Cell phone coverage in TJ

Guest ladybug

Guest ladybug

I just spoke to Cingular. I also posted this on another site so others could be informed. Cingular cell phone plans have coverage in TJ, but the rate is $.099 per minute. You can purchase an international rate for $4.99 a month and get a reduced rate of $.059 per minute. I cannot address other plans, but assume most are similar. Every person will need to call their carrier to be sure.

I just spoke to Cingular. I also posted this on another site so others could be informed. Cingular cell phone plans have coverage in TJ, but the rate is $.099 per minute. You can purchase an international rate for $4.99 a month and get a reduced rate of $.059 per minute. I cannot address other plans, but assume most are similar. Every person will need to call their carrier to be sure.

Sometimes I was able to get US coverage while in TJ. If it didn't say 'Cingular' on my phone, I turned my phone off and it usually did then say Cingular. I didn't get charged any extra from Mexico because I only called when it said I had Cingular coverage. I used my phone a lot while in TJ for no extra charge.

Karen MT from KY

Banded 7/25/06

lost 8 lbs so far

52 more to go!

Get 1st fill in 2 weeks!

I HAVE CINGULAR AND IT KEPT SWITCHING BACK AND FORTH AT THE HOTEL. AT THE CLINIC I WAS ON MY CELL ALL THE TIME SINCE IT SAID CINGULAR. I WAS SO JUMPY, BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS, LAUGHING, BEFORE SURGERY, EITHER I WAS IN THE HALL, IN MY FRIENDS ROOM, OR ON THE PHONE LOL I CHECKED MY BILL ONCE I GOT HOME AND LOOKS LIKE IT WASN'T A PROBLEM, NO EXTRA CHARGES, THANK GOD LOL

Sometimes I was able to get US coverage while in TJ. If it didn't say 'Cingular' on my phone, I turned my phone off and it usually did then say Cingular. I didn't get charged any extra from Mexico because I only called when it said I had Cingular coverage. I used my phone a lot while in TJ for no extra charge.

Karen MT from KY

Banded 7/25/06

lost 8 lbs so far

52 more to go!

Get 1st fill in 2 weeks!