band pains/crampiness

Lori, I've been banded 5months now and the pain I felt was like a poking pain on my incision areas and one funny one on the bottom left corner. My dr. told me it was normal that our skin was getting back into its normal areas due to the inflation they did. I will from time to time fill a twitch. Crampy feeling I feel it comes from our mode swings. Remember our body is changing for the best. Sylvia (Dinuba)

The only place i ever feel anything is the port site - sometimes the incision feels itchy - other times the port site hurts a little - usually after tossing and turning alot at night which I do alot! - and if i eat too much my port site hurts and aches a little. Also, sometimes when I exercise and pressure or whatever is pushing on the port site it may get a little sore or tender.

THIS MAY JUST SOUND STUPID BUT HERE GOES LOL :lol:

WHERE IS "MY BAND SITE"?

The only place i ever feel anything is the port site - sometimes the incision feels itchy - other times the port site hurts a little - usually after tossing and turning alot at night which I do alot! - and if i eat too much my port site hurts and aches a little. Also, sometimes when I exercise and pressure or whatever is pushing on the port site it may get a little sore or tender.

THANKS!!!

I GET SLIGHT PAINS IN MY PORT SITE FROM TIME TO TIME AND LAUGHING, OH GOD LOL DON'T GET ME LAUGHING LOL. I CAN FEEL SOMETHING IN THERE BUT I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S THE PORT ITSELF OR SCAR TISSUE BUILDING UP. IT'S STILL TO SORE JUST TO GRAB THE SUCKER VERY HARD AND SEE IF I CAN FEEL IT'S SHAPE

Pammie,

you are brave to grab the sucker as i can't stand to touch it - it kinda makes me sick - though it doesnt take much to make me squeamish. Dr. 'romero finds this quite amusing as I have my belley button pierced and he says that must have hurt more than a fill, etc - which it did (but I was dumb and much younger when I did that)

b

THANKS!!!

I GET SLIGHT PAINS IN MY PORT SITE FROM TIME TO TIME AND LAUGHING, OH GOD LOL DON'T GET ME LAUGHING LOL. I CAN FEEL SOMETHING IN THERE BUT I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S THE PORT ITSELF OR SCAR TISSUE BUILDING UP. IT'S STILL TO SORE JUST TO GRAB THE SUCKER VERY HARD AND SEE IF I CAN FEEL IT'S SHAPE

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

A long-time bandster told me its probably acid reflux problems possibly causing my stomach to spasm a bit (I also have IBS so that could be the culprit) anyway - I started taking Aciphex and it is a lot better - I sometimes still pop a tums when needed and that seems to have helped a lot.

I've always had a very tender tummy and I think its still learning to live with the band :)

I do plan on getting the annual endoscopy as recommend by Dr. Ortiz just to make sure all is OK :)

Hi,

A long-time bandster told me its probably acid reflux problems possibly causing my stomach to spasm a bit (I also have IBS so that could be the culprit) anyway - I started taking Aciphex and it is a lot better - I sometimes still pop a tums when needed and that seems to have helped a lot.

I've always had a very tender tummy and I think its still learning to live with the band :)

I do plan on getting the annual endoscopy as recommend by Dr. Ortiz just to make sure all is OK :)

Hey Lori,

What is the annual endoscopy? I haven't heard of that before.

Bethy

Hi,

Lori, This is the first I have heard of a annual endoscopy. Please explain what that is, and can Dr. Ortiz or one of his staff do that for us?

Also wanted to thank you for all the good information I have gleaned from your input on this web site. ;)

Catherine

Banded 08/31 by Dr. Ortiz

I spoke with Rene at the clinic about this. He said its a good idea to have an endoscopy every 12-18 months so check your stomach/band health. Since some problems don't have symptoms, its just a good idea to make sure all is well down there!

Our office doesn't do the endoscopy, but it is around $250 for the procedure with the doctor we refer you to, and from what I've heard, he's an expert at doing the endoscopy on banded patients, and even gives you a video of the procedure.

You might be able to get your insurance to pay for it in the states, but if not, $250 sure is a small price for peace of mind!

He does put you out, right? Cuz I had a doctor do an endoscopy on me earlier this year and he convinced me to NOT take any drugs (my veins are small so he was afraid it would be more trouble then it was worth). It was the most HORRIFYING experience. And I'm not talking about the procedure itself - that's easy. But I have a severe gag reflex and kept throwing up around the tube, freaking out and my arms and legs were flailing like I was drowning and trying not to grab the tube and yank it back out. *shudders*

Worst 45 seconds of my life!

I spoke with Rene at the clinic about this. He said its a good idea to have an endoscopy every 12-18 months so check your stomach/band health. Since some problems don't have symptoms, its just a good idea to make sure all is well down there!

Our office doesn't do the endoscopy, but it is around $250 for the procedure with the doctor we refer you to, and from what I've heard, he's an expert at doing the endoscopy on banded patients, and even gives you a video of the procedure.

You might be able to get your insurance to pay for it in the states, but if not, $250 sure is a small price for peace of mind!

Does anyone else experience slight pains or almost a crampy feeling around their band site? Not all the time, but periodically.

:) Hi, I am a first time user. I had my band done 3 weeks ago, and I am also experiencing the same thing? What I find is if I put a hot water bottle on my stomach and lay down it feels better.

Does anyone else experience slight pains or almost a crampy feeling around their band site? Not all the time, but periodically.

:) Hi, I am a first time user. I had my band done 3 weeks ago, and I am also experiencing the same thing? What I find is if I put a hot water bottle on my stomach and lay down it feels better.

Hello everyone,

My port site is a little tender but not until the end of the day. My experience has been a pain that is sometimes like someone is "goosing" me in my left side. Sometimes it is a very sharp pain and other times it's dull and achy. Has anyone else experienced this?