Is everyone drinking Protein shakes/drinks?

Just an observation, I see alot of you still having protein shakes, are you using these to replace your meals or along with your meals?

My surgeon does not want me doing shakes unless for some reason I cannot eat. I can see first thing in the morning when the band is tight and you need something a shake is the best thing.

I drank 4 shakes per day on pre-op for two weeks and swore I would never drink another one unless absolutely necessary.

I am five weeks post op and haven't had one yet.

Thanks Cathy

I don't either. When I finished the liquid phase I just flat out didn't want to go there again. Every now and then I substitute a protein bar for a meal.

Cheryl

On occasion, I have one for breakfast, especially if I'm in a hurry and trying to get out the door. I only use them for convenience and only have them for breakfast though.

I add a scoop to my coffee each morning, otherwise I need to use the empty calories of coffeemate.. and I use a LOT of coffeemate.. I like a little coffee with my coffeemate. Also, I just cannot get into breakfast; I take meds for sleeping, and often do not wake up until 9:00 am, throwing all my meals off. Dr. Ortiz's patients are not supposed to drink their meals, either. The directions from the manufacturer say that you should have 3 solid meals a day, no snacks, and no liquid meals. Solid meals do not include liquidy soups.

I personally find it close to impossible to eat 60 or more grams of protein a day when I can only eat 10 - 15 grams per meal. It is a choice I make, knowing it is not what is recommended, because breakfast makes me nauseous.

So, to answer your question, yes I do, and no, I shouldn't.

I just keep a few on hand for after I PB, or after a fill.

I work nights 3 times a week and work 10 -12 hour shifts no lunch no breaks

so I will drink one on those days just to tie me over.

I also will freeze a slim fast and take it to the golf course if i'm golfing, again just to

keep me from making poor food choices.

Hi there, I have the three Cs. Two children, a 35 mile commute and career that includes phone calls that start at 7am.

It's coffee and Muscle Milk Light 5 days a week for breakfast. Or -- I'll add a scoop of powdered Muscle Milk to Activa yogurt and spoon it down.

It used to be a protein bar, but thanks to Medifast, I have an intolerance for soy protein and I can't find whey protein bars that taste good.

I'm all ears for those of you who have found a good whey protein bar though!

I add a scoop to my coffee each morning, otherwise I need to use the empty calories of coffeemate.. and I use a LOT of coffeemate.. I like a little coffee with my coffeemate. Also, I just cannot get into breakfast; I take meds for sleeping, and often do not wake up until 9:00 am, throwing all my meals off. Dr. Ortiz's patients are not supposed to drink their meals, either. The directions from the manufacturer say that you should have 3 solid meals a day, no snacks, and no liquid meals. Solid meals do not include liquidy soups.

I personally find it close to impossible to eat 60 or more grams of protein a day when I can only eat 10 - 15 grams per meal. It is a choice I make, knowing it is not what is recommended, because breakfast makes me nauseous.

So, to answer your question, yes I do, and no, I shouldn't.

Paula, I have tried your flavored protien/coffee in the morning and have it to be delious. thanks for such a great idea, it beats the black coffee.

I have a shake every morning for breakfast. I just cannot start on solid foods until afternoon.