they hurt so bad coming up, but now they don't hurt as bad (each day is a bit better).

Thanks to everyone for all the cool information!

Wah, I wanna burp like all the other kids! :girl_cray2:

• 4 weeks later...

Every since I had my second fill, I have had the hiccups whenever I eat something and it gets stuck. This usually happens when I eat bread. I take a bite (sometimes it just takes one small bite) and I can feel it get stuck and then immediately I begin to hiccup. The hiccuping doesn't last very long and sometimes I start eating again - but leave out the bread!

The joke is that everyone in my office knows if I'm eating something I shouldn't be (bread) when they hear me hiccup!

Too funny Dawnie... Busted! I never had the hiccups until after I had my first fill. Then I had them regularly for about a week, and that's it. Gone, gone, gone, ......