To those who are already banded...maybe others too

Hello Bandsters and Future bandsters...

I was banded on Monday Aug 27th and as i've been cleaning my wounds daily, i noticed today that 2 of them are pussing mildly. They are not swolen and I don't have a fever or anything but I was curious what topical creams I could apply to it to help kill the infection. I've had other cuts and scrapes that have pussed before and i was able to take care of them by keeping them clean but never after a surgery. These are no bigger than your average pimple now with about the same amount of puss so im not too worried yet but I need some advice on what to keep them clean with.

Has anyone else who was banned had this problem??

I've already used some hydrogen proxide and am about to go get some of that triple action antibiotic cream. Anyother suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

I'm so sorry you are having a little trouble. Did you call Dr. Ortiz? I might if I were you. How are things going other than that? My stomach is growling a lot, but drinking some water usually helps. And I was having some gas pains, but they seem to be better today. My incisions all look pretty good though, and the bruising is going away. Hope you heal well.

Becki

Hi Dave,

I think that you are doing the right thing by using the antibiotic ointment. Keep the sores clean and dry. Hydrogen peroxide could be irritating to the tissue. At the very first sign of a fever or if the incisions are red, irritated or draining, call your Dr. Better to be safe than sorry!

Linda

(RN professionally)

Dave,

How are your wounds doing now? Better I hope? And what did you decided to do?

Becki

Hi becki,

I've been using the antibiotic cream and keeping the wounds as clean as possible and they aren't getting any worse but not sure if they're getting better. I dont think ive given it enough time yet but we'll see what happens!

If no improvement in the next few days, i'll have to call the Doc.

Hi becki,

I've been using the antibiotic cream and keeping the wounds as clean as possible and they aren't getting any worse but not sure if they're getting better. I dont think ive given it enough time yet but we'll see what happens!

If no improvement in the next few days, i'll have to call the Doc.

KEEP SAFE!!!

Ivory soap and water do wonders for wounds, but I would encourage you to follow up with your local physician. The reason why? Tripple antibiotic is great, but could be keeping your wounds too moist and add to the risk of them openning up further. It's best to be safe than sorry ... see a doctor right away.

Ivory soap and water do wonders for wounds, but I would encourage you to follow up with your local physician. The reason why? Tripple antibiotic is great, but could be keeping your wounds too moist and add to the risk of them openning up further. It's best to be safe than sorry ... see a doctor right away.

Dear Chelley,

I have read so many of your posts and I was banded on August 23rd. I have seen the doctor today and I am down 6 pounds. I am hungry all the time too. I have a size 10 VG band and I feel absolutely no restriction. I was afraid to eat anything the first few days. Then, about the 5th day, my appetite kicked in. I have appetite suppressants that have helped me. That is what they are for. I use my X-L Glider everyday for at least 20 minutes. I want the weight off because I have twin 18 month olds. Diet and exercise are the only things that take the weight off. You are consuming 1000 calories a day and not losing weight and I find that really incredible. You had diabetes and I know that got better. I am an opera singer who works at the Metropolitan Opera as a full-time chorister. I look at my band this way. It is just a tool to help me keep the weight off. I am following the healthiest diet without making myself miserable. Just do whatever it takes to get the weight off and worry about the rest later. It is nice and dandy to see all those instructions on paper, but if it was so easy none would need weightloss surgery. Alot of that lingo stuff puts one inside a box. Do what works for you. Doctors cannot figure that out for you. It is our own responsibility to take a good honest assessment of what our real problems are. I am 38 years old and just gained weight in the last 10 years. My sisters have too. My heaviest has been 271. I am currently 264. I think that I am the most gorgeous woman in the world also. I have no health problems, but I had a thin mother. My motivation is I don't really want my kids to have an overweight mommy. Don't put so much stock in other people, be true to yourself and you will do great. You are so positive!!!!!! You helped me so much without even knowing it. I hate exercise, but the xl glider is so easy and you burn alot of calories. If you can spend 20 minutes on the internet you can spend 20 minutes walking.

Sincerely,

Angela Deverger

adeverger1@aol.com

Hope this helps.

Dave,

I thought in my after care instructions from Dr. Ortiz it said to call if you were having any puss/problems with the incisions. Also, if its an infection you probably need antibiotics - i wouldn't mess around with that - call!