Answer from Dr. Miranda

Here is what I asked:

Some of us on the forum were having a discussion about the rules of eating. The majority of us remember being told (and also have the paperwork ) saying to divide your plate into 3 portions. Protein gets eaten first, then if you have room, go for the veggies and

finally, the carbs.

But, now, some of the girls are saying that you changed that recently. Some of the newer ones said that you told them fruit and

veggies first, protein last. Has someone misunderstood the rules or have you changed your opinion on the portions and when to eat. Personally, I have been sticking with protein first, then veggies. I usually don't have much room for carbs.

So, we are curious, did you change the rules, if so, why and what are they now?

Thanks, and I will be sure to post your answer so everyone can see it.

Here is her answer:

Dear Ramona:

the rules are meant for you to eat a little bit of the 4 groups. The

reason I wrote down that order was so that if or during the first week

they come to feel that the grain gets stuck and if the spit it up the

rest of the meal is inside your tummy.

I allways tell patients greens and fruits are soo important part of

the nutrition, I know evrybody eats protein it is seldomley that

somebody will not eat some protein. You may very well start one day

with the salad if you wish. No harm done.

dr. Miranda

I wonder ~~~~ when I sat with her, I told her I rarely eat meat and would prefer never to eat meat again. Maybe, knowing that about ME, she told ME to eat protein first, knowing I don't eat much of it. Maybe she tailors her instructions to the individual. Would make sense. I am forcing myself to eat meat now because it fills me up and keeps me full. See, I am one of the crazy animal activists and therefore have a very hard time with meat. I am SOOO conflicted. I wish they would make a pill for that, LOL!!

Im te total opposite I dont like veggies, but she still told me to eat my protien first then veggie and fruit and the if there was space carbs. Well its only my second day of solids and ive been only been abel to get in the protien. and not even the 3 oz. because i get full right away. :D

So basicaly what she is saying, as long as we eat some of each of the food groups, it dosen't matter what order.

That is good because I like to mix my food all together "except the fruit" and eat it that way! Thanks for checking for us.

So basicaly what she is saying, as long as we eat some of each of the food groups, it dosen't matter what order.

That is good because I like to mix my food all together "except the fruit" and eat it that way! Thanks for checking for us.

HAHAHAHAHA thats funny, because I like to mix my food altogether too! I'm a one pot queen! People think I am weird for that so I am glad to see I'm not the only one. Of course, I am weird for a lot of other things too!!

I think I'm going to stick to what I've been doing (since it's worked): eat my protien first, then veggies, then fruits, then carbs.

Me too what Dawnie said, I just tried to have barbacue chicken thigh, I had about 4 small pieces and had to stop, then I tried 2 small pieces of watermelon and it all wanted to come back up on me. I hand to go for a walk, could this be restriction so soon or just swelling?

Me too what Dawnie said, I just tried to have barbacue chicken thigh, I had about 4 small pieces and had to stop, then I tried 2 small pieces of watermelon and it all wanted to come back up on me. I hand to go for a walk, could this be restriction so soon or just swelling?

I believe it's just swelling that will resolve too soon!! You'll see, before you know it you'll be able to scarf down anything you want to before your first fill, it's called bandster Hell 101. Stop when you are full and you won't stretch out your pouch.

Hi Dennis, did you chew real good? I got banded 4 days before you, maybe your site is still swollen, Everyone says and I have read that the period between the swelling going down (no restriction) and the first fill has been given the nickname : "Bandster Hell". I have no restriction and it is as if I never had any surgery at all. I try very hard to watch my eating and use chop sticks to keep it slow. My first fill is on July 22. Like when I was waiting to get banded, it's a mix of excitment and fear. be well, Barb