rough day

hi everyone,

had a really rough day today. lots of gas. a really upset stomach. couldn't drink more than a bottle of liquid yoghurt and some water. only got half way thru the bottle of vitamin water. i feel blah and light-headed. and the more i tried to drink, the more upset my intestines got. walking hasn't really helped. i am just tired now and will probably just go to sleep soon.

i don't know if it is just the bacteria in the yoghurt. i started drinking yoghurt yesterday. i started feeling bad after i drank some lemonade at lunch. maybe the bacteria feeding on the carbs in the lemonade. i got banded 8 days ago.

on the other hand, i did get my first "have you lost weight?" comment today! that was good. but, time to rest now.

grace

Hey Grace,

Sorry to hear you had a bad day and hope you start feeling better fast! Just remember you had surgery only 8 days ago, we're going to have blah and bad feelings days. Keep an eye on the yogurt, you may want to go to the store and buy some fresh product - and not mix with lemonade - I would guess it would make it curdle in your tummy.

Congrats on the official notice!!

And go get some rest so you can feel better! (To be on the safe side make sure you have some OTC nausea medication on hand and take it if needed)

Lisa

It took me about 14 days to feel better. I forced myself to walk and take very small sips. That was my motto for the first few weeks. walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip. You might be right about the yogurt and lemonade. Don't mix them. It will get better in time.

hi everyone,

had a really rough day today. lots of gas. a really upset stomach. couldn't drink more than a bottle of liquid yoghurt and some water. only got half way thru the bottle of vitamin water. i feel blah and light-headed. and the more i tried to drink, the more upset my intestines got. walking hasn't really helped. i am just tired now and will probably just go to sleep soon.

i don't know if it is just the bacteria in the yoghurt. i started drinking yoghurt yesterday. i started feeling bad after i drank some lemonade at lunch. maybe the bacteria feeding on the carbs in the lemonade. i got banded 8 days ago.

on the other hand, i did get my first "have you lost weight?" comment today! that was good. but, time to rest now.

grace

Grace,

Sorry you're feeling so crummy. I was feeling the same way for a couple of days and felt like I was napping all the time. I started creamy soups today and I feel SOOOOO much better. For the first time in 8 days I felt human again (and full!). Hang in there, any maybe try adding some soup, Man was not made to live on clear liquids (or drinkable yougurt for that matter!)! Good luck

Lisa