hi everyone

new on here have been lurking for a few days.im seriously thinking about having it done my wife did about 2 years ago at the moulden clinic in tj by dr martinez.she has done good lost teh weight and has keep it off,but it seems like she vomits alot while eating is this common for most people?good luck to everyone on the weight loss journey i have been heavy most of my adult life im 43 now and done with the up and down diet game.

Hi, welcome to the board. I'm glad to hear your wife had this and is doing well. I was just banded a week ago, I too have been up and down my whole life. From what I understand, vomiting is very bad with the band, as it can cause it to slip. I've also read that there are several things that can cause it, such as eating too big a bite, and not chewing it well enough. I don't believe that most people will vomit much if at all as long as they follow the guidelines. They are meant to keep you from vomiting.

Maybe someone who has been banded longer can help more, but for me, I would do it again in a heartbeat, even if I did vomit.

Becki

It really isn't "vomitting" ... it's slimming. When you eat a certain food or you eat to fast or you take a drink with a meal sometimes it just doesn't want to go down and your body creates this thick slime like goo to help it slide down .... the more you try to swallow the bigger it seems to get until you just have to go hover over the toilet and let it come up and spit it out. Like you said, certain foods can cause it ... for me it is corn or corn meal products. Being a country gal, sometimes you just want a plate of beans and cornbread... forget it... one bite of cornbread even soaked with beans sends me to the toilet. Slimming or PB'ing or whatever you want to call it can also happen when your band is too tight. It is definately one of the negative re-inforcements for eating correctly.

Chelley

She shouldn't be vomitting or PBing frequently. Remember to Chew to Goo and eat slowly. I was told that eventually, everyone will have a PB moment, so far I've been able to avoid that <knocking on wood>, but I know someday I'll forget to chew like I should and I'll end up doing it - but I hope I can avoid it as long as possible!