Fill Concerns

I went to fill Center in Thornton, CO for my second fill last Monday and when he took the fluid out he could only get .9cc out even though at OCC they said they put in 1.8 cc. The Doc here said maybe the other half came out when they took the needle out or something but that is an awfully big decrepancy. Has anyone else had this issue. I am concerned that I may have a leak in the band somewhere and that is very frustrating to me so soon after surgery when I have paid so much for this. Can anyone comment on how common it is to have leaks or do you think they didn't really put the right amount in? The Dr. in Thornton put in 2.4cc and I have fairly good restriction AM decent at noon and a little at night.

I went to fill Center in Thornton, CO for my second fill last Monday and when he took the fluid out he could only get .9cc out even though at OCC they said they put in 1.8 cc. The Doc here said maybe the other half came out when they took the needle out or something but that is an awfully big decrepancy. Has anyone else had this issue. I am concerned that I may have a leak in the band somewhere and that is very frustrating to me so soon after surgery when I have paid so much for this. Can anyone comment on how common it is to have leaks or do you think they didn't really put the right amount in? The Dr. in Thornton put in 2.4cc and I have fairly good restriction AM decent at noon and a little at night.

YES! The exact same thing happened to me at a Fill Center USA in Salt Lake City. I was very worried about it and spoke to Carolyn. She said a similar thing happened to her and Its just that sometimes the entire amount of fill cannot be extracted. That means that we might have a little more fill than we think. Also, the band is a permeable material, so there will be some loss, but not 1/2. At any rate I am losing weight and feeling fine, so I don't worry about it. Just do your thing and be grateful for this really cool tool!

I had the same thing happen, I am suppose to go back to Occ and have them ck me. but I haven't made it back yet. I was feeling less resriction, then more so i will wait a bit to see what is going on.. Wait untill your next fill and see what comes out!! Best of luck!!

Sonna