Had first fill

I am one week out from first fill and have no restriction to speak of. Definitely not anymore than with no fill. I am getting ready to book next fill and wanted to know if there was anyone who would like to coordinate to ride with me. Last week, I met Heidi at the airport, rented a car and we drove to the border. We parked the car on this side, walked accross and got a taxi. It worked really well and the transportation only cost me $40 instead of $120, but I don't want to do it without company. I am looking at going around the 17th or 18th of July, anyone who would like to coordinate? I would probably fly in and arrive around 8:30 AM and plan to be at OCC sometime around noon. If you want to do this you can email me directly at vjsimonds@flairdata.com

Sorry that this fill is not what you expected !!! I know how dissapointing that is :mellow:

My first fill was 1.9cc and I had restriction for maybe 2-3 days, but after that ... ZERO

I did schedule my 2nd fill right away and got another 1.3cc and I think I don't have to go back for another one anytime soon for sure.

Helloooo restriction :D

Just work with what you have for now ;) You have done great! YOU CAN DO THIS :cheerleader:

Where are you flying from. I scheduled my first fill for the 12th of August. And I had Melissa have the van pick me up because of thight schelude to get back to the airport since im flying back to Texas the same day. Hope you find someone to share with you.

Ugh! I am right there with you. I have had two fills and have a whopping 1.3cc in my band. It sucks! I hope you can find someone to go with you.

From reading here it seems like the first fill just doesn't do it. I wonder if it's because the first fill is sort of a test fill, just to get you used to it.

I don't know, but I scheduled my first fill for Aug. 6th an my second one 4 weeks later.

Jena

I am one week out from first fill and have no restriction to speak of. Definitely not anymore than with no fill. I am getting ready to book next fill and wanted to know if there was anyone who would like to coordinate to ride with me. Last week, I met Heidi at the airport, rented a car and we drove to the border. We parked the car on this side, walked accross and got a taxi. It worked really well and the transportation only cost me $40 instead of $120, but I don't want to do it without company. I am looking at going around the 17th or 18th of July, anyone who would like to coordinate? I would probably fly in and arrive around 8:30 AM and plan to be at OCC sometime around noon. If you want to do this you can email me directly at vjsimonds@flairdata.com

Just a suggestion, that is even cheaper... My sister and I took the bus/trolley system to the border, walked across and took a cab to the OCC. We bought a 2 day pass for $10. We stayed at a hotel in Chula Vista and went shopping before our plane trip back. Worked out sooooo well. I highly recommend using this system.

The instructions for which bus/trolley are posted in the the "Fill Doctors-Fill trips to Tijuana" pinned at the top.

I also got 1.8 for my first fill and now feel nothing <_< I'm looking into going on July 29th, spending the night at the Lucerna and flying back on the 30th. I'll probably get the package deal and I'll be going alone. Unless someone else is going???? ;)

My first fill was also done in TJ and I was also told I had 1.8 cc. It didn't seem like anything as far as restriction goes. I had my second fill in Murfreesboro, tn and when he took out what was in my band it came to only be 1.6 cc. I was a bit dissappointed. I have my 3rd fill scheduled again in Tn. I hope he gets really aggressive. I am some what discouraged. <_<

My first fill was also done in TJ and I was also told I had 1.8 cc. It didn't seem like anything as far as restriction goes. I had my second fill in Murfreesboro, tn and when he took out what was in my band it came to only be 1.6 cc. I was a bit dissappointed. I have my 3rd fill scheduled again in Tn. I hope he gets really aggressive. I am some what discouraged. <_<

Did you have any restriction after your second fill? From what I've heard, losing a little fluid isn't unusual.

He didn't have to tell me. I watched to make sure the entire 1.8 cc went in but it just isn't enough to even feel. I have not even had anything really feel like it was going to get stuck let alone actually get stuck and I have tried bread, pasta, rice, steak, chicken, etc. So I know there is not restriction there.

I'm getting really nervous and scared about this whole thing! The more I read, the more I realize the first fill doesn't do much for most people. What's the point if you're getting a fill with no restriction? we were explained that the band was not adjusted during surgery to ease the healing process, but we should definitely expect restriction after the first fill! we should not be having back to back fills for lack of restriction... Anyway, I intend to ask hard questions during my first fill scheduled 07/08/08. I was banded on 05/23 and still trying to understand as there are so many versions. If you had a successful first fill, how much was it? can we insist on getting the same amount to at least space out the number of fills? What happens when we have no more room for fills? It that a possibility?

I'm getting really nervous and scared about this whole thing! The more I read, the more I realize the first fill doesn't do much for most people. What's the point if you're getting a fill with no restriction? we were explained that the band was not adjusted during surgery to ease the healing process, but we should definitely expect restriction after the first fill! we should not be having back to back fills for lack of restriction... Anyway, I intend to ask hard questions during my first fill scheduled 07/08/08. I was banded on 05/23 and still trying to understand as there are so many versions. If you had a successful first fill, how much was it? can we insist on getting the same amount to at least space out the number of fills? What happens when we have no more room for fills? It that a possibility?

You should restart this as a new thread... with a poll! :D

I haven't had a fill yet, but I seem to understand that the first fill is almost like a shocker to your stomach organ. So right out of surgery the goal is to let all the stitches holding everything in get healed. First fill is your stomach can handle getting squeezed, haha. Then from there it's a series of smaller fills as they are needed. And everybody is different on the fill amount, that's why they insist fluro is better. :) And the "no more room"... I just read that somebody said a 4cc band can actually hold 5cc.

Anyway, would make a fun poll if you want. And also good questions to ask at your first fill anyway. :)