Don't feel any different

I completely agree with Paula (she is soooo wise!). When I look in the mirror I see all the flaws and never any progress. Even knowing that I have lost over a hundred (since highest) pounds, I still just cant wrap my head around it. I have friends that make silly comments to me like "skinny minny" etc. and I actually get mad cause my mind weighs 318 pounds.

Because of my mindset, my cousin made a picture. She took a full body shot photo from April 2007, put it side-by-side with a full body shot taken April 2008. I was down 80 pounds since surgery (103lbs since highest). She printed it so that I could have something physically in my hand to show what progress I've made. I now keep this in my purse and take a peek now and then. I also show this to people that I haven't seen in a while or those that learn of my surgery and never knew how fat I was.

I have to admit, I struggle with this everyday. Receiving compliments on my physical appearance is just so hard. I hope they are not exaggerating and that some day my self-confidence (AND YOURS) will improve.

LOL.. thanks for the compliment... not sooooo wise, just sooooo experienced in this one area.

Man, oh Man... your pictures are FANTASTIC. I do love the one with you in the green shirt and the one where you are standing in one leg of your old pants.